Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 AM   #36891

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
"Barb wire" LOL

Sounds like you used OKMonkeys's telephone line.
Yeah, that was one of the names kids taunted me with along with Barbarian. My maiden name was Wright so I got to be known as "wrong way Wright" despite having a really good sense of direction.

What are some of the names the rest of you RVMs got called?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #36892

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Congrats to your Grandaughters accomplishments Herb and Barb. Definitely something to brag about.

I'm going to borrow the podium for a minute.

Morgan, my daughter just got her report card and got solid "A"s again. Four of her subject finals were over 96%.
On her way to "Principles List and Honor Role" for the 3rd straight year. I see some scholarships in her future as well.
I've always paid her for "A"s on her report card. I'm always going to the bank!
Woot Woot!
When Annie and I spoke with her when you were in Hawaii, we could tell she was a great kid. Well done Dog, Bonnie and Morgan!

Hope to meet you all one day soon!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #36893

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Congrats to your Grandaughters accomplishments Herb and Barb. Definitely something to brag about.

I'm going to borrow the podium for a minute.

Morgan, my daughter just got her report card and got solid "A"s again. Four of her subject finals were over 96%.
On her way to "Principles List and Honor Role" for the 3rd straight year. I see some scholarships in her future as well.
I've always paid her for "A"s on her report card. I'm always going to the bank!
You have a right to be proud, Les. My daughter Ami got a full ride, 5 year scholarship to the University of Oklahoma based on her ACT scores. She took the test 4-5 times and her scores improved each time, with eventually a 33 out of 35. You might want to have Morgan take which ever test they use in BC now and take it yearly thru High School. That could really help your wallet in a few years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #36894

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Alright boys and girls, I might be just about ready to be "back in business".

Andrea and I have settled down on the idea an MBS Sprinter chassis and I'm carefully eye-balling a Forest River Forester Full Wall Slide 2401W brand new.

I'm down to the stage of "do I really call my finance guy on Monday or not".
Make sure you get some specific axle weight information on that unit. You need to know how much weight is on the rear axle with full fuel and fresh water. Get the dealer to provide actual weight information from a scale (with printed proof) and an estimated amount of fuel and water then do the math on how much more weight would be added if they where full. Don't forget to compensate for front axle load for 2 passengers unless they also take 2 on the trip to the scale.

GOOD LUCK
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #36895

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yesterday our 4 wheeler group had a Public Fun Run. We had over 100 people show up on a weekday that a lot of other activities were going on. DH ran the 35 mile run with a young man we met at the local campground that is autistc. The young man did a fantastic job and had a blast. I do registration, count the $, and we both help set up and take down. So needless to say, we were tired at the end of the day. So DH, sweet man that he is, takes me out to dinner. We chose to go to a nearby little speck in the road, bar & grill. As we were waiting for our food, I mentioned that my hands were very dry. So my DH goes out to the rig to grab some lotion. When he comes back in, he is grinning ear to ear. When I ask him what is going on (that grin always gives it away that he is up to something), he replies, "I guess I'm cut off on beers for the night, I just saw a white unicorn!" Now, me...I'm wondering where in the world he is hiding the beer that we don't drink? LOL.

It turns out that someone had stopped in their car outside and were taking pics of a girl with a unicorn head. Too bad that he didn't have a camera with him. I told him without a pic, it never happened. LOL.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #36896

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
You have a right to be proud, Les. My daughter Ami got a full ride, 5 year scholarship to the University of Oklahoma based on her ACT scores. She took the test 4-5 times and her scores improved each time, with eventually a 33 out of 35. You might want to have Morgan take which ever test they use in BC now and take it yearly thru High School. That could really help your wallet in a few years.

Oh yes.... Have her take it early, relaxing with the test is also a practice thing..... And key to higher scores....
Mine both had 34 on ACT... One got full ride to Tulane, and it was a 5 year so he could get masters.... Other son got full plus... To his choice, Mississippi State University. Both are biomed engineers prior to med school......

I have always been a proud mom.... And now a proud STM..... little do they know..... Ha..

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #36897

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Deb and Dale...
Well done!

And, good call on pic or it didn't happen!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #36898

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mornin Mutes and Happy Mothers Day to al you beautiful Mom's out there.

Barb thanks and yes Kaylee won here in Texas and your right bout the level of competition. During the awards ceremony they spoke to the fact that Texas has by far the largest number of participants in US Gymnastics in the country, so much so that there are Regions with several states that don't match Texas alone for competitors.

Les that's great bout your grand! She is preparing no doubt for her full ride someday at the school of her choice. Love to hear academic success stories....but she may break the bank before she is done!

Wayne with Garry's funeral, gym meets and bad weather for the last ten days we haven't had time to plan a trip yet. How is the weather down there? We would love to get away from here cause we are starting to grow webbed feet! It's poring down here right now and my rain gauge shows 1 1/2" already since it started this morning. That makes 6 1/2 " for the last week. Don't want to come down and watch it rain there too!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #36899

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herb... you forget Dog is a youngun - Morgan is his daughter. Here's a picture of Dog last year to help us all remember how young he really is. Not sure how he got into a pool hall. He's a wily one. That's for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1431273283899.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	93910  
Old 05-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #36900
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Happy Mothers Day ........ To you all......
While I love my two sons to the moon and back, my grandchildren,,, well, they make motherhood worthwhile.

Hard to see but all five were here at Disney On Ice. I spent half of the showtime just watching their faces....

Attachment 93897

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Priceless, Di. Just Priceless.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #36901
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Deb and Dale...
Well done!

And, good call on pic or it didn't happen!
Steve always keeps us honest, which is his job as Potentater.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #36902

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Steve always keeps us honest, which is his job as Potentater.
Maybe one day I will get that RV Mutant Trivia game patented and the all new game.... Name that Mutant.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #36903

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gotta find me one of these...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1431282513047.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	93914  
Old 05-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #36904
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Maybe one day I will get that RV Mutant Trivia game patented and the all new game.... Name that Mutant.
Well, talk is cheap. Gitterdun, dude. We'll need those games at all future GCs!