Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #36919

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1431284728.987235.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	93918

virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #36920
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
At GC1.2 this mutants coach had a bad case of the creeping cr... oh oh I know I know - I can name that mutant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
As of we don't laugh enough already?
There's such a thing as laughing too much??? Uh oh. This group is WAY out of compliance.

MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #36921

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Whew just had a black whirling wall cloud pass right on top of us and dropped the funnel bout three miles north of us. That's too close for comfort. Scared the bejesus out of my bride!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #36922
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Whew just had a black whirling wall cloud pass right on top of us and dropped the funnel bout three miles north of us. That's too close for comfort. Scared the bejesus out of my bride!

WHOAAAAA! That is way to close for comfort, Herb. No laughing matter! Can't y'all get up outta there? Time to hit the road FT and get outta tornado alley?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #36923

Vintage RV Owners Club
Anything east of the Rockies seems to be fair game to those whirling wanderers which wield woeful winds....and more...
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #36924
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Herb,

Di showed us an app for her phone called RadarScope. It's a one time cost of $9.99 but so very worth it when you are in tornado alley. It's available for Apple and Android phones. Barb will thank you for having this one!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #36925
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Herb,

Di showed us an app for her phone called RadarScope. It's a one time cost of $9.99 but so very worth it when you are in tornado alley. It's available for Apple and Android phones. Barb will thank you for having this one!

And you can load it to multiple devices... I have been using it for about four years now.... And another thing i like, is you can view live radar at any place in US... Last year Kathy C and I were watching the weather in Tenn, and she called her daughter to let her know it was coming. And as I keep saying, it is the one the storm chasers use.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #36926

Happy mothers day to all mothers and step mothers.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #36927

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Dwayne.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #36928

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Thanks Dwayne.
Was just thinking about you...
Are you and Bob going to focus much of your time at Bryce on flying. I can't imagine he would be satisfied by lugging mutants up one afternoon and calling it quits. Lol.

Just starting to organize thoughts around Jeeping, Flying, Cooking, Maybe a Chile Coofoff, etc... lots to see and do up there - including Tim and Dave (maybe 2 Daves) lead us in singing cowboy songs.

https://youtu.be/hgvl8sQdQuQ
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #36929

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Herb,

Hey Barb we both have that very app on our phones already. We were watching the app but just didn't realize it was on top of us before we knew it. It scared the you know what out of us. People were fleeing the park by the carload cause we don't have shelter here. We should have had the tv on but my dad called to ck. On us and it was then I noticed cars leaving the park so I went out and it was almost on top of us so it was too late at that point. The funnel was just forming and beginning to drop down right over us. Thank the Lord for protecting us. We will be more vigilant from now on!

Mel I would luv to take off for good but unfortunately I still have a company to sell first. I can leave for a month or two or even three if my partners health holds up but in the last year that hasn't been reliable so Tornado Alley is where we reside for the moment. I do have someone we are talking with so that may change in the future and we are sooo ready to hang it up and be fully retired.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #36930

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Eek. Glad all is well.
Attached Images

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #36931
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm not sure if I'll have time to answer any post about me, but I do want to post an email that Earlene has sent to a few Mutants. It's been one of those days.

From Earlene:
"This was anything but a Happy Mother's Day for me beginning around 8:30 this morning when one of my worst nightmares occurred. Miya and I were barely 5 minutes into our neighborhood walk when a pit bull came across the street and attacked her. No matter how tough our girl is, she is no match for the jaws of a pit. She tried to hold her own to begin with before the pit grasped her shoulder, very close to her neck. I was beating on the dog and screaming for help and lousy horrible people just kept driving by. I had the pit's collar in my left hand, trying to pull him away and after what seemed like minutes, he loosened his hold, and he and I tumbled to the ground. And on the ground I stayed, holding the dog's collar for dear life while Miya stood against me panting with exhaustion. Finally, a good soul named Jose stopped his truck and came to help me. By then, the pit was pretty docile and standing peacefully by me. Jose, my fearless hero, took the dog by the collar, and I examined Miya. Under all the slobber, I found not one injury. There was blood but it was mine from a puncture most likely caused from a tooth on her collar. A call to 911 from this hysterical woman produced a patrolman maybe 5-10 minutes later. Meanwhile Jose had tied this dog to his truck. Long story shortened a bit - the unchipped, untagged dog was taken away by Animal Control. Then we get to the damage. After I went home and showered, I found that bending or breathing deeply were causing pain in my left side, the side that I fell on with the pit bull. A trip to the ER found a fractured rib, a few scrapes, and some bruises. So I'm going to have to put away the Fitbit (it tattles if I register less than 7,000 steps a day) and take it easy for a while. I just pray that I get over my fear and when my rib heals I can take my girl back on our walkways again. I still cry when I think of the people who drove on by when I was screaming for help. Above all, I thank God for Jose."

We spent several hours in the ER. I think she is going to have more bruises tomorrow.

My very good friend and veterinarian came over. he did find a small puncture would but most of the damage was pulling the skin away from the body. Miya is a sore puppy also. She may have gotten a piece of the pitbull, or he may have been in another fight somewhere else along the streets.

One of our pet peeves is people who let their animals run off leash. I don't care where you are. Dogs are dogs. They can look at one another and set off a fight. If they are not leashed or tethered, as harmless as they may be, one never knows what is going to happen when they approach each other.

At least here in Texas City there is a law and if the owners are found, they and the dog will be in the police files.

Please, if anyone thinks it is alright to let their dogs run loose, please reconsider. It's not fair to the majority that do leash their animals.

And the culprit is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pitbull.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	93953  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #36932
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'm not sure if I'll have time to answer any post about me, but I do want to post an email that Earlene has sent to a few Mutants. It's been one of those days.

From Earlene:
"This was anything but a Happy Mother's Day for me beginning around 8:30 this morning when one of my worst nightmares occurred. Miya and I were barely 5 minutes into our neighborhood walk when a pit bull came across the street and attacked her. No matter how tough our girl is, she is no match for the jaws of a pit. She tried to hold her own to begin with before the pit grasped her shoulder, very close to her neck. I was beating on the dog and screaming for help and lousy horrible people just kept driving by. I had the pit's collar in my left hand, trying to pull him away and after what seemed like minutes, he loosened his hold, and he and I tumbled to the ground. And on the ground I stayed, holding the dog's collar for dear life while Miya stood against me panting with exhaustion. Finally, a good soul named Jose stopped his truck and came to help me. By then, the pit was pretty docile and standing peacefully by me. Jose, my fearless hero, took the dog by the collar, and I examined Miya. Under all the slobber, I found not one injury. There was blood but it was mine from a puncture most likely caused from a tooth on her collar. A call to 911 from this hysterical woman produced a patrolman maybe 5-10 minutes later. Meanwhile Jose had tied this dog to his truck. Long story shortened a bit - the unchipped, untagged dog was taken away by Animal Control. Then we get to the damage. After I went home and showered, I found that bending or breathing deeply were causing pain in my left side, the side that I fell on with the pit bull. A trip to the ER found a fractured rib, a few scrapes, and some bruises. So I'm going to have to put away the Fitbit (it tattles if I register less than 7,000 steps a day) and take it easy for a while. I just pray that I get over my fear and when my rib heals I can take my girl back on our walkways again. I still cry when I think of the people who drove on by when I was screaming for help. Above all, I thank God for Jose."

We spent several hours in the ER. I think she is going to have more bruises tomorrow.

My very good friend and veterinarian came over. he did find a small puncture would but most of the damage was pulling the skin away from the body. Miya is a sore puppy also. She may have gotten a piece of the pitbull, or he may have been in another fight somewhere else along the streets.

One of our pet peeves is people who let their animals run off leash. I don't care where you are. Dogs are dogs. They can look at one another and set off a fight. If they are not leashed or tethered, as harmless as they may be, one never knows what is going to happen when they approach each other.

At least here in Texas City there is a law and if the owners are found, they and the dog will be in the police files.

Please, if anyone thinks it is alright to let their dogs run loose, please reconsider. It's not fair to the majority that do leash their animals.

And the culprit is:
O M G

Unreal. I sure wish Earlene quick recoveries. I was in shock reading it.

When I was in FL in April I wound up being chased on my bicycle by a bunch of little dogs and when I went to dodge them I wound up going head over the handlebars and got all banged up. Still got a sore wrist over that.

I can't believe what you described though, that is really horrible and I totally agree, dogs are dogs and they need to be under some kind of control. And I've had dogs all through my life so I have nothing against them. Even owned a doberman at one point, one of my most favorite dogs ever, was so gentle, slept and played with a cat, etc.

Again, please give my best to Earlene and many Ohmmmms for recovery. Wow...

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote

« College Football | - »