Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #35127

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Speaking of mosquitoes, Steve -- I tried Marty's suggestion of taking Vitamin B-1 aka Thiamine to help repel those evil blood suckers and for me IT WORKS!!!!

Now if there was just a pill I could take to keep fire ants from stinging my feet. My poor toes have those nasty blisters all over them. I know that wearing real shoes instead of crocs might help my toes, but then they'do be stinging my ankles.
I get 100% daily recommended amount of Thiamin every morning in Centrum Silver Men... but I suspect it would take more than 1.5 mg to ward off skeeters... how much did ya take...

Fire ants... what they good for. Absolutely nuthin. Say it again. Huh. Ya. Good God Ya'll.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #35128

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop-sicle View Post
Suspinz,

Are you traveling on 19 or in camp on the Suwanee River ? that's just about 50 miles from mine and CP s&b.

Just back from first trip after retirement, Savannah Ga. Skidaway Island.

Passin thru, and I thought it worthy of a mention. Too bad we didn't know! 'Course we had the bit in our teeth and hardly know the word whoa when in that mode.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #35129

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop-sicle View Post
Suspinz,

Are you traveling on 19 or in camp on the Suwanee River ? that's just about 50 miles from mine and CP s&b.

Just back from first trip after retirement, Savannah Ga. Skidaway Island.

Awww.... just passing thru. Too bad we didn't know. If we had been in camp, a mini-curiosity could have been the order of the day.

How was your trip to Savannah and Skidaway? Does retirement fit yet? Are you still in decompression mode? Or is it euphoria?

Waving in retrospect! Cheers!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #35130
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
I almost loaded it upside down, Wayne. But since I have a hatch cover on my yak I decided not to. I thought it might ride smoother if it sliced thru air like it slices thru water. Now don't be jinxing me with talk about Smarty flipping.

We had enough trouble making progress today. I-10 westbound was shut down due to an accident and the LONG backup and detour thru Monticello took over an hour and a half. We had just crossed the Suwanee River before seeing brake lights ahead. I guess Sue and Martin didn't log a bunch of miles today, either.

Ya have to be extremely careful when loading upside down.... It can warp the body.... Ifn it dont set jest right....

Waze is a really cool app.... I am still not used to it though....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #35131

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Passin thru, and I thought it worthy of a mention. Too bad we didn't know! 'Course we had the bit in our teeth and hardly know the word whoa when in that mode.

Quote:
Awww.... just passing thru. Too bad we didn't know.

But to be honest, we had the bit between our teeth and might not know the word whoa when in that mode. It's not really the mutant way, I know.
Sounds familar.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #35132

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
I almost loaded it upside down, Wayne. But since I have a hatch cover on my yak I decided not to. I thought it might ride smoother if it sliced thru air like it slices thru water. Now don't be jinxing me with talk about Smarty flipping.

We had enough trouble making progress today. I-10 westbound was shut down due to an accident and the LONG backup and detour thru Monticello took over an hour and a half. We had just crossed the Suwanee River before seeing brake lights ahead. I guess Sue and Martin didn't log a bunch of miles today, either.

Heya, Barb! We had our share of rolling parking lot, too. Very little actual stopping, though, no detours (how did we miss all that?), and time out for lunch and the weekly conversation with the English daughter. We have wound up on the southern outskirts of Montgomery near I 65.

Will look for your daily post. Will you be at CL early too? This long day means a couple of easier, shorter driving days. Today we walked out to a nearby Popeyes for Cajun-sorta supper, then around the park perimeter to compensate for the all-day sitting.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #35133

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1428803894.082827.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	91182

Sunset over our coach and Jeep was gentle but pretty, and the air was fresh and cool. No biting insects either! Oh what a relief it is!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #35134

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sounds familar.

Yeah, I know. I tried to delete the one I sent before completion, then sorta repeated myself. Duh!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #35135

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yeah, I know. I tried to delete the one I sent before completion, then sorta repeated myself. Duh!
BTDT... lol.
Worse - I just posted the same picture twice - did it yesterday too... doh.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #35136

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Deja Vu all over again.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #35137
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Don't you have an iPhone now? Can't you run the Waze app and avoid these situations easier that way?? Just asking…
I am like a iPhone novice. Never thought about a traffic app. Duh! I'll check the App Store.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #35138
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I get 100% daily recommended amount of Thiamin every morning in Centrum Silver Men... but I suspect it would take more than 1.5 mg to ward off skeeters... how much did ya take...

Fire ants... what they good for. Absolutely nuthin. Say it again. Huh. Ya. Good God Ya'll.
I take 250 mg plus what's in my multivitamin.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #35139
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I fixed the flicker; I unplugged the power to it.
Quote:
Ah, the first rule when trouble shooting electronics -- reboot! It's amazing how often that cures the problem. If only it worked on tired, old bodies half as well.
Barb, let me explain Dennis' thinking. He unplugged it. He did not plug it back in, therefore it is not flickering. What do you expect from a "Northern" farm boy.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:33 PM   #35140

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
We have wound up on the southern outskirts of Montgomery near I 65.

Will look for your daily post. Will you be at CL early too? This long day means a couple of easier, shorter driving days. Today we walked out to a nearby Popeyes for Cajun-sorta supper, then around the park perimeter to compensate for the all-day sitting.
Sue we are at Pratville, AL on I65 just north of Montgomery by 15-20 miles. We will be burning the road up getting home starting right after church tomorrow. Grand son being christened, then we will leave from church. Will yall be travaling 78/I-22 out of Birmingham?

« Endless Tale Game | - »