Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #34945

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Love to be there, but if'n I don't finish the projects on this house might be the same as you waitin' on those loggers. And I'll never get that RAINBOW rider.

Y'all have a great time, safe travels to CL and remember....photos or it didn't happen!!
Found a logger true to his word!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #34946

iRV2 No Limits Club
HA, when I was a kid the rocks were still soft. My dad had a 1941 or 42 four door chevy, well there were only two kids and were YOUNG,
So we had two big old blankets, feather beds I think and a blue with white spots coffee pot that must have held a gallon, an iron skillet and some sort of tin box that held the food and a canvas bag that held ice for a little while ( at least until the Pearl pop with foam on top ran out ). There was a minnow bucket with minnows, a minnow dip net for the river and a big net for across the river. I never did figure out why the minnows until just recently, might have been for the ranger so when you had to throw the net down in the river---HA
Dad and my grandpaw also did noodling which got some big, soft catfish meat to go with the fried potato and pinto bean and I think the two kids had ice tea. Whoo what a hoot

WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #34947

Fleetwood Owners Club
Warren it sounds like many of our trips. We camped with another family often that the dad was always making his famous ash potatoes! Cooking over a campfire using big cast iron skillet he would cook slow fry potatoes and onions. Being a cigar smoker often times the ashes would build up till some would fall into the skillet while he would be stirring the potatoes. Like a good cook he would just stir them in going unnoticed so he thought!

Canvas tents that leaked if you touched the inside walls during a rain! Been there done that!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #34948
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Canvas tents that leaked if you touched the inside walls during a rain! Been there done that!
Used to camp in a pop-up trailer. One time it was raining cats & dogs and my wife (girlfriend at the time) reached up to touch a droplet forming on the canvas. Before I could say "DON'T TOUCH IT" we had a leak that pestered us through the whole weekend. Still kept her around though.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #34949
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Mel, three words for the opening of the kimono: Eyes Wide Shut!

We've been warned. Thank you so much, Wayne. I'll turn my chair backwards.

Quoting both of you, but Steve, remind me to tell you about the bribe the seller gav....er...offered me to be sure they bought it.

Right. Pay no attention to the Wayne-ster. He's suffering heat stroke or delusional disorder or caught some kind of mutant virus. Earlene will straighten him out in short order. Hee hee hee.

Off to the Vet for my annual shots......

Hmmmmm. That explains a few things, Wayne. Does Earlene know you're seeing the Vet? She must be really good-looking. Just be sure and get those shots in the ARM, buddy.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #34950
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I defenitly need it if it will fix snoring. See Annie for details....
Annie! Oh. Annnnieeeee ....!

Wait ... Never mind.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #34951
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Mel, three words for the opening of the kimono: Eyes Wide Shut!

We've been warned. Thank you so much, Wayne. I'll turn my chair backwards.

Quoting both of you, but Steve, remind me to tell you about the bribe the seller gav....er...offered me to be sure they bought it.

Right. Pay no attention to the Wayne-ster. He's suffering heat stroke or delusional disorder or caught some kind of mutant virus. Earlene will straighten him out in short order. Hee hee hee.

Hmmmmm. That explains a few things, Wayne. Does Earlene know you're seeing the Vet? She must be really good-looking. Just be sure and get those shots in the ARM, buddy.

Lol..... Vet is also his fishing buddy......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #34952
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm finally getting that "yay, we're going on a trip!" feeling. Hub's taking the Bounder to get an oil change and lube tomorrow and then bringing her home so we can start packing.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:39 PM   #34953
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Yay, I've been working on Harvey for the last 10 days getting him ready for the 2,400 mile trip. Leaving Sunday morning.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:00 PM   #34954
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'm finally getting that "yay, we're going on a trip!" feeling. Hub's taking the Bounder to get an oil change and lube tomorrow and then bringing her home so we can start packing.

Yes... Us too...... Bringing ours over on friday..... Yippee..... Mutantism.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #34955
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]

Totally out of context, totally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
When do you leave? Tomorrow to start packing! What are you doing, taking the house contents?

We leave Monday, stopping in Carthage, TX. Join up with us for the Texas Ride-in.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #34956
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Murder at Rope Light Gulch. Page 104....
Several RVMs were sitting around the morning campfire watching the dew evaporate from the big Gulch rock fire ring. The usual morning ponders, laughter and coffee sipping was just getting underway. A thin wisp of mesquite smoked rose gently above our heads and lingered briefly with the hickory vapor rising from the sizzeling bacon on a couple of Coleman stoves. Mutant mugs were still full of the requisite morning beverages. Strong coffee for the most part and the imported English tea the Cromwells always sip.

This was a Mutant morning ritual and we were all looking forward to the first crunchy bite of smokey, salted goodness when Barbarella rushed up with arms flailing. She was obviously distressed about something. "Has anyone seen Lena? She was just here. I turned my back for a Mutant minute and the little dickens was gone."

A hush came over all of the folks, and they all rose up to begin a search for their beloved RVM Mascot....
What could have drawn her away?
There was a dim light flickering down a long, narrow wash....

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #34957

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Murder at Rope Light Gulch. Page 104....
Several RVMs were sitting around the morning campfire watching the dew evaporate from the gulch rock fire ring. The usual morning ponders, laughter and coffee sipping was just getting underway. A thin wisp of mesquite smoked rose gentely above our heads and lingered briefly with the hickory vapor rising from the sizzeling bacon on a couple of Coleman stoves. Mutant mugs were still full of the requisite morning beverages. Strong coffee for the most part and the imported English tea the Cromwells always sip.

This was a Mutant morning ritual and we were all looking forward to the first cruchy bite of smokey, salted goodness when Barbarella rushed up with arms flailing. She was obviously distressed about something. "Has anyone seen Sena? She was just here. I turned my back for a mutant minute and the little dickens was gone."

A hush came over all of the folks, and they all rose up to begin a search for their beloved RVM Mascot....
What could have drawn her away?
There was a dim light flickering down a long, narrow wash....
Dude... I thought you were going to read this at the Opening of the Kimono... lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #34958
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dude... I thought you were going to read this at the Opening of the Kimono... lol.

Hay, good idea.
RVMs, don't read what I posted.
I justed edited it a bit

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote