Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #3473

Full moon occurs on September 9, 2014 at 3:38 am. That's the day after the iRV2 National Rally starts. It could be the occasion for an Event!

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #3474

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
GF thinks rinds are disgusting. Oh well... more for me.
I see a premeditated plot here. Describe the product and the process in vivid detail. GF says "YUCK", no sharing required. Very mutant.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #3475

Years past in my Navy days, I would take a few bags of pork rinds on patrol with as a special treat. On a particularly arduous one I was walking down the passageway (officers country) while munching on some. The Captain had had a rough time, not sleeping 3-4 hours a day for many days. He stepped out of his cabin and just froze, staring at my mutated bacon. I gave him the last three, and he walked off without a word. Later he came by my watch station and tapped me on the shoulder and said "thanks those we're truly medicinal". See MEDICINAL. Bacon is medicinal in all its forms. Just saying.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #3476

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

It's Sept. 14 thru 20, 2014 IRV2 National Rally. Like I said, good place for a curiosity to break out.
Let me get my synapses organized.
Is this at Myrtle Beach?
That could be in the "highly probable" section. Possibly a definite maybe. :-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #3477

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Got CG correct, must ride train ups Pikes Peek, don't worry about the altitude, they have fresh Donuts and coffee at top. Just hope engineer knows when to stop.
Oh, my my! Gorgeous!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #3478

beach sounds nice

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #3479

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

Steve, if you are in Hill Country, check out Dripping Springs for a great bakery. It's called Enough Thyme and Dough. We went there 2 years in a row, but have missed recently. You have to get there fairly early or most things sell out, but they serve lunches and coffee most of the day.

My favorite coffee mug (since broken) came from there. <very sad!> I have to go back!

As for the actual springs? I think they now run under the sidewalk, but some local may be able to give you an accurate story on that.

Let us know if you get there in your ramblings, willya?

Cheers!
Have added it to the list and will let ya know. As I recall it's closer to Austin than we will be but not necessarily out of our day trip range. Annie has the planning situation under control - which is where do we not hurry to next!

It's a little early in the season for color but Kerrville is about 50 miles (as I recall) from a small park called Lost Maples. Texas, not being a know for maple tress, is proud of this unique stand. Going to visit and see them for the first time. It's not a RV park but there are some spaces - probably small - but we are going to hopefully see for ourselves. I say hopefully because we are staying in two pretty nice places and it may be hard to stop cooking bacon and get out of my chair. This is vacation after all.

Thanks for the tip! The hunt for BBQ begins soon.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #3480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Years past in my Navy days, I would take a few bags of pork rinds on patrol with as a special treat. On a particularly arduous one I was walking down the passageway (officers country) while munching on some. The Captain had had a rough time, not sleeping 3-4 hours a day for many days. He stepped out of his cabin and just froze, staring at my mutated bacon. I gave him the last three, and he walked off without a word. Later he came by my watch station and tapped me on the shoulder and said "thanks those we're truly medicinal". See MEDICINAL. Bacon is medicinal in all its forms. Just saying.
A Mutant Captain! Cool!

For me, bacon (or any reasonable facimile thereof) is purely for health reasons.

I also have a bridge for sale.
Brooklyn.
Cheap.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #3481

I've been looking for a bridge, but sadly already bought sea side lot in AZ, and beach house on the moon/;-(
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #3482

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I second the notion! If we concentrate reeeeally hard (Ommmmm), we should be able to pull together a great Curiosity on the Beach.

Wonder if there will be a full moon that week. Mutant minds need to know.

I ponder as I wander....

Cheers!
Ommmmmmm, Ommmmmmm, Ommmmmm, 50 mutants in one place, oh my!

Early curiosity sounds good too. Ommmmmm
Old 09-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #3483

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OMG I am so ready for a grand mutant curiosity! April- May timeframe could work for us! Anybody else?

Old 09-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #3484

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
OMG I am so ready for a grand mutant curiosity! April- May timeframe could work for us! Anybody else?

Howdy Herb! Have to say that for us, April / May in Bryce is almost as unforeseeable as Sept in Myrtle Beach. With a job for certain in April and May and possibly as late as November next year - it's just hard to say. Ready yes! Can we - uh maybe.

As I've said before - it's hard living in the DFW area and being so centrally located and all. My house to Bryce = 1,191 miles
Myrtle Beach = 1,159 miles

Even in my 500 miles a day youth, that would require a 2 week vacation to make the journey enjoyable. Anything less than 2 weeks and I might just have to phone my retirement in ahead of plan. I like to have my "there time" to roughly equal twice my 1 way drive time if possible. 4 drive days -- 8 there days -- 4 days return. That's pushing it for me. I like the meander. Drive 2 off 2 or 3 drive stay 2 or 3 - etc. Call me old and set in my ways, but theres too much to see along the way to just drive right by it. Can't wait to have vacation time be a thing of the past!! I'm penciling them in, but lightly.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #3485

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok Steve,

How's about you come up with a Curiosity site near DFW (Lake Texoma?) for next Spring and we'll bring the party to you? Bryce just seemed a little more centrally located than the SE coast, but I am more into the get together than the venue. And I didn't want to wait until 12 months went by. All I ask is that we don't wait until the daytime temps get too hot to play outdoors.

In late April we should only have tornados as a possible wrinkle, but those us who lived in Tornado Alley most of our lives know how and where to go if one decides to join us.

And, I can head to Bryce after the Curiosity on my way to Seattle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #3486

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ok Steve,

How's about you come up with a Curiosity site near DFW (Lake Texoma?) for next Spring and we'll bring the party to you? Bryce just seemed a little more centrally located than the SE coast, but I am more into the get together than the venue. And I didn't want to wait until 12 months went by. All I ask is that we don't wait until the daytime temps get too hot to play outdoors.

In late April we should only have tornados as a possible wrinkle, but those us who lived in Tornado Alley most of our lives know how and where to go if one decides to join us.

And, I can head to Bryce after the Curiosity on my way to Seattle.
Ouchita Lake State Park near Hot Springs, Ar is a very nice place. We hosted there some this year and waiting on schedule for this year. It's my suggestion for a early curiosity, still plan on making Myrtle Beach next Sept. for those that might can make it, I'll post campsite # when confirmed. They might need to keep the mutants spread out! Steve, you'll feel at home at or state park, our second language is Texan!