Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #36569
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'll bet it runs like a deer!
Naw, Wayne. If it was a deer Tim woulda shot it.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:40 AM   #36570
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Howdy, SFM!
Well, July 6-8 is Monday to Wednesday. So, this year fer shur, and Mel and Kate will be all ours!
So hoah!
I give up. Help, Di?
Old 05-05-2015, 01:41 AM   #36571
MPH

Barb, you have insomnia, too?!
Old 05-05-2015, 01:58 AM   #36572

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dennis I'm so sorry for your loss too. Your so right... it is comforting to share your sorrows with our large mutant family and receive such an abundance of compassion and understanding. Know that our prayers go out to your friends family as well as you guys.

Thanks again to our mutant family at large. You are so very special to us!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-05-2015, 02:02 AM   #36573

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wayne we had intended to call you and Earlene and come down for a visit when Things here changed but maybe after we get Pat settled after the funeral we can still head that way for a few days. I will call you before and check in.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-05-2015, 02:55 AM   #36574

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Very nice! I bet she'll love it. Now we have some that needs to be done in our s&b. When can you make it to Idaho?
s & b is that a short bus?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:58 AM   #36575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Thanks to all our mutant family for sharing our grief and all. The world lost two fine people of late and it does feel so much better having a large extended family to share our sad times with. Herb, Ohmms from our house to yours too.
Possum I did as you asked and asked God to look over him. Sorry for your loss.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:00 AM   #36576

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dang, Dwayne! I'll adopt both of you if that's the sort of Mom's Day gifts you give. Lookin' mighty fine! Shara is one lucky mom -- and she isn't even your mom.
Well she is a mom and she is my woman so I thought it was appropriate. No I'm not from AL. Lol

Old 05-05-2015, 03:02 AM   #36577

[QUOTE=Wayne M;2541775]I want to park next to you for as long as it takes for you to please Earlene with a new floor. Hee hee!

Any time my brother anytime. But it is a lot of work.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #36578

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
On another note!
Arkansas translation!
Sister-in-law called "hey Tim I bought a new tractor, can you come by and give me some pointers on how to run it?"

Arkansas translation is "will you come clean out my barn?"

At least she didn't buy a new shovel. Lol

Old 05-05-2015, 03:15 AM   #36579

Ok I would like to thank y'all for the kind words about the floor. And tell y'all if we ever meet up and your rig or car or even boat needs fixing let me know I work for tips only I will not ask for a dime. If you like it and want to give I will not turn it down. But if you just shake my hand and say thanks that work just fine for me too.. hope to see y'all soon.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:25 AM   #36580

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Unhappy THOR is gone.

This morning, May 5th, 2015 at about 1:45 am our rainbow got a little darker. We are devastated by the unbelievable, unforeseen, sudden loss of our lovable ditz. Thor was Sandee's shadow in every sense of the word. He was a goof ball and noisy if he thought he wasn't getting enough attention. He was our foot warmer at night and couldn't sleep if he wasn't in our bed.

We always thought that Thor would be here to help us deal with our grief when Gunny would need to be let go. Now we know that we will be facing that loss without Thor. For those who don't know Gunny is our older GSD who is suffering from Degenerative Myelopathy (Dog version of ALS) and may not be with us for very long.

Without knowing it, I took him for his last walk around the lake at noon. He seemed fine but later discovered he had thrown up all his breakfast in a corner of the coach. He later started being a bit lethargic and refused to eat dinner and then threw up all the water he had drank. later that evening he appeared to have a seizure and we rushed him to the U of IL Vet Med Emergency room. We thought he was doing better after IVs and then suddenly he took a turn for the worse and we had to let him go. I had left for a little while to go back home to take care of Gunny and Sandee was left to make that horrible choice to have them stop resuscitation.

Thor's food bowl sits there with the food he didn't eat. The red collar he wore nearly all his life is now hanging on the peg his leash was hanging from. Gunny is quiet and I wonder how he will take this after his "brother" isn't here to keep him company. There is now an empty dog crate begging to be occupied.

There is a hole in our hearts and tears in our eyes. Oh God, how much I would give to have this yapping, ditzy kid back. Because, even if he wasn't a arch-type GSD that was strong willed, always alert and confident...he was a lovable fur kid that one minute could drive you crazy and the next make you smile.

I'm gonna miss you Thor. Now that you have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, go find Major, Angel and Sarge. Also...keep an eye open for Gunny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	THOR HEAD SHOT.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	762.8 KB
ID:	93437   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	355.9 KB
ID:	93438  

Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:40 AM   #36581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
This morning, May 5th, 2015 at about 1:45 am our rainbow got a little darker. We are devastated by the unbelievable, unforeseen, sudden loss of our lovable ditz. Thor was Sandee's shadow in every sense of the word. He was a goof ball and noisy if he thought he wasn't getting enough attention. He was our foot warmer at night and couldn't sleep if he wasn't in our bed.

We always thought that Thor would be here to help us deal with our grief when Gunny would need to be let go. Now we know that we will be facing that loss without Thor. For those who don't know Gunny is our older GSD who is suffering from Degenerative Myelopathy (Dog version of ALS) and may not be with us for very long.

Without knowing it, I took him for his last walk around the lake at noon. He seemed fine but later discovered he had thrown up all his breakfast in a corner of the coach. He later started being a bit lethargic and refused to eat dinner and then threw up all the water he had drank. later that evening he appeared to have a seizure and we rushed him to the U of IL Vet Med Emergency room. We thought he was doing better after IVs and then suddenly he took a turn for the worse and we had to let him go. I had left for a little while to go back home to take care of Gunny and Sandee was left to make that horrible choice to have them stop resuscitation.

Thor's food bowl sits there with the food he didn't eat. The red collar he wore nearly all his life is now hanging on the peg his leash was hanging from. Gunny is quiet and I wonder how he will take this after his "brother" isn't here to keep him company. There is now an empty dog crate begging to be occupied.

There is a hole in our hearts and tears in our eyes. Oh God, how much I would give to have this yapping, ditzy kid back. Because, even if he wasn't a arch-type GSD that was strong willed, always alert and confident...he was a lovable fur kid that one minute could drive you crazy and the next make you smile.

I'm gonna miss you Thor. Now that you have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, go find Major, Angel and Sarge. Also...keep an eye open for Gunny.
I'm so sorry for your loss

Old 05-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #36582

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Dennis and Herb,

So sorry to read about the passing of those that are dear and close to you, I have shared a toast listening to the winds sing through the trees, now they are no longer in pain, and just perhaps they will be part of the saints keeping our rainbows bright.

Cheers to you my friends ...

Nifty words, Jeff.
My heart goes out to you, Herb and Barb. Please be well.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote