Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #3543

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
How many mutants plan to wait out the winter months in Florida? Would a gathering be possible somewhere in central Florida? Maybe a kayak and /or biking sort of adventure? We are heading out soon to wander around the Midwest then drop down to Arkansas for a while at our favorite Corps park. After that Florida is in the plan. The wheels will be rolling next week!
ME!!!! Lithia, FL (35 miles SE of Tampa) starting Nov 1 until it's time to head to Arkansas for the Spring Curiosity. But I'm also planning to have knee surgery -- not yet scheduled.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #3544

Steve (RVM2) ... That newsletter is a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting a high quality, and enjoyable read. Many newsletters are sleep inducers. This one is certainly not. Good job!

Add to the list of Mutant activities: kite flying, biking, and metal detecting. A toy box is never too full, eh? I have a goofy hat specifically for each activity too. One must look the part to be accepted by fellow players.

We are looking forward to crossing paths with other RVMs. The newsletter will help with that.

M
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #3545

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ thanks Moonrover - I wish I could get it out to all mutants but have yet to get on my laptop where the file actually resides and explore iRV2 up loading of PDF files. I so have it in my email inbox and can forward from there, but it's not ideal. I don't think there is anything in the News that can't be shared here - I did not give away any mutant secrets in their entirety. Will take a look when I get a minute.

Thanks again and thanks to all mutants for making the RVMdom and our RVM ways something to be proud of!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #3546

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh My Goodness, RVM#2!
I am really impressed with the newsletter!
It so reminds me of the little gardening magazine I get that is about gardening but is not a "how to"... it's called the Weeder's digest, and is about the lessons we learn from gardening, or life lessons surrounding gardening...etc. It may mention troubles but it's not a 'how to' as there are plenty of those out there...
Your little Mutant newsletter could really go places! You are a great writer! All the ponderings, all the 'I learned about RVing from that' type stories, all the relevant info the little mutant tribe might need to know about wanderings, ponderings, and more can go in there....
Oh, I do hope it contines! I could hardly do the stuff I was suppsosed to be doing until I finished it! Oh, wait... that could get problematic... naw... I'll deal with it.
Ok... looks like a whole bunch of pages sprouted up here overnight... need to go back and play catch up, but just had to come say something first about how wonderful I think your news creation was! Kudos!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #3547

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yeah Steve! Great job on Vol 1, Issue 1! I can't want for the next one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #3548

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Yeah Steve! Great job on Vol 1, Issue 1! I can't want for the next one.
THUMB!
THUMB!
THUMB!

Bravo RVM2, the grand wordsmith!!!!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #3549

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One and all - I thank you but it is you that are inspiring. RVM1 and I were doing what we have been doing the same but differently, at the same but different times and places for years. We were having fun with our love of the outdoors and RVing. Dave was pondering and I was laughing and it turns out so many of us / you were of like mind and ready to pick up and travel along. You have to admit - we are a most excellent curiosity.

Next issue - I'd like to montage our mutants mascots for starters. There are many fur friends and Mort, Rocky, Theodore and Sparky and ???
Pictures and details are needed in my inbox lol.

Thanks again! Journey on and ponder often.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #3550

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh...I was cutting up tomatoes and peppers for spaghetti sauce I'm canning and realized I grew a mutant pepper this year...bell peppers normally have 3 or 4 lobes...this one only 2...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130920_190755.png
Views:	81
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	46486
Old 09-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #3551

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, so the old saying "your never to old to learn" holds true. Living not far from Catherine's Landing I must admit, I've never heard of it before. I assumed everyone was talking about Lake Catherine State Park, which is a popular camp area.

Catherine's Landing looks great on their web site. I called just to see what the possibilities were and here is the scoop. I only asked about the weekends and figured if they were open so would the weekdays. You know some of the children among us still work. Ac k ckck

April 25, 26 Plenty of room
May 2, 3 Plenty of room
May 23, 24, 25 Starting to fill in, its Memorial Day Weekend
May 30, 31 Plenty of room

As a group of 10 units or more we get a 15% discount and use of Pavilion.

They have fire rings.

Full hookups, cable, Wifi State Parks don't have. Plenty of things to do in area if you haven't been here before.

We need Mutants to chime in on their possibilities of attending.
Weekend, week long. I'm already excited!
This one would be a possablility for me if Honey is working then ( she has a hemmoragh we need to find... pink stuff from front... DH says power steering fluid... I'm wondering if it's transmission juices...
Old 09-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #3552

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh...I was cutting up tomatoes and peppers for spaghetti sauce I'm canning and realized I grew a mutant pepper this year...bell peppers normally have 3 or 4 lobes...this one only 2...
Oh my. A quandary!!

3 lobes is male (best for cooking) 4 is female (best fresh/raw; she is sweeter!)

Hmmm. 2 lobes.
(comment withheld)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #3553

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Greetings mutants, one and all. The handful of you who shared an email address should have the first issue (and possibly last) of the RVM News in your inbox.

I did not have time to organize my contacts so the email address reads as it was received. I will work on that. As I said before - the roster is not included, and I will get that out as soon as I can get the spreadsheet completed.

If you have the email ad of a mutant I am missing - please forward the news on to them. I hope you enjoy reading our history and such and reviewing some ponders and looking at some pics (some old and some new).

I enjoyed pulling it together - and hope to get a handle on "the good stuff" soon. I think there will always be some mutations worth documenting in a more brief newsletter - but really want to focus a bit on our roster, way points and such - as well as look into using the list serve / group Barbara set up for us. The link to the group is on the last page of the news. While I'm running the next few days - Barb can approve your access as her time allows. Thanks to Barb for doing that. I think there will be value there. Also - thanks to Suspinz for doing a valuable proof read while mutating in Iowa.

Enjoy - let me know what ya think. And remember - The Journey is the destination.
RVM2
Hey Ho Steve !!!

What an incredible newsletter, well done !!!! I really dont know why it would be the first and last all in one, I know it was hard work, and time consuming both, but you really did pull it off in a very grand mutant fashion.

Those of you mutants that havent received it yet try to get ahold of someone that does and it can be sent to you.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #3554

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oh my. A quandary!!

3 lobes is male (best for cooking) 4 is female (best fresh/raw; she is sweeter!)

Hmmm. 2 lobes.
(comment withheld)
Ha! Ha!
Hmmm....I thought lobes were based on varieties...
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #3555

Vintage RV Owners Club
If ya'll want the newsletter... my email is like my username and my provider of such delights is yahoo. figure the riddle and win yer newsletter but please don't say it out loud here...(or write it out so the spambot spiders don't find it!) You might tell me an email is coming in case it lands in my spam filter.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #3556

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post

Attachment 46486
Oh peppers are the best and go in most things well and easily, but I for one love em fresh out of the fridge and then cleaning them up , slicing them and then with a small sprinkle of salt, I munch them and oh they are so good, or if you are feeling extravagant dipping those fresh morsels in peppered ranch dressing .... Whooooooo Hoooooooo !!!!

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote