Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #35925
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Yo Mutants!

Glad to see a little hail hasn't dampened spirits too much. Good to see many have arrived home safely or at next port of call from the gathering.

Update on our end, had the Beaver in to get the right front leveling Jack replaced. All went fine till they ran the leveling system, came out and found a pool of hydraulic fluid under the back of the coach. Apparently some mice like nibbling on the plastic coating on the lines and we blew two hydraulic hoses. AND of course, they have to remove the muffler to get at where they run AND the muffler isn't going to make it as it's rusted and will need to be replaced.
Thankfully MasterCard loves me cause I'm going to have to chuck a few $$$$ on er'!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #35926
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, Les...what a bummer. Too bad one of those potential buyers didn't bite before you had to make those repairs.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #35927

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sarah I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure the feelings mutual! If you let me know which mutant scared you so bad you had to leave I'll send in the goone squad.

Do hope yall meet up with us in future!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #35928
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sarah I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure the feelings mutual! If you let me know which mutant scared you so bad you had to leave I'll send in the goone squad.

Do hope yall meet up with us in future!
Tim, it was such a pleasure to meet you and Mary, and all the Mutants. Thanks again for all your work to make the GC so much fun. We are still talking about your fried catfish!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #35929

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Yo Mutants!

Glad to see a little hail hasn't dampened spirits too much. Good to see many have arrived home safely or at next port of call from the gathering.

Update on our end, had the Beaver in to get the right front leveling Jack replaced. All went fine till they ran the leveling system, came out and found a pool of hydraulic fluid under the back of the coach. Apparently some mice like nibbling on the plastic coating on the lines and we blew two hydraulic hoses. AND of course, they have to remove the muffler to get at where they run AND the muffler isn't going to make it as it's rusted and will need to be replaced.
Thankfully MasterCard loves me cause I'm going to have to chuck a few $$$$ on er'!

Les if your trying to cheer us up it didn't work!

At least change the story to A Bear or something Clawed and Chewed the hydraulic line on the Beaver! Your the only one that can tell it like that and it be believable!

Sorry for your pain!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #35930
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Say Wayner, find out who their insurance is with! Please!
Progressive. I have Progressive also. First 5 years is full replacement value, then it goes by depreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ya know what the say Wayne. It is what it is. And, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.

So where are you? Thought you were home. It's not a small enough world that the Airstream owner lives on your block.
My correct saying is, "It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it." We made what we could you of it and the rest will just fall i place.

We are at the KOA North Houston in Montgomery, TX. If you can say this place is big, then you better say it it HUGE. Very nice RV park with many "event" rooms that can accommodate any group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Mister Round, they now have paintless repair. No holes. Gizmos that pound it out from the inside.
Well, I hope they can do the paintless, but the rails along the roof would have to be done, most likely, with the headliner pulled out to push the the pock marks out. Hey, whatever they do to fix it is going to have to be fine. The hood will most likely be replaced. There already is a Carfax from the Rockport incident so one more isn't going to hurt that much.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #35931

Hey Mr Tim Christine here! Yes we are in Greenville VA and we will be seeing our fellow mutants can't wait Say hello to Mary for us see you all soon
Old 04-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #35932

Fleetwood Owners Club
Penguin you at home yet?

Hello up there!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #35933

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - can ya imagine the BodFax report they could produce on you and I... we've both been banged up and bondoed, bailing wired and screwed together quite a bit and yet here we are - full fledged mutants thumbing our noses at whatever life throws our way. Ain't nothin' but a thang brother. This too shall pass.

When I think of all the good times we had at 1.2 - it makes the bite a little better. The RGV weather this winter was actually worse because it was so persistent. The good times were hard pressed to offset the yuck factor. Sure no damage but we had more fun at GC1.2 in a week than we did in the valley in 3.5 months. And that's a fact Jack!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 AM   #35934

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguincp View Post
Hey Mr Tim Christine here! Yes we are in Greenville VA and we will be seeing our fellow mutants can't wait Say hello to Mary for us see you all soon
I will and Mary and I are hopeing your having a great time.
Be warned, Dave my act just a little different since you last saw him, he was sporting a Mohawk hairdo at the Luau! Fear not, Nola is still well grounded.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 AM   #35935
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Poland for a while. Was in Korea for a year. I'm thinking she will train others.
That sounds good to me. I'm hoping she stays in safer places. War is not where she needs to be. Poland sounds like a great adventure.

Was she at Ft Riley, KS? I worked in the dental clinics there back in the 1970s.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #35936

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When I think of all the good times we had at 1.2 - it makes the bite a little better. The RGV weather this winter was actually worse because it was so persistent. The good times were hard pressed to offset the yuck factor. Sure no damage but we had more fun at GC1.2 in a week than we did in the valley in 3.5 months. And that's a fact Jack!
Wait till we get to Bryce, cowboy!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #35937

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I will and Mary and I are hopeing your having a great time.
Be warned, Dave my act just a little different since you last saw him, he was sporting a Mohawk hairdo at the Luau! Fear not, Nola is still well grounded.
Ahem... a little different... lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430056885444.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	92593  
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #35938

We are warned!