Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #36429

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Um...you stay at Bonita Suites.
But this also makes you smart
Theoretically
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #36430
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Um...you stay at Bonita Suites.
But this also makes you smart
Theoretically
And the Cubs are gonna win the Series this year.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:26 AM   #36431
MPH

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tomorrow a tech will come out and service the Splendide which has decided the dryer doesn't want to heat.
I know your Spendide is a lot newer than ours, but to say the Splendide "heats" is a stretch. It sure takes a looooonnnnnggg time to get something damp dry. I read that the Spendide doesn't vent heat, so I guess that explains why everything comes out still damp, even after 90 minutes of "drying."

And then again, maybe we need to have a technician take a look at our Spendide to make sure it's working correctly in the drying cycle.

Glad you guys are having a good time. Kate & I are sitting here talking about places we definitely want to go once we are FTers. We agree on MOST things. Ha. We've put Lancaster Co, PA on our list for sure. I lived in Pittsburgh for 3 years and learned to love that city, but didn't see much of the state because I was in grad school and parenting preschoolers. Need to return.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #36432

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I know your Spendide is a lot newer than ours, but to say the Splendide "heats" is a stretch. It sure takes a looooonnnnnggg time to get something damp dry. I read that the Spendide doesn't vent heat, so I guess that explains why everything comes out still damp, even after 90 minutes of "drying."

And then again, maybe we need to have a technician take a look at our Spendide to make sure it's working correctly in the drying cycle.

Glad you guys are having a good time. Kate & I are sitting here talking about places we definitely want to go once we are FTers. We agree on MOST things. Ha. We've put Lancaster Co, PA on our list for sure. I lived in Pittsburgh for 3 years and learned to love that city, but didn't see much of the state because I was in grad school and parenting preschoolers. Need to return.

Mel......

Those dryers dry with steam..... Not dry air... So yes they will come out damp...
But they use very small amounts of water to wash as well.
Lol... It is what it is.... I love mine, and am much more used to it now..... Than when we started with it.
I like putting a liad in and not having to remember to move it to the dryer
I use our a lot... Even just at CL for 9 nights, i used it 3 times.....
My father owned a drycleaners, and I hate dirty clothes piling up.... And i do not like to sit in laundries....

And 1 box of the splendide detergent lasted me 3 years... Just a small spoonful...... Love the whole process.

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #36433

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Mel......

Those dryers dry with steam..... Not dry air... So yes they will come out damp...
Lol... It is what it is.... I love mine, and am much more used to it now..... Than when we started with it.
My father owned a drycleaners, and I hate dirty clothes piling up.... And i do not like to sit in laundries....

And 1 box of the splendide detergent lasted me 3 years... Just a small spoonful...... Love the whole process.

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
X10 but... the vented model reportedly works better than non-vented. Ours is vented and it the tech says it is probably one of two thermostats that isn't working. Less that my $250 ESP deductible is his estimate based on description.
When we first got it - the door was steamy and hot. No longer the case. The vent is exhausting out so it's not clogged up.

I also have the locks for the legs - to hold in place for him to install. Currently I have to remove a board / brace to get to the prepump filter area. Pain point. Looking forward it having it back in full service.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #36434

Newmar Owners Club
Hi everyone! Just checking in, finally sold the house and we will be ordering our new Newmar Dutch star next month.

Just got back from Korea where we were visiting our daughter she is an English teacher there.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #36435

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Took a couple pics while camping locally at Clearwater Crossing in Orofino ID.

From the inside looking out at the Clearwater River.

Looks very inviting.. may have to wander up that way to go by St. Regis, MT where I spend 3 summers as a kid...
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:05 PM   #36436

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Hi everyone! Just checking in, finally sold the house and we will be ordering our new Newmar Dutch star next month.

Just got back from Korea where we were visiting our daughter she is an English teacher there.

Way to go, Frank! And thanks for checking in, and congrats on the new coach. Pics please!
Looking forward to when we cross trails!
Old 05-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #36437

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Looks very inviting.. may have to wander up that way to go by St. Regis, MT where I spend 3 summers as a kid...
Let us know when you wander our way!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #36438
MPH

Quote:
Mel......

I don't mean to complain, at all. We are thrilled to have a w/d in our coach! I know we just need to get better at using it efficiently.

While we were at CL, I washed 2 or 3 t-shirts and couple pair of socks just to see how it works. Hadn't used it before. I used a tablespoon of low-sudsing detergent (like for high efficiency washers) and everything came out clean. Just took forever to get everything dry enough to hang up to finish drying.

So, the secret must be to do a load or 2 daily and stay on top of it. I hate laundry piling up, too, Di, so there is no doubt that when we are FTing, I'll be washing stuff every day. We better buy a drying rack of some kind to carry with us.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #36439
MPH

Took my 4 y/o great nephew, Brody, to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. (Believe me, it wasn't for the food.) He'd never been. His eyes were big as saucers! I made him eat a slice before he took off to play.

He has this great aunt wrapped around that little finger. Talk about a charmer!

M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brody at Chuck E. Cheese.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	93308  
Old 05-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #36440

Quote:
Took my 4 y/o great nephew, Brody, to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. (Believe me, it wasn't for the food.) He'd never been. His eyes were big as saucers! I made him eat a slice before he took off to play.

He has this great aunt wrapped around that little finger. Talk about a charmer!

M

Oh my is right!
If you don't spoil, I will
Old 05-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #36441

Quote:
I don't mean to complain, at all. We are thrilled to have a w/d in our coach! I know we just need to get better at using it efficiently.

While we were at CL, I washed 2 or 3 t-shirts and couple pair of socks just to see how it works. Hadn't used it before. I used a tablespoon of low-sudsing detergent (like for high efficiency washers) and everything came out clean. Just took forever to get everything dry enough to hang up to finish drying.

So, the secret must be to do a load or 2 daily and stay on top of it. I hate laundry piling up, too, Di, so there is no doubt that when we are FTing, I'll be washing stuff every day. We better buy a drying rack of some kind to carry with us.

A lot of people never get the hang of the Splendide.... They use them all over Europe.... Whether it is vented or not....
Lol Steve, i am not technical.. But it took me a while to figure it out...
I also keep one of the twisty, no pin clothes lines in my laundry area..... Works great for things like socks.... But not heavy items.....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #36442

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
A lot of people never get the hang of the Splendide.... They use them all over Europe.... Whether it is vented or not....
Lol Steve, i am not technical.. But it took me a while to figure it out...
I also keep one of the twisty, no pin clothes lines in my laundry area..... Works great for things like socks.... But not heavy items.....

This book was a big help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430691273876.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	93310  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote