Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2015, 11:58 PM   #35141
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Trouble in West Texas. Discovered today (the hard way) that the pipe running from the kitchen sink to the main gray water pipe completely separated (like by a mile) at a joint. I have no idea how. I can't just put some compound in it and re-attach it. There's some breakage. I'll post a picture tomorrow .

I'm about in panic mode now, hoping we can find someone to make the fix before Wednesday.

MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 12:13 AM   #35142

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Trouble in West Texas. Discovered today (the hard way) that the pipe running from the kitchen sink to the main gray water pipe completely separated at a joint. I have no idea how.

I'm about in panic mode now, hoping we can find someone to make the fix before Wednesday.
Is this under the sink or in the wet bay? What is the access like??? If not to bad we can fix at CL...

We have landed.... got a VERY late start but wanted to get away from th S&B.
Stopped at a Walmart in Mattoon IL, will visit DD, DGS and DSIL in am.

Thinking of stopping at Lamberts home of the throwed rolls for lunch as we pass thru.

rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:07 AM   #35143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Awww.... just passing thru. Too bad we didn't know. If we had been in camp, a mini-curiosity could have been the order of the day.

How was your trip to Savannah and Skidaway? Does retirement fit yet? Are you still in decompression mode? Or is it euphoria?

Waving in retrospect! Cheers!
Ok happy travels, thought if at camp CP and I would ride the bike over and say howdy.
Savannah was good, really liked Skidaway, Retirement didn't have to set in for us, been ready for a long time... decompression let me see, golf, fishing, riding the bike all on weekdays...I think not.
pop-sicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:14 AM   #35144

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Is this under the sink or in the wet bay? What is the access like??? If not to bad we can fix at CL...

Thinking of stopping at Lamberts home of the throwed rolls for lunch as we pass thru.
Mary said give Lamberts a
Drive safe!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:18 AM   #35145

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue we are at Pratville, AL on I65 just north of Montgomery by 15-20 miles. We will be burning the road up getting home starting right after church tomorrow. Grand son being christened, then we will leave from church. Will yall be travaling 78/I-22 out of Birmingham?

What? Try to follow a road y'all just burned up? You kiddin me? 😳Ummm, not to be un-mutant, but I think not!

No, actually, that looks much shorter than what we had planned. We aren't scheduled in till Monday, so there's no hurry.

Our current plan is to strike out straight west on US 80, picking up I 20. Jackson, Vicksburg, then US 65 toward Pine Bluff. Longer, I know; we may need to rethink. Egads!

Congratulations on that baby's christening. It will be a lovely occasion, I'm sure.

Safe travels! And thanks for the heads up. There will be terrible turbulence on the road behind you!

See you in a mutant day or so.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #35146
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Sue we are at Pratville, AL on I65 just north of Montgomery by 15-20 miles. We will be burning the road up getting home starting right after church tomorrow. Grand son being christened, then we will leave from church. Will yall be travaling 78/I-22 out of Birmingham?

Congrats on the Christening, Gramps. Pics?
A fence awaits.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #35147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
What? Try to follow a road y'all just burned up? You kiddin me? 😳Ummm, not to be un-mutant, but I think not!

No, actually, that looks much shorter than what we had planned. We aren't scheduled in till Monday, so there's no hurry.

Our current plan is to strike out straight west on US 80, picking up I 20. Jackson, Vicksburg, then US 65 toward Pine Bluff. Longer, I know; we may need to rethink. Egads!

Congratulations on that baby's christening. It will be a lovely occasion, I'm sure.

Safe travels! And thanks for the heads up. There will be terrible turbulence on the road behind you!

See you in a mutant day or so.
The trip up through Pine Bluff is good roads and will take you through Di's old teaching ground of Dumas!
Actually avoiding West Memphis and the many potholes is wise! See you at CL!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:57 AM   #35148

Quote:
Trouble in West Texas. Discovered today (the hard way) that the pipe running from the kitchen sink to the main gray water pipe completely separated (like by a mile) at a joint. I have no idea how. I can't just put some compound in it and re-attach it. There's some breakage. I'll post a picture tomorrow .

Just don't use it till cl many people there will help and save you money. RV parts store is down the road from cl about 10 miles. Good people in there too. If you post pic's I'll try to tell you what happened and how to fix it the right way not a patch.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:18 AM   #35149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Just don't use it till cl many people there will help and save you money. RV parts store is down the road from cl about 10 miles. Good people in there too. If you post pic's I'll try to tell you what happened and how to fix it the right way not a patch.

Bless you, Dwayne! You've been a godsend to more than one person.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #35150

Quote:
Mary said give Lamberts a

Drive safe!

I can't catch!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #35151
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Hey Mel! I'm with the guys on waiting til you get to CL to fix your drain issue. There will be lots of willing manpower there to fix your trouble. Can you put a bucket or large pot under it til Ya git thar? Sorry, I slipped into Arkie for a moment. Besides mutants don't panic. Posting pics will help get a plan going before you can make the first 100 miles.

Travel safe! We have a lot of partying to do.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #35152

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Mel,

If the only place that the pipe is broken/separated, can been seen & touched as you described, should be an easy fix. Don't take it to the $120.00+ an hour RV shop for repairs. Once you post a pic, I can better understand the whole situation and I can work on it at CL. I'll bring some tools and stuff to work on it.

Larry
Old 04-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #35153
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I can't catch!
Is there a butterfly net stashed away in Bella Rigatoni? That or something similar could improve your odds of snagging a roll flying towards you. If nothing else it could have great comedic value. Maybe Martin can shoot some video?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #35154

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post

You'll be a great help, if they can hold out till CL. Fellow mutants rally 'round!

For those who don't know, Ed & Jackie stopped by our S&B after Martin broke his wrist last spring. Ed fixed part of the slide topper that we couldn't do at the time. Above & beyond the call of duty and much appreciated!

Getcher catcher's mitt ready fer them throwed rolls, Ed. Them boys is pretty good.