Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #34735
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop-sicle View Post
Ok as requested, thanks to all for the welcome, we might have joined a group we can't keep up with a lot post wow.
A little about us, believing we want to see the rainbows and Journey to our destinations we purchased a well kept 2000 Coachmen Mirada 34 MBS back in Nov. 14 knowing retirement was on the horizon.
Well yesterday the horizon became the rainbow, CP Joyce and I Jerry both retired from the Univ. of Fla. same day same time, drove the MH to work and walked out to start our journey.
How many get to say that.
So here we sit the next day in Walmart lot our first, and will proceed to Savannah in a few hours, this is our first official trip just did two days at local camp with some friends who also own.

Our big trip is already planned and reservations made for Hot air balloon fiesta in NM. followed by a couple days at trailer village Grand Canyon, will visit relatives in Texas on way out.

Again Thanks when learn more will try to create signature. Jerry and CP Joyce RVM 109
Great story. And a great new beginning. If your travels through Texas takes you anywhere near Galveston, we are only 14 miles from there. Houston is only 40. Be happy to meet up with you on your trek. Just Holler. And, (should not start a sentence with "and.") if you have not heard my theme song, it is just a request away on the group email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hey, Steve (et al)....
Gotcher toe tappin shoose on?
ACDC Thunderstruck, redneck style

...]
Dave, thank you for that video link. What a fun group to watch, and to listen to. Funny and good.
__________________

__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #34736
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Great story. And a great new beginning. If your travels through Texas takes you anywhere near Galveston, we are only 14 miles from there. Houston is only 40. Be happy to meet up with you on your trek. Just Holler. And, (should not start a sentence with "and.") if you have not heard my theme song, it is just a request away on the group email.



Dave, thank you for that video link. What a fun group to watch, and to listen to. Funny and good.
I hate to agree with Wayne - but X2 on both...
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #34737
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,333
Oh boy, and in writing!

Ya'll don't know how many times he has said that to me in person.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #34738
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGM View Post
Barb, I`m glad you are going to get a dose of OKC--PERHAPS we could have a visit as I am in town for awhile.
Hey Warren!

I wish you could join us at Catherine's Landing. OKC is my next stop after CL. I wil PM you my phone number and email address. I feel a mini-C coming!
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #34739
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Warren!

I wish you could join us at Catherine's Landing. OKC is my next stop after CL. I wil PMS you my phone number and email address. I feel a mini-C coming!
Please no... anything but that.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #34740
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Please no... anything but that.
Damn autocorrect! But there still is time to fix it.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #34741
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Damn autocorrect! But there still is time to fix it.
Lol...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #34742
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop-sicle View Post
Ok as requested, thanks to all for the welcome, we might have joined a group we can't keep up with a lot post wow.
A little about us, believing we want to see the rainbows and Journey to our destinations we purchased a well kept 2000 Coachmen Mirada 34 MBS back in Nov. 14 knowing retirement was on the horizon.
Well yesterday the horizon became the rainbow, CP Joyce and I Jerry both retired from the Univ. of Fla. same day same time, drove the MH to work and walked out to start our journey.
How many get to say that.
So here we sit the next day in Walmart lot our first, and will proceed to Savannah in a few hours, this is our first official trip just did two days at local camp with some friends who also own.

Our big trip is already planned and reservations made for Hot air balloon fiesta in NM. followed by a couple days at trailer village Grand Canyon, will visit relatives in Texas on way out.

Again Thanks when learn more will try to create signature. Jerry and CP Joyce RVM 109
Wow, you guys did it up right! Congrats on the new wheels and on your retirement!! My hubby retired April 1 so he is still grinning. Fun times ahead.
__________________
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #34743
Senior Member
 
jnebowman's Avatar
 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas Upper Gulf Coast
Posts: 195
Wow. I hit the snooze button and another 125 posts went by. Thanks Tim, Sue, Marty, Wayne, Steve, Dogpatch, and Geocatcher bringing me into the 21st century.

Dave is working on the big purple thing. He said it won't start and needs a new "Fuel Shutup Solenoid". So far I've gotten prices ranging from $27 to $822. Of course they don't make it anymore and no one has one.

Any suggestions?
__________________
Jne (RMV73)
with Tervs: Rex & Ranger in the
Flyin' Purple People Eagle
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #34744
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Damn autocorrect! But there still is time to fix it.
No there is not. It is already quoted and you can't fix quotes.

To bad, BUT ROFLMAO
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #34745
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Wow. I hit the snooze button and another 125 posts went by. Thanks Tim, Sue, Marty, Wayne, Steve, Dogpatch, and Geocatcher bringing me into the 21st century.

Dave is working on the big purple thing. He said it won't start and needs a new "Fuel Shutup Solenoid". So far I've gotten prices ranging from $27 to $822. Of course they don't make it anymore and no one has one.

Any suggestions?
I don't know, but my hubby would probably want one of those "shutup solenoids" installed on the co-pilot.
__________________
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #34746
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
No there is not. It is already quoted and you can't fix quotes.

To bad, BUT ROFLMAO
Hmmmm. I sense insincerity in this response.
__________________
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #34747
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Wow. I hit the snooze button and another 125 posts went by. Thanks Tim, Sue, Marty, Wayne, Steve, Dogpatch, and Geocatcher bringing me into the 21st century.

Dave is working on the big purple thing. He said it won't start and needs a new "Fuel Shutup Solenoid". So far I've gotten prices ranging from $27 to $822. Of course they don't make it anymore and no one has one.

Any suggestions?
Wish I had an answer but I'm lost under the hood of The Discovery. Knowing how this can be heart breaking problem I'll refraim from making a joke even though that will be hard for me!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #34748
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
GC attendees, does anyone have a Dutch oven and lid? Was planning on cooking 3 cobblers for a campfire desert one night but since Herb will not be coming I'm one oven short!

Let me know if you can bring one please!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (2 members and 7 guests)
flaggship1, PTJeep
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.