Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #34665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Budget... Ya should a told us on Wed... Larry and I were flat broke when we got married, 13 years ago.... Who hasnt been there?
Lol.... We had fried cabbage last night..... With leftover meatloaf... However in todays world, ground beef sure aint cheap....
Wish we could join ya.. BUT this am we both gave our annual Dr checkups...
Safe trip......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Thanks Di...wish you and Larry could join us too. We'll have to do it another time. Good luck with the dr's appointments!
penguincp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 09:14 AM   #34666

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Hey Marty, when at Di's house the other day one of her pups had pink high lites on its tail. I ask if she had walked under something with wet paint, or was that the Marty Effect!

I was informed it was so her grands could tell them apart!
Hmmm... I'm sporting a pink streak right now! GMTA!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #34667
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Ditto.

I just thought I'd toss this out there... I called CL today to make our reservation and talked to Stan. Very nice guy, but he has been off work due to a pulmonary embolism and seemed a bit unorganized. (As I'm sure anyone would be.) Anyhow, he asked if I had the list of RVM attendees so I rattled off the info from Di's spreadsheet.

He didn't realize that Carl was part of the group. Also, he asked if the pavilion was "supposed to be reserved" and for which days... :what: I told him that to the best of MY knowledge, the pavilion was supposed to be reserved all week. He said he would reserve it for us.

I have not been involved in the reservations or planning, so if I have misspoken, someone PLEASE CALL STAN ASAP and straighten things out.
Sarah, I think you did real well. I don't care what Dave, Steve and all the others say about you, I think you are alright.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #34668

Hey Judy! Have a good one today. Hope it's the best yet!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #34669

Panic attack attack attack! All this stuff has to be battened down by Tuesday night so we can slip anchor Wednesday morning. Egads and gadzooks!!! Where did it all come from (don't answer that!) and where's it all gonna go??? Aaaack!!! 😱

I know. Breathe. Breathe again. In a paper bag, maybe. It'll all get stowed. Somehow. With a little help from my best friend here.

Four months in one spot is too long for me. 😵
Old 04-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #34670

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Woot Woot! I did it! I started at the beginning of RMdom and completed the story this morning from beginning to current as there will be no end. This should definitely qualify me as a mutant if not before for reading all those pages in case anyone was wondering.

That being said...

my regret....
*I wish I would have jotted down all the cool places that were mentioned during the thread - did anyone do this and is it posted anywhere?
*I sure learned a lot of acroynms some of which I'm still not sure what they stood for
*It sure would be nice if mutants added the state to the name of the city - some of those cities can be found in several states. LOL.

On the positive....
**Where can we get those mugs? Are there any left?
**NO, you will not find potatoes in McCall - it is a mountainous area. You have to live back east to get Idaho potatoes.
**We are doing some planning to find our way to Bryce!

In the mean time...
Several post mentioned coming to the NW this summer. We'd love to meet up with any of you up our way in the NW. Just let us know where you will be and we'll see if we can make a trip your way or if you get close to us, give us a holler!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #34671
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good Morning Mutants! Oh the humanity... why am I up so early??? Oh yeah - Bonita has needs. Have a great day STMs. Will report back later.
Good luck, Steve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks Sarah, your act may have saved the week! Herb said he reserved the Pavillion for the week but sounds like CL might have failed to list it. I had Alerted Carl on not being on the list and he was going to take care of that. I'll follow up with CL to be sure they're up to speed!

Ha MUTEYS we owe Sarah a Woot Woot!
I was just nervous that I might be telling Stan something wrong. His list of the sites was pretty much the same as Di's, with the exception of Carl. He still has Herb's site reserved but I believe Herb was going to wait to cancel to see if someone wanted that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Happy birthday to Mutant, Judy, today!
Indeed! Happy Birthday, Judy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sarah, I think you did real well. I don't care what Dave, Steve and all the others say about you, I think you are alright.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #34672
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Woot Woot! I did it! I started at the beginning of RMdom and completed the story this morning from beginning to current as there will be no end. This should definitely qualify me as a mutant if not before for reading all those pages in case anyone was wondering.

That being said...

my regret....
*I wish I would have jotted down all the cool places that were mentioned during the thread - did anyone do this and is it posted anywhere?
*I sure learned a lot of acroynms some of which I'm still not sure what they stood for
*It sure would be nice if mutants added the state to the name of the city - some of those cities can be found in several states. LOL.

On the positive....
**NO, you will not find potatoes in McCall - it is a mountainous area. You have to live back east to get Idaho potatoes.

In the mean time...
Several post mentioned coming to the NW this summer. We'd love to meet up with any of you up our way in the NW. Just let us know where you will be and we'll see if we can make a trip your way or if you get close to us, give us a holler!
Good job! Someday I might re-read this thread myself. Your comments about the acronyms and cool camping places might make good additions to the RVM website someday. Steve will have to get the temps to work on that!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #34673

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you for the Birthday Wishes!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:58 AM   #34674

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Panic attack attack attack! All this stuff has to be battened down by Tuesday night so we can slip anchor Wednesday morning. Egads and gadzooks!!! Where did it all come from (don't answer that!) and where's it all gonna go??? Aaaack!!! 😱

I know. Breathe. Breathe again. In a paper bag, maybe. It'll all get stowed. Somehow. With a little help from my best friend here.

Four months in one spot is too long for me. 😵
Hey Sue!

We have the same issues -- 4 months parked here and leaving late next week. But our abode is only 25' long and Smarty is only 8' 8" long. I need a good cull and chuck session, but Sena wants to help. Anyone have a giant shoehorn? I did get a roof rack for Smarty so the kayak and wagon can ride up top.

Too much stuff, too little storage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #34675

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hmmm do I sense an upgrade in the future? Sena? you behave!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #34676

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Good luck, Steve!!

I was just nervous that I might be telling Stan something wrong. His list of the sites was pretty much the same as Di's, with the exception of Carl. He still has Herb's site reserved but I believe Herb was going to wait to cancel to see if someone wanted that site.

Indeed! Happy Birthday, Judy!

Happy Birthday Judy!

I just called CL and they said they'd get back to me. I just wanted to confirm myself they're aware of the fact that I'm there as part of the GC and all. Will await their call back...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #34677

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post

That being said...

my regret....

On the positive....

In the mean time...
Well done Deb! You are the first brave soul to mention reading the entire thread in over a year. That's quite a feat!

On the mutant specific language -- Steve RVM2 has mentioned putting together an RVM lexicon on www.rvmutants.com but I don't believe he has yet. You know these new retirees just don't have the time with all the naps now required. Maybe you can volunteer so assistance.

On the RVM mugs -- great news! I have 2 extra and can personally deliver them when we come your way on our trek to Seattle for the summer.

I send a nightly email when I'm on the road to the RVM email list. You'll know when I'm getting close and I'll swap email with you when I get within 500 miles or so from you.

On locating other mutants -- are you on RVillage.com? There is a map that pinpoints member locations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #34678

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Sue!

We have the same issues -- 4 months parked here and leaving late next week. But our abode is only 25' long and Smarty is only 8' 8" long. I need a good cull and chuck session, but Sena wants to help. Anyone have a giant shoehorn? I did get a roof rack for Smarty so the kayak and wagon can ride up top.

Too much stuff, too little storage.

Cull and chuck, that's the ticket! If Martin had his way I'd chuck it all anyway! 😳

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things