Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #35239

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb... Ommms... Ommmmsss.
Gonna miss you too brother.

Still have your BIL on the Ommmms list.

Hang in there and we will get pics and something out there for you to see... lol.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #35240

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dang Herb....... If you have to have a clot, at least that was better choice.... Larry said he is still one up, 15 years ago stripped veins from BOTH legs for bypass.... And he takes 4 insulin shots each day in stomach.... But yes, he does really nice work....
Ohmms....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Di the hard thing for me is that I have been really blessed with good health. Never had an IV till I was 64 when I had hernia surgery. Never had broken bones or stitches or anything more than a headache. So this was quite a surprise to me. Now I'm not complaining at all. I realize how fortunate I've been but it was just a shocker to me cause I thought I was invincible.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Old 04-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #35241
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Di the hard thing for me is that I have been really blessed with good health. Never had an IV till I was 64 when I had hernia surgery. Never had broken bones or stitches or anything more than a headache. So this was quite a surprise to me. Now I'm not complaining at all. I realize how fortunate I've been but it was just a shocker to me cause I thought I was invincible.

Yep.... But it is ok to complain, not that you are... Smile... But it is ok.... Hugs...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #35242

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
You all be safe out there and keep postin pics so usins can keep up with youins.
Blood clot are no fun and really painful. Will keep you in our thoughts. Glad you're doing better.

I love seeing the expressions "usins" and "youins"on the forums. My mom use to use those expressions and I had never heard anyone else use them. Both my parents were Oakies from different parts of the state but my dad never used those terms.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #35243
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Mel...no worries... rainbows and water...can't have one without the other...the fellas will get ya fixed up soon after you get there. wish I could be there to watch... I love learning stuff like that.
Me, too, Marty. Kate will tell you that I've always been a little handy, could often figure out how to fix something. (Replaced the fascia boards on the eaves of our home in Tyler. Also, put in a new subfloor in the laundry closet in that same house, and redid the the pantry (new floor and walls). I've hung a hundred (it seems) ceiling fans and put in several light fixtures. But, I'm done with so much of that now, thanks to Mr. Arthur Itis. Dang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Marty, we love learning stuff like that also, that's why we offer to fix it. That way, we learn by our own mistakes, so when we need to do work on our rigs, we know what NOT TO DO!!!!!!!!

[just kidding Mel]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #35244
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Mel, if that pipe won't budge, get a bigger hammer. OK, maybe not. I have no doubt that between all the offered help, your entire coach might be completely re plumbed by Friday. It looks to me as if a previous owner used some ethnic engineering on it some years back.

At last year's GC my refrigerator died my first day there. I ordered a new cooling unit, had it shipped to CL and Dwayne and Jeff installed it for me. Papaw Steve's rear cap was coming off and I had some Eternabond that Dewayne used to get it secure enough to get him home. That's just the mutant way things work for RVMs.

I hope you're ready for sore ribs! It comes from laughing nonstop. Last year's GC was magic. It was like spending a week with my 45 best friends. It felt as if I'd known them all since childhood when in reality that was the first time I'd laid eyes on them.
Can hardly wait, Barb, to meet everyone in person.

And the outpouring of offers to help and fix our plumbing mess .... well, it's just amazing. I read a few posts to Kate once in a while, but today, I've read a bunch to her. She said, "This group is like a big family, isn't it?!" Indeed, it is. Indeed it is.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #35245

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
She's a beauty - and the toad too!
Thanks Steve. I love the new toad - our trip to WY will be a test for the toad that is for sure. Its duel fuel; gas and electric. We will be plugging it into the RV so it can charge.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:36 PM   #35246

MPH - Thoughts on plumbing problems...

Kitchen Sink Drain: It appears that your slide is not extended - Would explain the stiffness of the flexible pipe - You can see where it originally rubbed against the back of the drawer framing (above Darker Spots on the light colored wood) - The white pipe / black elbow where the separation occurred should be in a more horizontal position - Explains the 'twist' in the undersink trap - As said before, the crew @ CL should be capable enough to perform all necessary repairs (With adequate refreshments....!!!!)
-- I do recommend to have them provide additional support to the white pipe / black elbow if possible....

Toilet Sprayer: If you can't manage to seal off / replace the broken sprayer, you may be able to turn off the water supply to the toilet via a valve in the Wet Bay - That way you may still be able to use water for the shower and sinks while traveling to the Festivities - Toilet flushing can be done using a gallon milk jug

Sorry I won't be at CL to meet you both - DD is a senior in High School this year which means I may be able to sneak away from w%&k next year for the 3rd Edition!!!!

Until next time....

Always Lurking!!!!
Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #35247
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Mel, last item, I promise! doing some research, your leak under the sink and pipe joints pulling apart is very common. Many different reasons given, but the fix solutions are all the same:
Weak seals,
Improper sealant/cement used for the joints,
And so on & on.

I was wrong about the different types of pipes shown in your pics. The RV manufacturers all did/do it that way, using different types.

Anyway, the fix shouldn't be too hard, other then getting in there & reaching the joints. If it gets too cramped, we'll just Tim's chainsaw & cut a hole in the side of the RV.

BTW, do you have a pic of the hose for the toilet wash?
I do, Larry. Will put it up tomorrow sometime. I took pics of it and the sprayer, but forgot to post them. I'm so tired right now, I'll be lucky to drag myself from this lounge chair to the bed. The arthritis is really kickin' my butt these last couple of days. I see my doc on Wednesday morning, so will ask if he might want to try me on a different medication. (Currently on Meloxicam, which has been great. But maybe I've built up a tolerance to it. Maybe he'll try me on Lyrica or something else.)

Looking forward to meeting you and Di!

Mel (and Kate)
Old 04-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #35248
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Sounds like it's time to send in the Mascot!!!!!!
Sena's boyfriend?!!!
Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #35249
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Evenin Muteys!

Sorry for my absence from at least checking in but it's been a rough week around this part of the rainbow. After we left GD's ball tourney two weeks ago my left leg started hurting so bad I could'nt hardly walk on it. I didn't know what to think since I had not twisted or hit it on anything. After three days of throbbing pain I went to see my doc who immediately sent me over for a Doppler scan. Wouldn't ya know it....a dang bloodclot in my leg of apparently sizable portion. Fortunately it was sub cutaneous rather than deep vein which means it has very little danger of getting to my heart or lungs. It was however pretty painful because it ran on the inside of my leg from the groin to the ankle and was quite swollen. I've been on two shots per day in my stomach and now on blood thinners and the pressure has lessened greatly to the point I can walk on it again without a limp. I've got to get up and movin so my partner can keep his date to have a jumper cable put on his heart next week.

I will really miss seeing all of you at the Redux this year. I know your going to have a great time and I sure wish we could be with you. Mel tough it out till ya get Bow to CL and the guys will fix her right up for ya. Ifin I were there I would be right in the middle of that but trust Larry, he can get ya fixed right up. Just ask Di to show you what he did to the inside of their rainbow rider....he does great work! Wayne does Citrus have pontoon floats under her belly? Judging from those pics you may have to float her out! Hope you got the jack problem resolved.

You all be safe out there and keep postin pics so usins can keep up with youins.

Herb, we're sending healing ohmmmmms your way, as is everyone in your mutant family. Darn, we will sure miss meeting and getting acquainted with you and Barb. But, you're doing the right thing by taking care of yourself. You know these Mutants would have you doing a one-legged race blindfolded in the middle of a lightning storm with flippers on your feet...foot.

Mel
Old 04-12-2015, 11:06 PM   #35250

Almost missed this shot! It was brighter, but I had to dash back to get Martin's iPhone. (Mine's full again.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1428897833.826315.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	91332
Old 04-13-2015, 06:15 AM   #35251

Ok that is an easy fix if someone is willing to do it and I'm sure there is. That is not stock piping parts at home Depot so even cheaper. If someone says yes just go to cg and they can call me and I'll walk them or you through it. It will cost about 10 buck to fix. In parts. Don't worry just head out they will help.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:17 AM   #35252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Dwayne, believe it or not nobody on Vancouver Island has the Tee you told me about. I called my step son (plumber) and he says he has one of the original Tees that is in Gracie and will be here to fix it ASAP. Strange thing is I forgot I have a plumber in the family.
Thanks for the advice.
Lol

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bananas | - »