Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #36695
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If y'all want to see why I respect, but not fear tornados go to this site as see how far out we get advanced warnings. These storms are over 100 miles from us and I'll continue to keep an eye on them. If you know anyone in the central Oklahoma area, you might want to make sure they know.

Severe Storm Chances Remain High To Round Out Week In Oklahoma - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

You may need to click on watch continuous coverage.

It's gonna be a bumpy afternoon, but I have a safe place to go if it gets bad here. This might last for another 4-5 hours.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #36696

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
@ Souvlaki Greek Restaurant, Baltimore, with son David
Attachment 93553
Attachment 93554
Attachment 93557
And the fries! OH YEAH
Attachment 93558
Dave, did you go shopping at Mondawmin Mall? Good timing on your visit. So glad it wasn't last week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
If y'all want to see why I respect, but not fear tornados go to this site as see how far out we get advanced warnings. These storms are over 100 miles from us and I'll continue to keep an eye on them. If you know anyone in the central Oklahoma area, you might want to make sure they know.

Severe Storm Chances Remain High To Round Out Week In Oklahoma - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

It's gonna be a bumpy afternoon, but I have a safe place to go if it gets bad here. This might last for another 4-5 hours.
Barb, it's on ABC Nightly News now. Looks rough, be safe!!!! Just keep it in OK, we don't need anymore bad weather here in Arkansas

Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #36697

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutants near and far, stay safe from harm... Mother Natures and the rest.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #36698
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thankfully the storms turned east and missed us. We just got a little more rain.

Just had an interesting incident with my iPhone 5s. Without warning it started screaming at me in an unfamiliar tone. I guess I now get National Weather Service warnings. Who knew?

This one is for Flash Floods.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #36699
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Mmmmm. Stuck my finger in that piece of lemon meringue for a taste test and WOW! We better get ourselves up there and buy the whole pie!
So today Earlene decides we are having meatloaf and invites her sister over. I had to slave in the kitchen, helping. However, the reward will come later with her home made apple dapple cake. Yummy!

[QUOTE=MPH;2544068]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
If you remember, I had to get down and lay on the floor to supervise, hold flashlights and things and just be the "general contractor." That was very difficult because of my knees, back, toes, fingers, etc., So there!! My bill is in the mail.

Wayne, don't forget that you fixed Bow's broken bay door piston, for which she is most grateful. And so are we. Thanks again.
Oh no! I supervised. Dave (JNE's Dave) does the screwing, and he had the screws. I held the door and piston in place. Dave did a lot of screwing that day, he even had to screw my vent cover - twice. He even used new technology, a vibrating battery operated screw driver. Isn't technology great!

Quote:

Quote:
Thankfully the storms turned east and missed us. We just got a little more rain.

Just had an interesting incident with my iPhone 5s. Without warning it started screaming at me in an unfamiliar tone. I guess I now get National Weather Service warnings. Who knew?

This one is for Flash Floods.
Happy to hear it missed you. You can also turn on the Amber Alert warning. Just in case I get kidnapped, or Tim. High in demand.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #36700
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

[QUOTE=Wayne M;2544428]So today Earlene decides we are having meatloaf and invites her sister over. I had to slave in the kitchen, helping. However, the reward will come later with her home made apple dapple cake. Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

Oh no! I supervised. Dave (JNE's Dave) does the screwing, and he had the screws. I held the door and piston in place. Dave did a lot of screwing that day, he even had to screw my vent cover - twice. He even used new technology, a vibrating battery operated screw driver. Isn't technology great!

Happy to hear it missed you. You can also turn on the Amber Alert warning. Just in case I get kidnapped, or Tim. High in demand.

And since i have been the recipient if her Apple Dapple Cake, i know you is eatin good for the next few days..... Mmmmmm

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #36701
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1430956978.871209.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	93584

Then there was a rainbow.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #36702
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Attachment 93584

Then there was a rainbow.
And a double at that!! Woo hoo!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #36703
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
The Wildwood Flower grew wild in Di's yard

but she didn't know what it was called!

Some say it's a flower, some say it's a weed

She never gave it much thought!

Di keep an eye on Larry, we don't need him naked swinging on the windmill!

Lol..... If they had flowers, i would keep them...... Or if they were purty leaves....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #36704

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Attention Annie, Mary is demonstrating the fashionable way to wear her boots! Notice how stylish she looks working in the garden!

Attention Sue, Mary wanted to pass along our efforts for the first time in three years, to grow a garden!

Annie really likes the boots.. thanks to Mary!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1430962094091.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	93590  
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #36705

Well folks, our Cherokee goes into the shop tomorrow for its new duds. New hood, new roof, new fenders all round and maybe some new door skins. A posts and roof rails will get some Bondo. We just hope the repaint will be as good as the factory bake on. Total cost around $11.5 K including the windshield done in HS. $50 deductible (which will also cover the MH costs). The loss adjuster has to talk to Thor to get some idea of parts costs to cover the roof repair and should be back to us soon.

Westfield National's combo policy covers our house and all our toys and they have been ultra responsive in dealing with our claim. Westfield does not appear to advertise on TV like many others (hello Flo!) so they can provide really competitive policy premiums. Our agent really rates them. One more thing - this event has made it clear to me that there is no disadvantage to adding an RV to your house/car combo policy rather than going for a separate policy like Good Sam et al would have you believe. The loss adjuster who came out had many years of experience dealing with specialty vehicles.

Now, if only Westfield would cover the cost of the four new Michelins going onto our Genesis on Friday!

TTFN
Martin. 36.5
Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #36706

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the update Martin.
Hi Sue!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:29 PM   #36707

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Well folks, our Cherokee goes into the shop tomorrow for its new duds. New hood, new roof, new fenders all round and maybe some new door skins. A posts and roof rails will get some Bondo. We just hope the repaint will be as good as the factory bake on. Total cost around $11.5 K including the windshield done in HS. $50 deductible (which will also cover the MH costs). The loss adjuster has to talk to Thor to get some idea of parts costs to cover the roof repair and should be back to us soon.

Westfield National's combo policy covers our house and all our toys and they have been ultra responsive in dealing with our claim. Westfield does not appear to advertise on TV like many others (hello Flo!) so they can provide really competitive policy premiums. Our agent really rates them. One more thing - this event has made it clear to me that there is no disadvantage to adding an RV to your house/car combo policy rather than going for a separate policy like Good Sam et al would have you believe. The loss adjuster who came out had many years of experience dealing with specialty vehicles.

Now, if only Westfield would cover the cost of the four new Michelins going onto our Genesis on Friday!

TTFN
Martin. 36.5

Wow Martin that's a lot of damage! Hope she comes back to you looking as good as she did before. We love our Trailhawk and I think it sits as nice as Barb's Mercedes. Good luck to you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #36708

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A wonderful surprise!

Well...

Perhaps fate dealt us a Joker and an Ace. From my Facebook...

Sometimes things happen both the bad and the good. 2 days ago we lost Thor and we hope to find out what happened after all the necropcy results get back. It was a horrible thing to happen. We loved that guy and still miss him. But then something good happened. We knew that we wanted to get another pup but we figured to get a nice GSD we would have to get in line and maybe wait over 6 months. Well…we cut to the front! A reputable breeder who’s dogs have strong German breeding lines had a pup that was supposed to go to another person but due to circumstances that person had to give the pup up. We were told about it and after talking with the breeder about the pup’s traits and our needs felt it was worth a 2 hour trip to see the pup and parents.

Looking at the pictures of the parents on the breeder’s web page we thought we had stumbled onto a great opportunity. Here was a pup with the potential of being great! He was 1 day shy of being 8 weeks old and available to take home right away.

We got to the breeder’s place to meet the breeder, the pup’s parents and an uncle. all three adults were layed back, friendly and gorgeous. Dad is a TANK and impressive! Great bone structures and rich dark saddles for both parents. While we think that if the pup resembles his dad he will turn heads, if he turns out to look more like the uncle he will be a very commanding specimen.

Now, some folks might say it is too soon and we respect that. However we felt that this was a great opportunity. It allows us to get a lot of his puppy and obediance training done before we hit the late summer or early fall traveling season.

Without further ado, we introduce….ZEUS!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ZEUS DAY 1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	439.1 KB
ID:	93604   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZEUS DAY 1 A.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	93605