Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2015, 06:05 AM   #37171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Steve.
We've just received our loss adjuster's estimate for the Tuscany - running about $5k but could be more. He said take it to a shop of our choice. I would like to run it over to Thor at Elkhart but that's some distance. Where are you getting your rig fixed?
We are getting it repaired at Mt. Comfort RV just 5miles or so east of Indianapolis. That is where we purchased our MH in 2010.

Their new service manager has 25 years of experience in RV repair and seems to be very accustomed to "jumping thru the insurance hoops" for estimates and supplemental estimates (if hidden damage is found).

They have always treated us well. The ONLY negative is not having enough people so when they have several new sold units to prep, they sometimes schedule you behind those units. Nothing out of line but frustrating just the same.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2015, 06:06 AM   #37172

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8100GVW View Post
huntnski, I always realized I was different somehow, but never realized I might be an RV Mutant! Thanks for the welcome. And okmunky, you make a sobering case for everyone to make sure they are hooked up properly and towing safely.
Say 81, tell us a little about yourself, what do we call you only one person I know that goes by a number and she was a looker. At 81 you missed Agent 99 "by that much"!
Old 05-15-2015, 06:14 AM   #37173

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Steve what about the roof itself? Yours was one I could actually see the marks...looked just like our hoods of the vehicles.

Tim's adjuster used a chaulk stick to highlight the marks.
The dealer estimator said that he would reinspect the roof under the bright lights of the service bay.

He mentioned that our roof was fortunately a rubber roof and they withstand hail abuse better that the old style roofs. I alerted him to look for soft, spongy spots that my indicate a loss of adhesion between the rubber and the base of the roof. He wrote that down on his original inspection sheet. I also reminded him to replace any of the anchoring strips that look damaged.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #37174

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8100GVW View Post
huntnski, I always realized I was different somehow, but never realized I might be an RV Mutant! Thanks for the welcome. And okmunky, you make a sobering case for everyone to make sure they are hooked up properly and towing safely.

Are you or not... Will he or not..... As much as we embrace new mutants. You have to go through the 2 membership requirements that we all did...
What do you not have that you do not miss.....
Your declaration that the journey is the destination.....
THEN we can annoint you with an official mutant number and write your name in the sacred book.....
And add you to our other places and fun stuff....
And ifn soneone asks... There are NO dues, so dont go sending $$

Btw, we hope ya join in...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #37175

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Say 81, tell us a little about yourself, what do we call you only one person I know that goes by a number and she was a looker. At 81 you missed Agent 99 "by that much"!

007..... Def was a looker, really preferred Sean Connery....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:46 AM   #37176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
007..... Def was a looker, really preferred Sean Connery....

Quote:
@ 8100GVW.. Hope you join in... I cant wait for how you arrived at 8100GVW.. @ Diwizi, I dont fly that way, so I will just keep dreaming about Agent 99 & the 3 Angels... WOW...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #37177

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, we're awake and getting ready to roll. A quick TA fuel stop right down the road and on to Amana - total drive about 205 miles. Still fighting the cold but better. Will check in when we get there. Looking forward to seeing our RGV friends Chuck and Judy who are working there this season.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #37178
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Does Michelin still make that size? Can't your dealer just call Michelin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Tire Rack has on line search, and shows 255x80, BUT only 22 & 23...

They will come on and "CHAT", maybe they can help..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Wayne, that's the tire size our MH has. Fahgiddaboudit. Looks like they are almost impossible to find. Two different truck tire dealers could not find one for me.

I'm taking Larry Z's advice and putting 245/75R22.5 tires on when we replace them. I've also read horror stories about Michelin MH tires, so I'll be taking Larry's advice on brand and probably going with Toyo. (Did I spell that correctly???)

Let us know what you decide to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Wayne,

I replaced all of my Michelins with TOYA. Very high ratings, just search this site. Very pleased with them, and that was before one compares the prices. TOYAs are running on all the Tractors & trailers these days.

I had to change out the Michelins due to the cracks...lots of tread left. In talking with the Truck Service Center people, it was explained that Michelin purposely builds their sidewall with softer rubber, for a better ride. However, with the soft sides, they will crack before the tread wears down, plus they are easier to blow out if the sidewall is rubbed/ran into a hard surface and/or deep pot hole. But with your CURB FEELERS, you wouldn't have that problem.
To all the above, I'm looking at all the options. My resolve is not set in stone for Michelin tires. Here is a web site that can be viewed for determining different sizes. One has to consider a lot of factors when changing to a different size. Clearances being the most important, not only height clearance, but width clearance also. Must make sure that the two tires do not rub together when on the axle spindle. I'm still lookin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tire discussions and gas or diesel crack me up.

Right now I have bigger problems. I put Annies cell phone in my pocket and when I pulled it out it said it was erasing everything. Pictures - contacts - everything. So I will be sleeping in the car tonight.
Poor Annie. You take her phone so she cannot use it, and then you destroy the data. She should make you sleep under the MH.

Quote:
Just take it to the Apple store, they can restore it........ Oh darn.... Not an apple is it....

Had it been an Apple iPhone, erasing the data would not have occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Don, I had both upper & lower done the same trip. Dr. promised me he wouldn't use the same instruments for both ... because he liked me. Must be a standard witticism. 😜

All's well?
I wonder if they found Don's he........er, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Well so much for good things. Only bad to day lost the transmission in the jeep 1st 2nd and reverse almost gone. Well I should have figured the good life would not last. Well we might not be in Bryce now. Hope Y'all are doing better then us
That just plain sucks. Holler at me sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Symvist injection in left knee today. Ouch. Still smarting and keeping me awake. Hopefully will be better soon. Gonna meet a monkey, a morkie and an Okie later.
You are procrastinating, right? Symvist is good but it will not last for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Oh and Steve how it happened was I tried to help my brother he said a guy needed a few yard art pieces taken out of his 4 mil. Dollar home but he couldn't get to it so could I run over with his trailer and pic them up. You know me shore I'll do that for you 32 statues latter well she couldn't do it but I gave my word so I did move all but 5 and the trailer lost the wheel bearings also. It was not a great day. So I'm up on the old inter Web trying to find the tranny. It's all good though I woke up this morning and I'm above ground.
You did a good deed. It will be repaid twofold.

Quote:
Are you or not... Will he or not..... As much as we embrace new mutants. You have to go through the 2 membership requirements that we all did...
What do you not have that you do not miss.....
Your declaration that the journey is the destination.....
THEN we can annoint you with an official mutant number and write your name in the sacred book.....
And add you to our other places and fun stuff....
And ifn soneone asks... There are NO dues, so dont go sending $$

Btw, we hope ya join in...

She made all her money for dental work off of the first 112 members. However, send $$ to me and I'll put it in a safe place for when she starts collecting again.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #37179

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - I haven't had an iPhone since the 3S - which I had for a very long time. As I recall it did have a "factory reset" option.

Somehow - putting it in my pocket - I got it to that screen - and while hooking up the car the buttons must have been pushed to complete the action. When I pulled it out of my pocket the Droid was onscreen telling me everything was being erased.

I think it could happen with any phone - maybe more likely with the Galaxy but not impossible with the iPhone.

http://www.ios-phone-recovery.com/re...e-6-plus6.html

I think you know this but are so drunk on apple kool-aid that you can't help but perpetuate apple myth. Accidents happen. We will take it to a Verizon store and see if anything can be done. I will also get her set up with the cloud. I really feel bad about this. I can't really make it up to her... she takes really good pics. :(
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #37180

If I didn't have my iPhone, I would myth it.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #37181
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Black Tank Cleaning - NOT

What you should really know about cleaning a black tank with ice cubes.

Ladies, please watch just the ending after the credits on how not to clean a casserole dish.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #37182
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
To all the above, I'm looking at all the options. My resolve is not set in stone for Michelin tires. Here is a web site that can be viewed for determining different sizes. One has to consider a lot of factors when changing to a different size. Clearances being the most important, not only height clearance, but width clearance also. Must make sure that the two tires do not rub together when on the axle spindle. I'm still lookin'.

Poor Annie. You take her phone so she cannot use it, and then you destroy the data. She should make you sleep under the MH.

Had it been an Apple iPhone, erasing the data would not have occurred.

I wonder if they found Don's he........er, never mind.
That just plain sucks. Holler at me sometime.

You are procrastinating, right? Symvist is good but it will not last for ever.

The ortho PA is a friend of ours. She says both knees replaced this fall some time. Just like Barb did ... both at the same time. We just have to jump thru all the hoops for you-know-what. I am sure not looking forward to it, but will be glad once I've rehabbed both knees and am back in Bow's saddle. Yippee!!!

You did a good deed. It will be repaid twofold.

She made all her money for dental work off of the first 112 members. However, send $$ to me and I'll put it in a safe place for when she starts collecting again.
Whew!!! Dude!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #37183

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Ladies, please watch just the ending after the credits on how not to clean a casserole dish.
You know... he went to the trouble to go online and find a recipe for waste... but he didn't use the black tank cleaning recipe... no one that I have read advocates dumping ice cubes into the dry tank and driving around... they all say, water, ice, dawn, and calgon. So... not only that, I'd left it if I had a pyramid of doom like that for a day or so of travel before I dumped it.... and as for the casserole... soaking in dishwater overnight usually does the trick! I have used oven cleaner on really burnt on stuff on glass pans though....mmm...lye! Peeuuw!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #37184

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I think the thread holding your shirt buttons on is directly linked to the thread holding this list together. What a beautiful and intelligent offspring you sprouted to keep the services as healthy as possible. You deserve to be proud.

Quote:
You should change you name to Max or .... are you ready for this... "Secret Agent Man"

Quote:

The problem with the experiment was the guy used genuine NASA Shampoo. I would think the experiment would have had different results if he used genuine, true to form, real North American normal sh.... er Real Poo. Shampoo is greatly overrated.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote