Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #3431

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Stevie boy are you and Annie gettin the itch to point Bonita Bounder down the road? Barb and I have been sittin a month now and we are definitely plotting the next curiosity.... We are thinking maybe Sedona or Grand Canyon and other points around AZ. Yep I hear the call of the road.

Hey Herb,

We are sitting in Camp Verde, AZ and exploring all around and around the 1st of Nov. will be heading to Apache Junction till at least Feb, and then a trip to Quartzite and Yuma. Hopefully in Oct, my DW and I can hook up with RVM 1 and his DW for a Jeepin adventure or two and then who knows for sure what will happen, but this area is ripe with sights to see and places to leave tread marks, and most of them do not have pavement, and now that the temps are getting much more moderate its getting even better. Myrtle Beach would be nice it just depends on when the weather is going to cooperate the best, we really dont wish to get into the heavy winds of a hurricane or anything like that, we would have to vacate to calmer climes. Of course sometime during early June we will have to go back to Mich for my nieces graduation from highschool but other than that our dance card is open for any curious curiosities that could happen.

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #3432

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Us PETA folk aren't all as bad as depicted. Our organization People Eating Tasty Animals could use some outside support.

PETA has been charge numerous times for torturing animals to get the right heart throb pictures for their ads. I am tired of these mindless buffoons screwing up the world so they can feel better about themselves.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #3433

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
X2 - and aside from learning - I'm also glad to know Sena will be safe. I didn't mean to suggest a rant at all. I think we mutants are truly GRAND in our interest in and goodwill toward each other. We are a remarkable curiosity.

I really don't get why Sena and her primate family members - draw such ire from some people. Ignorance I guess. I have a friend from India. At their country home there is some type of native monkey that lives on their property. She says even though they are not domesticated, they become like family members. Another friend shared his pictures and videos of Gibraltar - many happy monkeys there! No one seems to have a problem. All too confusing to ponder.
X3... at one time we had a Rottweiler she was as tame and friendly as a Golden Retriever but there were those that said ohhhhh bad dog because she was a Rottie, but when she was only 3 months old she and I were in obedience school together and learned much, .... .... the DW thought I was better trained afterwards as well ... ... anyway although we lost her just before she turned 3 to addisons disease she had never harmed or injured any other living creature, her life was all about play, but sometimes its hard to play with a 140 lb puppy, but for the time we were allotted with her it was wonderful.

Cheers !!!

P.S. one good memory I had with her is when she was just a pup and I was building a deck on the back of the S&B she kept sneaking up and drinking my coffee out of my coffee cup, I had a devil of a time figuring out why I was getting so many floaties in my cup until the DW showed me a pic of what was going on ....
Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Have a great journey to the Hot Springs!!
Tell Mort to smile for the camera!
when ya'll going to hot springs and have you ever stayed at the gorge if not it's a must love this camp ground.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #3435

you know we have a pit bull she is 2yrs old and a lot of places get mad when we show up with her and they try to say you can't have that dog here. I lol as I hand them her papers and they say fine but we will be watching her. lol she is our service dog there for they can't say no! but when y'all meet her you will see why I hate hearing pit bulls are mean. I owned a pit bull center and saved over 100 pit bull that would have been put down. and all went to good homes with kids and even cats. as I always say it's not the breed it's the owner. bad owners make bad dogs.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
you know we have a pit bull she is 2yrs old and a lot of places get mad when we show up with her and they try to say you can't have that dog here. I lol as I hand them her papers and they say fine but we will be watching her. lol she is our service dog there for they can't say no! but when y'all meet her you will see why I hate hearing pit bulls are mean. I owned a pit bull center and saved over 100 pit bull that would have been put down. and all went to good homes with kids and even cats. as I always say it's not the breed it's the owner. bad owners make bad dogs.
X2 Breed,

And well said, and I do believe that it goes for any animal that is domesticated, and I think its also true in Barb and Sena's case as well, people that arent informed wish to make proclamations to others, and spread ill will among the uninformed.

Cheers !!!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #3437

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed

when ya'll going to hot springs and have you ever stayed at the gorge if not it's a must love this camp ground.
Dogpatch is heading to some hot springs in Canada. We will be heading to Marble Falls for a week and a week in Kerrville. Have not been to gorge but have nearly gorged on bacon before. Been to Hot Springs Ar and in Thermopiles and Yellowstone, and believe it was Alpine, just outside Jacksons Hole. Can't pass up a good spring - hot or cold. We will be seeking BBQ in the Hill Country and have some for you.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #3438

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Us PETA folk aren't all as bad as depicted. Our organization People Eating Tasty Animals could use some outside support.

PETA has been charge numerous times for torturing animals to get the right heart throb pictures for their ads. I am tired of these mindless buffoons screwing up the world so they can feel better about themselves.
And the conversation was going so well.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #3439

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

And the conversation was going so well.
I thought PETA stood for

People Earn Their Appreciation (Abhorrence - Attitude - Affection). Shows what I knows.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #3440

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Oh good old Simian Herpes B is causing rampant misinformation and widespread prejudice against privately owned monkeys, AGAIN!

Ok, here's the facts. The B virus is the Old world monkey equivalent to the human cold sore... Another herpes virus. It is sexually transmitted and causes very little bother to the monkeys that get it. Over the past 100 or so years it has crossed species lines about 60 times and has caused an encephalitis in the affected human. It has only caused illness in humans bitten by research monkeys.

Before anti-viral drugs it had about a 60% fatality rate in the humans who contracted it. It is now completely controllable with drugs if started soon after exposure. Most adult wild old world monkeys carry the virus. This includes monkeys in Asia and Africa as well as the Snow Macaque troupe near Dilley, TX that ran amuck for years. Thousands of people have been bitten by these wild monkeys, yet not one human has ever gotten encephalitis from a monkey not in a research lab. Oh course, the monkeys are blamed, not the labs that keep the monkeys under horrible conditions and do God knows what to them.

Ok, Sena is a capuchin. Capuchins are new world monkeys . New world monkeys do not carry Simian Herpes B or any other disease that is harmful to humans. They can contract some diseases from humans, which are rapidly fatal to the monkey, but thankfully, this rarely happens.

Sena was born in Missouri, but her ancestors probably came from the tropical rain forests of Brazil or Peru. The US made it illegal to import monkeys except for lab research in the mid 70ís. Sena was born April 17th, 1997 so it is likely that she is at least 4 generations away from the jungle

So the bottom line is... NO HUMAN is at risk from Sena. She has NEVER broken skin on a human. We settled the monkey teeth on human skin issue when she was 2 months old.

Ok, I will step off the soap box now. I just want everyone to know that Sena is a very gentle and loving creature. She is my second child, the one who won't go off to college and leave me. She also won't support me in my old age -- that's her big sister's job.

Should we meet someday, please know that Sena will be diapered, leashed and on her very best behavior. She enjoys making new friends and has a special fondness for women with blonde or gray hair.

Wow! See how much we mutants can learn from each other!
I was worried that Miss Sena might catch it and get sick ....but glad to know she isn't in any danger from any wild ones she might come into contact with.
I hope I get to meet Miss Sena some day... (I meet both her criteria for her fondnessess...LOL and I always wanted a monkey growing up but my parents would never get me one....I had to settle with a stuffed animal orangutan I slept with every night.)
Thanks for the edumutation!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #3441

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty has just earned her a place in the RVM Lexicon.

Edmutation: mutants share information and learn from one another. Edmutation.

RVM2
Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #3442

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Anyone pondering Myrtle Beach in 2014?

Could be a great place for a curiosity! RVM32
I suppose it would depend on 'when' since we to stay a tad far form there during the colder months.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #3443

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My apologies for last night's rant. It was intended to educate and was not directed at anyone. You may have noticed that I have had to defend my choice... and my right, to have Sena in my life on more than many occasions.

It's never been easy, but it's usually a heck of a lot of fun.
In my younger days my DR (dumb roommate) had a pet monkey, don't know what kind it was, it was small, green with red around the face area and a tail. He was hilarious and a real joy. I loved being the unofficial official babysitter

I wish you and Sena all the best!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #3444

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Here are our mascots! A bit crowded when all are on board. Fortuately, only the little one gets to sleep in the bed. Max, the golden and Pepper, the poodle/bichon. Doggie love.
In our rig, the DW has also decided that the big one has to stay off the bed and sleep on the couch...unfortunately that's me..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]