Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #37367
Senior Member
 
MartinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign Co. IL
Posts: 248
R U an RV Mutant too?

Yes, just to amplify what Di said. If you own a Freightlner chassis you may join the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club ( FCOC ) and enjoy several benefits including Chrysler Affiliate Rewards. You have the opportunity to purchase or lease up to a combined total of two new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram or Fiat vehicles per calendar year. You don't have to haggle with the dealer as the discount is the "Preferred Price" which is 1% below factory invoice + $75 admin fee. Only the Viper and the GC SRT models are ineligible for this discount.
I found this useful info from the Jeep Garage forum and used it when we bought our Cherokee.
__________________

__________________
Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #37368
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol..... They didnt give it to me.... I did FINANCE the difference,
but i drove it for 3 years and got back $4000 less than I paid for it,
we had just paid it off, and the new payments and interest are much lower....

Btw... Thanks to Martin........
We did join the freightliner club and got a nice discount as well as a military discount.

Ok.... Here it is on the Missouri dealer lot....

Attachment 94596






Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Luck dog very nice
__________________

__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #37369
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,868
Blog Entries: 1
Foot Dr said "Yep, Arther Itis". No bone spurs, just joint issues where I broke it 43 years ago.
Cortisone injection 28th.
Funny that it has hurt little in the last 2 weeks!
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #37370
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
What is the Toy Run Society? I'm picturing little Ken, Barbie, and GI Joe dolls running around a track somewhere. Of course, Ken and Joe are chasing Barbie, who is outrunning both of them because they got lax in their old age and sat around in their RVs watching sports and drinking beer. Barbie, who is a good friend of Sue's, stayed fit and trim and goes kayaking and runs 10k marathons all the time.
It's a group of about 30 of us and we host a huge motorcycle event in Port Alberni. Everyone who comes has to bring a toy for a youngster and our society makes sure that everyone gets something from 'Santa' at Christmas. Since the forestry industry collapsed on the Island there are huge areas of high unemployment so we try to assist the parents with needs.

We've had as many as 2500 bikers in town for the weekend and we've pulled in over a million in cash and a 1/2 million in toys and there is no monetary reward to the members. Every dime we get in goes to the kids in need. The day begins with a bike parade into town, a family fun day (everything free) at a local park, kids games, bike games (some involving the kids) food and then a huge dance for the adults to culminate the day.

The money is dispersed to schools for feeding breakfast and lunch to students, special needs programs and such. Toys are dispersed to groups that provide emergency hampers and Christmas hampers, and Ambulance, Fire and police departments along with search and rescue get stuffies to give to kids in distress when the need arises.

We even support fund a minor camping program.

See

__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #37371
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Hey Steve,


Some friends of ours, Rose and Eddie Rice, have expressed an interest in getting legal and becoming bone fide RVMs. Have you heard from them?


Also while I have your attention, give Annie a hug for me.


Tom
Hey Tom.. yep I did get a PM from them and explained how to jump in on the thread and join in... still no word or post. I'm sure they'll get to it in mutant time...

So good to hear from you two. We missed you in Hot Springs, but you missed the hail... but it was one hail of curiosity!

Post your travels so others can find ya on the rainbow. I know you must be on or about to hit the road???

Hi Jan. Keep Tom in line and a keep in touch!

Steve and Annie
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #37372
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Foot Dr said "Yep, Arther Itis". No bone spurs, just joint issues where I broke it 43 years ago.
Cortisone injection 28th.
Funny that it has hurt little in the last 2 weeks!
Glad it's not bad hope the shot works prayers sent your way
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #37373
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,868
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Glad it's not bad hope the shot works prayers sent your way

Thank you!
If it hurts less I can walk more. A good thing!
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #37374
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East of El Paso TX
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol..... They didnt give it to me.... I did FINANCE the difference,
but i drove it for 3 years and got back $4000 less than I paid for it,
we had just paid it off, and the new payments and interest are much lower....

Btw... Thanks to Martin........
We did join the freightliner club and got a nice discount as well as a military discount.

Ok.... Here it is on the Missouri dealer lot....

Attachment 94596






Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

WOW very nice!!! We may need to get one sometime soon too.
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #37375
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Foot Dr said "Yep, Arther Itis". No bone spurs, just joint issues where I broke it 43 years ago.
Cortisone injection 28th.
Funny that it has hurt little in the last 2 weeks!
Dave,

I had Cortisone shots in my spine prior to being approved for back surgery. The only result was they made me gain 50# and that was after I had gastric bypass! I won't ever take any sort or steroids again unless it's a life or death choice. If your pain has gone away you might think hard about that Cortisone shot. Every medication has some consequences and I sure don't like those.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #37376
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
It's a group of about 30 of us and we host a huge motorcycle event in Port Alberni. Everyone who comes has to bring a toy for a youngster and our society makes sure that everyone gets something from 'Santa' at Christmas. Since the forestry industry collapsed on the Island there are huge areas of high unemployment so we try to assist the parents with needs.

We've had as many as 2500 bikers in town for the weekend and we've pulled in over a million in cash and a 1/2 million in toys and there is no monetary reward to the members. Every dime we get in goes to the kids in need. The day begins with a bike parade into town, a family fun day (everything free) at a local park, kids games, bike games (some involving the kids) food and then a huge dance for the adults to culminate the day.

The money is dispersed to schools for feeding breakfast and lunch to students, special needs programs and such. Toys are dispersed to groups that provide emergency hampers and Christmas hampers, and Ambulance, Fire and police departments along with search and rescue get stuffies to give to kids in distress when the need arises.

We even support fund a minor camping program.

See

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #37377
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]
Wayne, how's Earlene? If you posted an update over the weekend, I haven't found it yet.
Compared to who? Oh...okay...I really think she is better because she has been nagging me with things to do, even go shopping with her. I have to go so I can keep an eye on her spending habits. She is still sore so I keep telling jokes to make the ribs heal faster. Not only did the left rib fracture, but the meat around the right rib pulled away and is more painful then the fracture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
[...]
Earlene, how are you...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Same reply as to Mel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Stay out of Waco, Tx!
Huh! Why! That can happen anyplace, anytime.

================================

Earlene said thanks for asking. We are off to see about tires for Citrus.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #37378
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,868
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave,



I had Cortisone shots in my spine prior to being approved for back surgery. The only result was they made me gain 50# and that was after I had gastric bypass! I won't ever take any sort or steroids again unless it's a life or death choice. If your pain has gone away you might think hard about that Cortisone shot. Every medication has some consequences and I sure don't like those.

I had one in my left shoulder 3 years ago. Still good to go!
I had several injections in my lumbar in 2005. That and isometrics keeps it in check.
The tarsals on the left side of my left foot were broken in 3 places oh so long ago. It has always been a faithful barometer!
The pain comes and goes at its own whim, and has been good/bad limp/cane since February of 12, but more troublesome as time goes on. Mildy painful now, but it will be back with vengeance in mind!
It is cortisone or surgery. I avoided the knife on my lumbar and shoulder. Hoping for a redux.
Or would that be a trifecta?
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #37379
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Stay out of Waco, Tx!
Other than trigger happy I spy types, who should we be afeared of in Waco?
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #37380
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,868
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Other than trigger happy I spy types, who should we be afeered of in Waco?

Wayne, if he there, and without curb feelers
__________________

__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« College Football | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
bokobird, jfjr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.