Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #36331
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When a person takes their own life, the only one they hurt are the people they left behind. Prayers to the family.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #36332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Some of you know Gunny has Degerative Myelopathy which is similar to ALS in humans. Slowly the nerves in his spine are loosing their ability to transmit commands. Over the last 6 months his rear legs have gotten weaker. Today we took a step to help him get around better. We bought a cart from Walkin’ Wheels and set it up. While we were prepared for Gunny to take a little time to get use to it,he surprised us all. He took off as if he had been ready to get things going. We were able to take him for a nice spin around the park and we are beyond happy that at least today was a GREAT day. This short video on VIMEO.COM is the first half minute or so right after we got everything adjusted and he was hooked into the cart. We don’t know how many great days we have but just this one day was worth the price of admission to me.

Fantastic, Don! Thanks for letting us know, since several of us have met your boys and know how devoted to them you both are. This will make such a big difference in his life.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:20 PM   #36333

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm still wondering why geocach is bringing soda to Bryce! I have a box in frige to soak up oder, maybe the canyon stinks!
Soda - I picked up that language a couple years ago in High School and when I went back east to see my bro! We always called it pop here but in Jersey it was soda. Some call it soda pop, some cola or coke referring to all types. I liked the sound of soda and it stuck for me. I'm probably the only Idaho resident that calls it that. Thanks for reminding me that I need to buy some baking soda for the new TT. It also might come in handy for those sweaty smelly hikers too.

On another note: Thanks for all the ohmms for our neighbors. I will pass it along when I take over some food tomorrow.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #36334
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Even though nobody noticed.....
My grandson is done and now on his way home. Had surgery at Childrens Hospital where his mom is Ped Anesthio.
Bet she was in OR with him, but dont know for sure....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I can't keep up! Hope it went well and your little guy is home and feeling good.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #36335

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Some of you know Gunny has Degerative Myelopathy which is similar to ALS in humans. Slowly the nerves in his spine are loosing their ability to transmit commands. Over the last 6 months his rear legs have gotten weaker. Today we took a step to help him get around better. We bought a cart from Walkin’ Wheels and set it up. While we were prepared for Gunny to take a little time to get use to it,he surprised us all. He took off as if he had been ready to get things going. We were able to take him for a nice spin around the park and we are beyond happy that at least today was a GREAT day. This short video on VIMEO.COM is the first half minute or so right after we got everything adjusted and he was hooked into the cart. We don’t know how many great days we have but just this one day was worth the price of admission to me.
That cart is wonderful. What a beautiful video of Gunny.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #36336

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I can't keep up! Hope it went well and your little guy is home and feeling good.
X2 It's hard when the little ones have procedures.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #36337

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Soda...
Soda Pop...
Pop...
Coke
Cola

This ponder first appeared in this thread on what date... no I don't know when or positively certain, and I won't look - lol.... but this sure sounds familiar.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #36338
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
On another note: Thanks for all the ohmms for our neighbors. I will pass it along when I take over some food tomorrow.
Deb, I went back and found your post about your 16 yo neighbor. I worked in the mental health field for 15 years and saw some tragic situations.

The parents of that girl will need a lot of support. A friend of ours lost her only child, a son, to suicide several years ago. Profound tragedy.

In many cities there are support groups for parents who've lost children. Compassionate Friends is one. In time, maybe they can connect with other parents who've lost a child. No one can understand like someone who has been through it.

We add our heartfelt healing ohmmms to the many others from your Mutant family.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #36339

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for being there when Gunny needed you most. The video shows all of us what a strong resilient temperament your furry kid has. I know we both agree that there is nothing too good for our little charges.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #36340
RVM1

Ohms to all that need.
Cheers to Gunny!
Wish ear tubes had been around when I needed them.
Really quiet on the Rainbow! Perhaps being on EDT has me ahead of the pack? Or folks are as lazy as I am right now?
Being "home" is nifty. Had a grand welcome from family and friends!
Now, about this insurance, doctor, vehicle inspection, bills, and shortage of bacon.....

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:56 AM   #36341

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ohms to all that need.
Cheers to Gunny!
Wish ear tubes had been around when I needed them.
Really quiet on the Rainbow! Perhaps being on EDT has me ahead of the pack? Or folks are as lazy as I am right now?
Being "home" is nifty. Had a grand welcome from family and friends!
Now, about this insurance, doctor, vehicle inspection, bills, and shortage of bacon.....
Your not the only one up this early Dave! I'm up and excited, taking in a Braves ball game today. Been waiting for months to see them in action, got my clothes set out, weather perfect. Having missed an opportunity to watch a practice a few days ago only added to the excitement!

Yep grandson is in starting lineup for the Braves Major League Tee ball team!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #36342

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning mutants.
Any hear from Herb and Barb?
They should be baseball crazy by now too Tim!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #36343

Morning Mutants !!!

We are almost finally awake, only on the second cuppa, tomorrow we head to Palm Springs for 3 days and then after that we begin our trek back east. It hit 100° here yesterday so that is the signal that we've been here to long. We sure are looking forward to catching up with our fellow mutants.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #36344

We had fun yesterday the rear brake cylinder blew out and lost all brakes so I had to drive 20 miles with just the parking brake. Then rebuilt the hole rear end. What a fun day. Lol

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote