Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #3655

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
It has been mentioned to the as-yet-unmutated
He who shall remain nameless?
Hi Suspinz. See, I can spell it correctly and incorrectly as well!

It is a beautiful 70 degrees out here on the patio mutating. But time to shower, load up the Splendide and watch a little tv. Maybe sip a Cuba Libra tonight. Not sure why that sounds so refreshing tonight - it just does.

On another note - the two Zephyrs and the Journey that have the three spots on the lake have them for the year at $15,500 + electric. One has not moved an inch in 2 years. I believe that's a vegamutation. Hereby entered into the RVM Lexicon and Phraseology manual.

RVM2 - mutating at last - fridge humming along. Life on the rainbow is good.

Note: I did fall flat on my face today - first time since I don't know when. A little sore for the moment - but nothing serious or that will hinder the mutation process.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #3656

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Why yes, that's very one I'm referring to. Although some may be morel mushroom hunting and others mutating elsewhere - there is still plenty of time for mutants to plan for and respond here for the Grand Curiosity at Catherines Landing near Hot Springs Arkansas - April 24th - 30th.

It's a beautiful place to mutate - as Herb and Barb have attested. There will be views similar to this pic I snapped from our patio mutatable on Lake LBJ.

Attachment 46566

Don't be left mutating alone - plan on a Grande Curiosity next April. Tim is taking names - and this pretty much guarantees a couple more editions of RVM News.

I don't always read newsletters, but when I do, I read RVM News.
RVM2
Glad you got your wifi going. What a peaceful place for Sparky to relax and drink. Would like to throw our hat in the ring for the 'Grand Curiosity' in April if work will afford us the cooperation of mutating to our neighboring state.
Keep pics of Sparky's vacation coming. It helps some of us who are winding down the years of work, something to ponder upon.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #3657

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cnkinthebus - thanks much - and I can't wait to retire myself! Sparky says retirement is great and he seems very smitten with Sophie.

So I'm out at the mutantable - I hear Annie rummaging around inside Bonita Bounder. I wait and wait. Finally I give up and go in. She is showered and milling around. I look around and see this -

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1515791206.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	560.4 KB
ID:	46570Click image for larger version

Name:	image-235516246.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	574.4 KB
ID:	46571Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1932989165.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	583.4 KB
ID:	46572Click image for larger version

Name:	image-281148081.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	46573Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1402937846.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	596.9 KB
ID:	46574

She went around the mutant transition apartment and took things from here and there - to try on for size. I didn't miss it at home - and have no idea where it was stashed. She is a mutants mutant for sure!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #3658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
It has been mentioned to the as-yet-unmutated
Travels along the rainbow got in the way of my mis-sent message. Complete message follows:

It has been mentioned to the as-yet-unmutated DH that this Grand Curiosity would be a worthy objective. Personally, I would be there w/o question, but this Estimable Event will happen very shortly after we arrive home from FL. At this point, Suspinz has to be counted as a Maybe. Possibly even a Strong Maybe.

I'll let you know how the mutation is going.

Cheers!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #3659

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ - if ya work in Arkansas - it's one more week they can't get ya for jury duty!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #3660

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Note: I did fall flat on my face today - first time since I don't know when. A little sore for the moment - but nothing serious or that will hinder the mutation process.
Aha, Sparky tripped ya on purpose. He and Sophie were enjoying skinny dipping... And you interrupted. Pay backs are
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #3661

Good to hear from our rapidly unwinding Flagship that the fridge is behaving. BTW, what is it humming? Does it go w/ the Cuba Libra?

Marble Falls, right? Last time we saw the falls, they were under some stress, or was it refurbing. Very low flow and lovely pieces of stone flaking off in the hand. I'd like to see how they look now.

We are just home from a small rally in Galena, IL. The kitchen slide stayed unslid, the town is an architectural wonder (1800s fancy brick buildings), shopping was fun, and so were our fellow campers. The guys went off on their own tour Sat. afternoon while I taught the women how to make silk paper...inside an RV. Good thing there were only 5 of us. I did say it was a small rally.

Always something to look forward to, isn't there? Now it's the Grand Curiosity in the spring. I'm hopeful...ohmmmm, ohmmmm.....

Cheers!
Sue
Old 09-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #3662

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have I mentioned how much I enjoy turning beautiful landscape photos into iPad app jigsaw puzzles? Have I mentioned that there just are not enough beautiful landscape puzzles for the above mentioned activity? Have I mentioned that the Fall rains have begun in southern WA state? <heavy sigh>

Thanks Steve!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #3663
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,
You be careful now ya hear. No more falls. Well, Marble Falls is okay.

is that a ponder: To fall at the falls?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #3664

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Have I mentioned how much I enjoy turning beautiful landscape photos into iPad app jigsaw puzzles? Have I mentioned that there just are not enough beautiful landscape puzzles for the above mentioned activity? Have I mentioned that the Fall rains have begun in southern WA state? <heavy sigh>

Thanks Steve!
Barb - you may remember my dearly departed Aunt Bonita (namesake) lived in PT. I know all about that weather. She always claimed that the peninsula was spared much of rain and winter weather that Seattle and the rest of the state received. When I was there it was very nice. We did drive into Seattle 1 day. I'm certain of 1 thing. I won't be driving Bonita Bounder through downtown Seattle be it rain or shine!!

Since we are toadless mutants - we pick up our rental car tomorrow. Will be on the lookout for landscape and scenery pics.

Bed time for this tired and possibly bruised rib cage mutant. Irony - ribs for dinner too.
Steve
Old 09-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #3665

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Steve,
You be careful now ya hear. No more falls. Well, Marble Falls is okay.

is that a ponder: To fall at the falls?
Well it certainly cold be. Bruised ribs and baby back ribs. Did I mention Icy Hot. Hope that doesn't portend weather.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #3666

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well let's see.... are we up to about ten or so commitments for "The Grand Curiosity?" How bout a quick roll call of attendees? In numerical order please! LoL

Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #3667

Looks like we can make it to the Landing in Arkansas in April. Sounds like a great time. We have a lot to ponder before then. We have been in Colorado since Tuesday and are staying in Colorado Springs now. Went downtown to the Famous Steak House tonight for supper. Came out about an hour later to the parking garage and there are two police officers by our toad. They tell us we have been broken into. Passenger side window is smashed into a jillion pieces. They left glove box and console open and a few items left thrown about. Nothing stolen that we can see. Loaded revolver still in back of glove box. Case of wine still in the far back of the SUV. They were in a hurry and looking for a easy target like laptop or iPad or cell phone. Good thing for them we didn't come out sooner or they may have mutated over the rainbow. The glass is everywhere and a mess to clean up. It is raining so we just got a large trash bag and shut in the door for now. Other then that life is great, never sweat the small things in life. Just be thankful for your health and what you have.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #3668

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ah, Barb... I was trying so hard to study and irv2 kept getting my attention, and then when I saw your post, I thought... well, I have some puzzlers for you dear... some are hubby's pics.

Easter Morning moonset2012 1st camping trip out with Honey...

Little creek out by Beagle, KS Hubby took...

Devil's tower from this summer's trip

Lower falls yellowstone, this summer

Sego lilies and mountain in Little Big Horn??? mountains between Devils tower and Yellowstone (Yes!... Honey made it without overheating!)

Those should keep you busy for a day or 2 depending on how hard you set the jigsaw puzzle to be...

If you click on them I think they take you to my photobucket and click on them agan you can get to full size I believe...