Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #35267
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
I see naps in our future....
Amen to that, brother!

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #35268

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I think Mel and Kate would like it fixed a little sooner
Easy Carl, if this wandering band of misfit mutant mechanics finish up too soon they may start looking over possible improvements on other's coaches!

I'll be on hand incase OSHA requires a fence be put up around the project!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:42 AM   #35269
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Easy Carl, if this wandering band of misfit mutant mechanics finish up too soon they may start looking over possible improvements on other's coaches!

There might be some water so a silt fence?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #35270

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Herbie glad the pain has subsided and prognosis is positive. We'll miss having you join the management team on the Mel & Kate project! I can see the board conviene in their plush lawn chairs as the demolishtion team begins their work. It will be important to have plenty of constructive critical advice on a job like this. Depending on the flow of Pena Colatas and smoothies this job could streach out all week.

On a more somber note, Herb did the doctor use that dreaded w word! As in you really should lose some wei___! That usually goes with any leg problems, don't ask how I know.

Timster as a matter of fact I did get the "w" lecture from doc but he is a marathon runner and 160 lbs dripping wet! But my wifey has decided we are both going on strict diets. I hate when she starts planning and insists I join in. She claims from now on if it isn't high protein low carb or green in color, there won't be anything else on my plate! Yikes does that mean I'm gonna live like a rabbit?

Barb you guessed it, my Barb started in on me from day one and it took me three days to listen. I'm slow like that. Then I got the "I told ya so" lecture. Geesh is that a woman empowering thingy or what?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #35271
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well there ya have it. It's raining fish here in Mount Pleasant. I got the slinky drained and the vales shut and then the bottom fell out of the sky. I thought I'd make it but nope... so we are squaring away inside and waiting for a break in the action..
Ugh, like Wayne said...it's raining and messy here, too. We managed to put off getting the Bounder from storage until today so we haven't even begun to pack. Fun times in rainy weather!!

It looks like the GC will be soggy all week, too. Drive safely, everyone.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #35272

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yikes, God promised he wouldn't flood the earth again but from where I'm sittin I'm gettin a little worried.

Wayne drive safe brother cause you will be worn out by the time you get up here...... And doesn't look like your gonna catch much of a break in the rain. We are flooding all over Ft Worth and power has been out for awhile.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #35273
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Ugh, like Wayne said...it's raining and messy here, too. We managed to put off getting the Bounder from storage until today so we haven't even begun to pack. Fun times in rainy weather!!

It looks like the GC will be soggy all week, too. Drive safely, everyone.

The forecast for CL changes every few minutes! A crap shoot.
But warm hearts, tools warmed by the hands, and maybe a bit of fire water and shenanigans, will keep our spirits lively, to say nothing of the power of dry humor.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:11 AM   #35274

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Now why did it take you 3 days of throbbing pain before you went to see about it? I bet Barb was telling you to go, but you wouldn't listen. Pain is your body telling you something is wrong. I knew it was a blood clot before you finished saying it. Next time don't wait, PLEASE! Like vintage cars our vintage bodies need a bit more tinkering now. We want you hail and hearty for a long, long time, brother.
Barb, it's a man thing!
Quote:
Herbie glad the pain has subsided and prognosis is positive. We'll miss having you join the management team on the Mel & Kate project! I can see the board conviene in their plush lawn chairs as the demolishtion team begins their work. It will be important to have plenty of constructive critical advice on a job like this. Depending on the flow of Pena Colatas and smoothies this job could streach out all week.
Now there's where I could of helped if we could get there. I know a whole lot of nothin about damn near everything so i could have chaired that board. Now either #1 or #2 will have to fill in.

Quote:

Slow and steady wins the race er pina coladas etc.

Tim every time you get going about fencing I keep conjuring up Don Quixote type images in my alleged mind. Do you own a donkey (no you can't claim ownership to Wayne) or some such likely animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The forecast for CL changes every few minutes! A crap shoot.
But warm hearts, tools warmed by the hands, and maybe a bit of fire water and shenanigans, will keep our spirits lively, to say nothing of the power of dry humor.
Party on and know we will be here living the CGRedux vicariously through you pictures and posts.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #35275

Quote:
Paperwork filed, only one restriction! Like before you enter the public pool you are to shower so I arranged rain all this week! No problem we hav pavillion!

Yeah, rain...okay, Barb and I have boats. Uphill? No problem!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:15 AM   #35276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Herb, so very sorry to hear about the clots. In the meantime drink more smoothies to keep the thinning process going.

Miss yous bubba.

Larry is just a plain ol' piece of..... ART.

=======================

Texas City made the news last evening. We had 3 inches of rain per hour. The streets can fill up pretty fast. We had to drive home from the restaurant in curb deep water. Glad the TOAD has 22 inch tires.

The city has several Archimedes principle pumps around the city and typically they will keep the streets dried. There are a few factors involved and one is being able to close the flood gate to Moses Lake where the water is pumped into. If the high tide is in (Moses is brackish) the water cannot be pumped in unless the tide is out and the gate closed. Once that happens, poof, water gone from streets. My son and DIL are staying while we are gone. Son went to bed with water still up to curb and 10 minutes later DIL got him up to show him all the water was gone. They had never seen that happen in the neighborhood before.

We are expecting 50% chance today with Houston having 80% and we have to drive through Houston.

If'n the creek don't rise, we'll be heading out today.

See ya'll soon.

Wanna borrow a paddle?
Old 04-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #35277

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Timster as a matter of fact I did get the "w" lecture from doc but he is a marathon runner and 160 lbs dripping wet! But my wifey has decided we are both going on strict diets. I hate when she starts planning and insists I join in. She claims from now on if it isn't high protein low carb or green in color, there won't be anything else on my plate! Yikes does that mean I'm gonna live like a rabbit?

Barb you guessed it, my Barb started in on me from day one and it took me three days to listen. I'm slow like that. Then I got the "I told ya so" lecture. Geesh is that a woman empowering thingy or what?

Have you seen the billboards saying a certain number of men will die this year from ... wait for it! ... Stubbornness.

True dat! Some of them have a PS: "No we won't!"

Gonna miss ya at GC, but really glad you skipped the Big Problem. Now get on with that green, low-carb stuff Barb's puttin on yer plate. (Me too, only I'm the one who has to put it there.)
Old 04-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #35278

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Now Sue, men aren't stubborn. Sometime we just have to figger on it a bit afore we take action.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #35279

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Herb,
Sorry about you pain & blood clog, at least you caught it before it moved around. I wouldn't want to sit down & compare scars!

Such a shame that you won't be at CL...I was ready to redo your floors. Oh well, it will now give me time to help Mel.

Saw this picture and thought about you & your new diet
Old 04-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #35280
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Now Sue, men aren't stubborn. Sometime we just have to figger on it a bit afore we take action.

Herb--take care of yourself; we'll miss you and Barb at CL!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote