Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #37185

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I think the thread holding your shirt buttons on is directly linked to the thread holding this list together. What a beautiful and intelligent offspring you sprouted to keep the services as healthy as possible. You deserve to be proud.
:

Nola and I thank you!
BTW, I wear t-shirts for a reason: Megan and Bradley.
Brad is nearing his Eagle Scout badge!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2015, 02:47 PM   #37186

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
And two very good reasons they are.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #37187

BTW, gang....
Going with Nola and Staci for peddies tomorrow!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #37188

Ok, hoping not to bore you with too many details, I will tell you a few things about me (and my DW).

What do I not have that I do not miss? First and foremost, a full time job. Gave that up a few years ago, and haven't regretted it. As you know, that makes RV Mutant Tenet #1 (Protect and grow the nest egg) essential. Therefore, I don't have many of the things on the RV Mutants Do Not Have list. I strongly prefer to do my own work on my home and vehicles, but I've had to back off a bit on that commitment lately.

We have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, with a Cummins ISC330 diesel, which we bought in 2008. We tow a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, and sometimes carry my 2002 Harley Ultra Classic on the Overbilt lift in between them. It makes kind of a long rig. (Just noticing that the newest is now 13 years old. Is that a Mutant trait?)

The Endeavor and the Jeep have been with us from Florida to Seattle, and to Homer and Fairbanks Alaska, and Over the Top through Dawson City, Yukon. I wrote a bit about our radiator adventures on that trip under a different thread.

No, the rig doesn't have all the bells and whistles available on the new rigs, but it is still solid and dependable, and we like it. It was at the point, though, that we needed to make a decision about whether to update it or replace it. After looking at new prices last year at the Tampa RV show, we decided it would be much better to update and keep it. So, right now it is in Bremen, Indiana, at Precision Painting, and it's going to come out of there with a whole new look. But it still won't have four slides, and if someone gives me a hard time about that, I'll just have to look them in the eye and say "No, but it doesn't need DEF!" and follow that up with "And I never clean my black tank with ice cubes!".

Now to the important things - 8100GVW. That mysterious name comes from a miserable beast of a truck I used to own, as part of a project I was doing with my boys. The truck was a 1979 Ford F250 SnoFighter with a Dana 60 front axle. It is far and away the worst driving vehicle I have ever driven - kind of like driving a wagon load of rocks. But I really like the Secret Agent Man idea! Maybe I'll end up going with it! (Or, you could just call us Glenn and Carol.)

And now for my official declaration - The Journey is truly the destination. "To stop moving is to stop living, to stop existing." - Lloyd Kropp

Thanks for all your hospitality.

Glenn
8100GVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #37189

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8100GVW View Post
Ok, hoping not to bore you with too many details, I will tell you a few things about me (and my DW).

What do I not have that I do not miss? First and foremost, a full time job. Gave that up a few years ago, and haven't regretted it. As you know, that makes RV Mutant Tenet #1 (Protect and grow the nest egg) essential. Therefore, I don't have many of the things on the RV Mutants Do Not Have list. I strongly prefer to do my own work on my home and vehicles, but I've had to back off a bit on that commitment lately.

We have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, with a Cummins ISC330 diesel, which we bought in 2008. We tow a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, and sometimes carry my 2002 Harley Ultra Classic on the Overbilt lift in between them. It makes kind of a long rig. (Just noticing that the newest is now 13 years old. Is that a Mutant trait?)

The Endeavor and the Jeep have been with us from Florida to Seattle, and to Homer and Fairbanks Alaska, and Over the Top through Dawson City, Yukon. I wrote a bit about our radiator adventures on that trip under a different thread.

No, the rig doesn't have all the bells and whistles available on the new rigs, but it is still solid and dependable, and we like it. It was at the point, though, that we needed to make a decision about whether to update it or replace it. After looking at new prices last year at the Tampa RV show, we decided it would be much better to update and keep it. So, right now it is in Bremen, Indiana, at Precision Painting, and it's going to come out of there with a whole new look. But it still won't have four slides, and if someone gives me a hard time about that, I'll just have to look them in the eye and say "No, but it doesn't need DEF!" and follow that up with "And I never clean my black tank with ice cubes!".

Now to the important things - 8100GVW. That mysterious name comes from a miserable beast of a truck I used to own, as part of a project I was doing with my boys. The truck was a 1979 Ford F250 SnoFighter with a Dana 60 front axle. It is far and away the worst driving vehicle I have ever driven - kind of like driving a wagon load of rocks. But I really like the Secret Agent Man idea! Maybe I'll end up going with it! (Or, you could just call us Glenn and Carol.)

And now for my official declaration - The Journey is truly the destination. "To stop moving is to stop living, to stop existing." - Lloyd Kropp

Glenn

Hey Glenn and Carol #113... Number 1 or 2 will give your official welcome..... But LOL. i am going back out so thought i woukd say hello.... I am Diane, hubby is Larry Z.... Or zeelarry...

New jeep hood almost on.... Anyone want one with dimples..... Come and get it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #37190

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8100GVW View Post

Glenn

Glenn and Carol - AKA 8100GVW, WELCOME to RVMville! You are now RVM113, with all rights and privileges.
You are now free to Ride the Rainbow, and join in the rawkus fun! Perhaps you will join us in Bryce Canyon in August?
Great intro and story, BTW.
Alright STMs, please give Glenn and Carol a warm WELCOME as RVM113!
Woot woot!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #37191

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Has anyone tried finding Michelin 255/80R22.5 tires? Non existent.

I need them near me to replace the ones I have.

Wayne I just replace mine and had a heck of a time getting them. In fact I was forced to do two at a time. Call T & R Tires here in Ft worth. They did a good job finding mine

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #37192

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Glenn and Carol - AKA 8100GVW, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!!!

This august group will be meeting as an August Group in Bryce Canyon Utah. It would be immeasurably more fun if y'all could join Usins for the fun and merriment. There's abgout 112 Mutants on the list ahead of you that you should be weary of so be forewarned.

Enjoy the ride as it is mostly fun to hilarious depending iff'n you are the picker or the pickee.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #37193

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wayne I just replace mine and had a heck of a time getting them. In fact I was forced to do two at a time. Call T & R Tires here in Ft worth. They did a good job finding mine

I got my buddy Wayne a better deal. Having a quote sent to me from a dealer here in the Northwet. I will forward it direct to his roundness and nobody better make fun of mafia connections ever again.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #37194

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Glen and Carol #113 welcome to our side of the rainbow! We are Herb and Barb aka Herb and Barb (go figure) also known as #31. We look forward to meeting you guys sometime on the rainbow. Thing is, we are getting spread out all over this great country so wherever you are, your never far away from one of us. So follow along and jump in to our mutant pondering a at will but ya read frequently or you will have a passel of ketchup reading to do cause we are a chatty group! Hey somebody pass them the broom and dustpan!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #37195

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I got my buddy Wayne a better deal. Having a quote sent to me from a dealer here in the Northwet. I will forward it direct to his roundness and nobody better make fun of mafia connections ever again.

Dennis he doesn't need "snow tread" on dem shoes!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #37196

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Glen and Carol #113 welcome to our side of the rainbow! We are Herb and Barb aka Herb and Barb (go figure) also known as #31. We look forward to meeting you guys sometime on the rainbow. Thing is, we are getting spread out all over this great country so wherever you are, your never far away from one of us. So follow along and jump in to our mutant pondering a at will but ya read frequently or you will have a passel of ketchup reading to do cause we are a chatty group! Hey somebody pass them the broom and dustpan!

WELCOME Glen & Carol # 113.. Richard here & very glad we are not the "New kids on the block".. I am still learning about all the ways to communicate, but everyone has been very helpful & patient.. A bit about us is in my signature that you can set up in your profile...
Again, WELCOME & hope you enjoy this mutant gang as much as we do..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #37197

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome #113. We're glad to have you riding the rainbow with us.

I'm enjoying my birthday lakeside waiting for the dinner to cook. Ain't life grand?
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #37198

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Glenn and Carol - AKA 8100GVW, WELCOME to RVMville! You are now RVM113, with all rights and privileges.
You are now free to Ride the Rainbow, and join in the rawkus fun! Perhaps you will join us in Bryce Canyon in August?
Great intro and story, BTW.
Alright STMs, please give Glenn and Carol a warm WELCOME as RVM113!
Woot woot!
X2 - welcome Glen and Carol..
Annie and I just landed at Amana Colonies and need to get finished setting up... but will be back to welcome you soon...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote