Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #36443
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,933
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tomorrow a tech will come out and service the Splendide which has decided the dryer doesn't want to heat.
I know your Spendide is a lot newer than ours, but to say the Splendide "heats" is a stretch. It sure takes a looooonnnnnggg time to get something damp dry. I read that the Spendide doesn't vent heat, so I guess that explains why everything comes out still damp, even after 90 minutes of "drying."


And then again, maybe we need to have a technician take a look at our Spendide to make sure it's working correctly in the drying cycle.


Glad you guys are having a good time. Kate & I are sitting here talking about places we definitely want to go once we are FTers. We agree on MOST things. Ha. We've put Lancaster Co, PA on our list for sure. I lived in Pittsburgh for 3 years and learned to love that city, but didn't see much of the state because I was in grad school and parenting preschoolers. Need to return.
__________________

__________________
Mel & Kate
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
[IBe yourself. Everyone else is already taken.[/I]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #36444
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I know your Spendide is a lot newer than ours, but to say the Splendide "heats" is a stretch. It sure takes a looooonnnnnggg time to get something damp dry. I read that the Spendide doesn't vent heat, so I guess that explains why everything comes out still damp, even after 90 minutes of "drying."


And then again, maybe we need to have a technician take a look at our Spendide to make sure it's working correctly in the drying cycle.


Glad you guys are having a good time. Kate & I are sitting here talking about places we definitely want to go once we are FTers. We agree on MOST things. Ha. We've put Lancaster Co, PA on our list for sure. I lived in Pittsburgh for 3 years and learned to love that city, but didn't see much of the state because I was in grad school and parenting preschoolers. Need to return.

Mel......

Those dryers dry with steam..... Not dry air... So yes they will come out damp...
But they use very small amounts of water to wash as well.
Lol... It is what it is.... I love mine, and am much more used to it now..... Than when we started with it.
I like putting a liad in and not having to remember to move it to the dryer
I use our a lot... Even just at CL for 9 nights, i used it 3 times.....
My father owned a drycleaners, and I hate dirty clothes piling up.... And i do not like to sit in laundries....

And 1 box of the splendide detergent lasted me 3 years... Just a small spoonful...... Love the whole process.




Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________

__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #36445
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Mel......

Those dryers dry with steam..... Not dry air... So yes they will come out damp...
But they use very small amounts of water to wash as well.
Lol... It is what it is.... I love mine, and am much more used to it now..... Than when we started with it.
I like putting a liad in and not having to remember to move it to the dryer
I use our a lot... Even just at CL for 9 nights, i used it 3 times.....
My father owned a drycleaners, and I hate dirty clothes piling up.... And i do not like to sit in laundries....

And 1 box of the splendide detergent lasted me 3 years... Just a small spoonful...... Love the whole process.

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
X10 but... the vented model reportedly works better than non-vented. Ours is vented and it the tech says it is probably one of two thermostats that isn't working. Less that my $250 ESP deductible is his estimate based on description.
When we first got it - the door was steamy and hot. No longer the case. The vent is exhausting out so it's not clogged up.

I also have the locks for the legs - to hold in place for him to install. Currently I have to remove a board / brace to get to the prepump filter area. Pain point. Looking forward it having it back in full service.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #36446
Senior Member
 
FRasco's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 718
Hi everyone! Just checking in, finally sold the house and we will be ordering our new Newmar Dutch star next month.

Just got back from Korea where we were visiting our daughter she is an English teacher there.
__________________
Frank (RVM88), Lourdes, ChiChi and Coco!
Newmar 2016 DSDP 4381, 2016 Jeep Sahara Unlimited, Blue Ox Alladin Towbar with SMI Air Force One
FRasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #36447
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Took a couple pics while camping locally at Clearwater Crossing in Orofino ID.



From the inside looking out at the Clearwater River.

Looks very inviting.. may have to wander up that way to go by St. Regis, MT where I spend 3 summers as a kid...
__________________
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #36448
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,877
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Hi everyone! Just checking in, finally sold the house and we will be ordering our new Newmar Dutch star next month.

Just got back from Korea where we were visiting our daughter she is an English teacher there.

Way to go, Frank! And thanks for checking in, and congrats on the new coach. Pics please!
Looking forward to when we cross trails!
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #36449
Senior Member
 
geocacher's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Looks very inviting.. may have to wander up that way to go by St. Regis, MT where I spend 3 summers as a kid...
Let us know when you wander our way!
__________________
Deb & Dale--RVM107--2015 Blackstone 280 RKSB

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #36450
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Mel......

Those dryers dry with steam..... Not dry air... So yes they will come out damp...
But they use very small amounts of water to wash as well.
Lol... It is what it is.... I love mine, and am much more used to it now..... Than when we started with it.
I like putting a liad in and not having to remember to move it to the dryer
I use our a lot... Even just at CL for 9 nights, i used it 3 times.....
My father owned a drycleaners, and I hate dirty clothes piling up.... And i do not like to sit in laundries....

And 1 box of the splendide detergent lasted me 3 years... Just a small spoonful...... Love the whole process.

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I don't mean to complain, at all. We are thrilled to have a w/d in our coach! I know we just need to get better at using it efficiently.

While we were at CL, I washed 2 or 3 t-shirts and couple pair of socks just to see how it works. Hadn't used it before. I used a tablespoon of low-sudsing detergent (like for high efficiency washers) and everything came out clean. Just took forever to get everything dry enough to hang up to finish drying.

So, the secret must be to do a load or 2 daily and stay on top of it. I hate laundry piling up, too, Di, so there is no doubt that when we are FTing, I'll be washing stuff every day. We better buy a drying rack of some kind to carry with us.
__________________
Mel & Kate
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
[IBe yourself. Everyone else is already taken.[/I]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #36451
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,933
Took my 4 y/o great nephew, Brody, to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. (Believe me, it wasn't for the food.) He'd never been. His eyes were big as saucers! I made him eat a slice before he took off to play.

He has this great aunt wrapped around that little finger. Talk about a charmer!

M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brody at Chuck E. Cheese.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	93308  
__________________
Mel & Kate
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
[IBe yourself. Everyone else is already taken.[/I]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #36452
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,877
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Took my 4 y/o great nephew, Brody, to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. (Believe me, it wasn't for the food.) He'd never been. His eyes were big as saucers! I made him eat a slice before he took off to play.

He has this great aunt wrapped around that little finger. Talk about a charmer!

M

Oh my is right!
If you don't spoil, I will
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #36453
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I don't mean to complain, at all. We are thrilled to have a w/d in our coach! I know we just need to get better at using it efficiently.

While we were at CL, I washed 2 or 3 t-shirts and couple pair of socks just to see how it works. Hadn't used it before. I used a tablespoon of low-sudsing detergent (like for high efficiency washers) and everything came out clean. Just took forever to get everything dry enough to hang up to finish drying.

So, the secret must be to do a load or 2 daily and stay on top of it. I hate laundry piling up, too, Di, so there is no doubt that when we are FTing, I'll be washing stuff every day. We better buy a drying rack of some kind to carry with us.

A lot of people never get the hang of the Splendide.... They use them all over Europe.... Whether it is vented or not....
Lol Steve, i am not technical.. But it took me a while to figure it out...
I also keep one of the twisty, no pin clothes lines in my laundry area..... Works great for things like socks.... But not heavy items.....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #36454
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
A lot of people never get the hang of the Splendide.... They use them all over Europe.... Whether it is vented or not....
Lol Steve, i am not technical.. But it took me a while to figure it out...
I also keep one of the twisty, no pin clothes lines in my laundry area..... Works great for things like socks.... But not heavy items.....


Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
This book was a big help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430691273876.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	93310  
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #36455
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Hi everyone! Just checking in, finally sold the house and we will be ordering our new Newmar Dutch star next month.

Just got back from Korea where we were visiting our daughter she is an English teacher there.
Congrts! Now, are you also moving into that Dutch Star next month? We're envious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
A lot of people never get the hang of the Splendide.... They use them all over Europe.... Whether it is vented or not....
Lol Steve, i am not technical.. But it took me a while to figure it out...
I also keep one of the twisty, no pin clothes lines in my laundry area..... Works great for things like socks.... But not heavy items.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Well, I hope we're as intelligent as those Europeans. Ha ha. Surely we'll get the hang of it. Oh, wait ... that's the secret, right? Wash, dry, then HANG stuff out to finish drying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
This book was a big help.
Steve, do you carry a RV library around in your hip pocket?
__________________
Mel & Kate
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
[IBe yourself. Everyone else is already taken.[/I]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #36456
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,328
New carpet In Shara's happy dog's happy and I'm tired. Lol. Head lights polished and clear. Tomorrow I'll set the apointment for the windshield to be fixed. And load the RV.
__________________

__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Eyephoto, huntnski
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.