Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #36079
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Went to the pet shop we normally deal at and took in their anniversary party. While there this wild looking creature with a hairdo and colour somewhat like #1's decided he liked me.

That bird's got good taste I tell you; exceptionally good taste.
And when he nibbles your ear he'll be sayin' "tastes good too!" .

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #36080
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Did anyone else think the rates at CL were high? We were there only 3 nights and our bill was $146. Add to that the $30 deposit I'd made and those 3 nights were almost $59 per night. Not that the Mutants weren't worth it ... ;-)

Maybe that's the norm for private parks. If it is, then I better plan on w__king a few more years! Lol! (We've always stayed at state parks. We're newbies to private campgrounds/parks)

Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #36081
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hey, Carl. so glad your bike was protected from the hail! It would probably be a lot more to replace it than the awning! Hope you and Mac are both doing well.
Thanks Mel, the car, not such a concern of mine over the last few I've purchased. Bike, now that's another thing, lots of great memories of rides on that, hate to see it get banged up for no reason!

All toll, the RV cost me around $600 in parts and a little bit of my time. No big deal and didn't even hit my deductible. Going to get an estimate on the car in a bit, I'm suspecting it'll be up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm with you on the GC timing, Carl. It works best for me when I'm on the move from Winter to Summer or vice versa. May is way too late for me to stay in warmer climes. Of course, I drove thru snow to get to GC1, but that was my error in routing and I stayed the winter at my summer venue.

I'm hoping we can get a HUGE contingency of mutants together some day soon. We're likely to solve all the world's problems and realign the planets if we do. Mutants can be VERY powerful in mass.
I can't even fathom the level of partying that would occur with even MORE mutants getting together. Wow!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #36082
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Did anyone else think the rates at CL were high? We were there only 3 nights and our bill was $146. Add to that the $30 deposit I'd made and those 3 nights were almost $59 per night. Not that the Mutants weren't worth it ... ;-)

Maybe that's the norm for private parks. If it is, then I better plan on w__king a few more years! Lol!
Mine was about $300 for 7 nights. Around $40 a night (taxes were really high there so that really added to the daily cost). When I asked about the mutant discount I was told there isn't really a discount because I was already getting the weekly discount which was better than any mutant discount (huh???) So at that level, I don't think there was much of a deal going on since they really basically only gave me their standard weekly discount.

There's talk about the Cloud 9 location and whether that'd be cheaper/better I have no clue, but CL wasn't really providing any incentive IMHO to be loyal return campers…
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #36083

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Howdy Muteys!

Long time no speak! We been dodging them hailstorms here in DFW as well as tornadoes runnin amuck all around us. But we are safe and undamaged so all is well. Glad to read that things are getting normal on the rainbow. Dang after several days away I had 193 posts to ketchup on. Welcome #112 to the family!

Mel are you and Kate stayin high and dry cause you guys got some of this gully washer too I see?

Wayne glad you guys made it home and Sue you and Martin keep rollin along. Martin will be happier when he gets home and forgets about his CW experience.

Well my BIL is finally back in the saddle and feeling good with his new internal time clock so me thinks it is bout time to hit the road cause we are way overdue. We traded off Barbs Mini convertible and we are waiting on the dealer to get her new car brought up from Houston this week. As soon as we can we are hittin the rainbow for destinations yet known but no matter which direction we roam, it well be enjoyable.

You Muteys carry on and make us proud!

#31 on the side

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #36084
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Howdy Muteys!

Long time no speak! We been dodging them hailstorms here in DFW as well as tornadoes runnin amuck all around us. But we are safe and undamaged so all is well. Glad to read that things are getting normal on the rainbow. Dang after several days away I had 193 posts to ketchup on. Welcome #112 to the family!

Mel are you and Kate stayin high and dry cause you guys got some of this gully washer too I see?

Wayne glad you guys made it home and Sue you and Martin keep rollin along. Martin will be happier when he gets home and forgets about his CW experience.

Well my BIL is finally back in the saddle and feeling good with his new internal time clock so me thinks it is bout time to hit the road cause we are way overdue. We traded off Barbs Mini convertible and we are waiting on the dealer to get her new car brought up from Houston this week. As soon as we can we are hittin the rainbow for destinations yet known but no matter which direction we roam, it well be enjoyable.

You Muteys carry on and make us proud!

#31 on the side

Hey Herb & Barb!!! So glad your bil is back in the saddle. Lot of ommmmmmms went up for that fella.

We missed you at the GC 1.2. :-(. What a great time!
One of these days we'll catch up with you.

Oh, and yes we got some nice rain out here on the southern high plains. Interesting tidbit: Out on the plains we live at an elevation of 3,256' above sea level. The highest mountain in AR is 2,753' above sea level. (No comments from the peanut gallery, SF!)
Old 04-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #36085

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Rofl our flat lands are their mountains!

Old 04-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #36086

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mel I wish it would warm up a bit in Ruidoso then we could mini on the way thru there. We are goin up for the races in July.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #36087
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Mel, the Yahoo group is simply email. Send one to the group address and everyone who is subscribed gets a copy. If you want to join just send me a PM that includes your email address. I must warn you, tho, there aren't any restrictions on what can be posted. It gets a little mutany at times.
Hmmm!

Quote:

Maybe that's the norm for private parks. If it is, then I better plan on w__king a few more years! Lol! (We've always stayed at state parks. We're newbies to private campgrounds/parks)
yes, I consider their rates to be high. It is most likely related to location, location, location. There are many RV parks throughout this country that have much lower rates, and if you are a Passport America member the rates can be in half of what is posted. PA members in the South enjoy more reduced rates than those in the North East or other seasonal camping periods. there are also some restrictions that apply to PA members. However, the annual membership fee can have a full return on investment by staying 3 nights at PA campgrounds.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #36088

Quote:

It is high but any of them that say resort are to high but the state parks around there are like 20 a night unless you have a access pass then it's like 10 bucks a night. And they are just as nice as cl. I like the Gorge or the one Tim works at both are great parks.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #36089
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Mel I wish it would warm up a bit in Ruidoso then we could mini on the way thru there. We are goin up for the races in July.

Oh wow! Well, we are going to put a long term renter in our place out there pretty soon, so wouldn't be there in July anyhow. Or maybe we could drive Bow out there for the weekend. We find that we wanna take off in the MH when we have a free weekend. So, might as well rent out the mountain home!

Are y'all going out there over July 4th?
Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #36090

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Oh, and yes we got some nice rain out here on the southern high plains. Interesting tidbit: Out on the plains we live at an elevation of 3,256' above sea level. The highest mountain in AR is 2,753' above sea level. (No comments from the peanut gallery, SF!)
Quote:
Rofl our flat lands are their mountains!

I hear out in Texas they can stack it high!
Old 04-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #36091

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Next time our trails cross I will NOT miss the MC-OP.
Didja fix anything for neighbors there?
Pics if ya can please
Look forward to more MC with mutants....
I have NOT made any repairs... did receive my replacement Fantastic domes today.
Riverplantation RV park is OK not near as nice as CL.
Gravel pull throughs mostly...few full cement pads. Some sites are pretty tight although ours being on the outside edge is not bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150426_170923.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	92815  
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #36092

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Stopped for a visit with Sue and Martin at a rest area in Illinois. Small world for mutants.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430245932997.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	92816   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430245946136.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	92817  

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote