Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #37703

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Mutey's it's been an eventful two days here in Albuquerque. So we picked up Our Grand Kaylee at the airport but her luggage didn't come with her. Ugh all her competition gear in there of course. So they say it's on the next flight an hour behind hers. We leave and go eat lunch then arrive back at airport. Still no luggage. Frantic GD now! Now airline says it could arrive on any later flight so they will call us. GD beside herself now that she may not get to compete if the luggage doesn't arrive in time. Soooo super grandparents that we are we spring into action! We go to the Convention center were the meet is being held to see if vendors are there selling. Much to our surprise only one vender but not selling any leotards or any other stuff she needs. But they were helpful in sending us to a local gym where we we bought her a performance Leo, and luckily they had a used pair of leather grips they sold us that just happened to be in Kaylee's size ( that must have been a God thing cause those are special order only not sold in stores). Then it's off to Dicks Sporting Goods to get the vet wrap and tape and an ankle brace for the foot she broke in diving some time ago. We dash back over to the convention center so she can have a practice round. Whew we are beat!

This morning we decide to go back to airport to check and finally they confirm her bag will arrive in ten minutes on the flight that just landed. Whew! That kid has never been so excited to see a piece of luggage! Soooo here we are, she is showering and getting ready to go. Competition for her level at 4:00 so finally the world is back in balance!

I will post again tonite after the competition is over. Hopefully this experience won't affect her performance cause she has been a bundle of nerves. Keep your fingers crossed brothers and sisters!

#31 out

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #37704
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
My experience locally was a model of the stereotypical everything you ever thought about a dealership. My experience where I bought was two good ole boys, a bottle of scotch, and a laid back, easy to work with deal, on what I would say is a rather small lot with a total of maybe 18 trailers, 5 rv's mostly c's and a couple airstream B's. Most of em airstream, couple different brands, 3 bay service doors - that's it. (and they happen to be the tenth biggest mover of airstreams in the country - with only the two of em plus some ancillary staff. Maybe a total of 6 employees I saw in the building)

Vastly different experience, and more pleasing too. There was no "finance guy", there was no "round table in the middle of the showroom", nobody wore the same puffy white shirt that's too big with a logo on it, there were no golf carts, and the coffee was stale, nobody smoked - perfection!
Hmmmm. Someone has been to Holiday World of Houston. (I was there once; never again. )
Old 05-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #37705

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Beat of Luck to the gymnast Herb and Super Energy Omms to you and Barb!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #37706

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hmmmm. Someone has been to Holiday World of Houston. (I was there once; never again. )
I ain't mention'in no names of no body's.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #37707

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I ain't mention'in no names of no body's.
Well not now... now that ya reviewed them... should have named them at the beginning and told them so... I always mention my RVM Family and iRV2's reach when striking a deal. Doesn't hurt to say - 10k readers may see how this goes...
Old 05-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #37708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Hope the Field of Dreams is cool. Arizona sounds great! We are officially moving to a little town near El Paso called Van Horn. We leave Bonney Lake on 30 June.
Signing the closing papers on our stick and brick in a few minutes. Them heading to Brazels for a engine chip upgrade. Then off for 2 weeks vaca after all of those surgeries and a thumbs up from my Dr.

Stop by anytime and visit!

Texas here we come....

Well hey, Colleen and Hunter, congratulations on the new digs! Many of us use I-10 right thru Van Horn, so you may get more company than you bargained for!

Glad to hear doc has given you the all-clear so you can go off and vacay! 'Bout time, yes? Have a great time!
Old 05-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #37709

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Di..its called two foor-I-tiss, very common for boaters.

So we woke up at 2:00 AM, hit the road a little after 3 and pulled into the dealer at 10:15. I told them to expect us around 10:00. They get a gold star for having the 2008 Fleetwood Revolution inside for us. But it would have been a little better if the rear half of the interior lights worked. Dark bedroom and rear bath hard to see. Engine still had the orignal air filter, air dryer cartridge orignal, bottom of water filter laying in wet bay(froze?), pealing clear coat, fogged windows, batteries not secured, oil leak... just for starters.
No residental frig, no frig outside, no ladder extension, no windows on kitchen wall. Fairly low ball trade value so needless to say this is not the one.

Currently at a high school graduation party in Burlington Iowa.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #37710

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Di..its called two foor-I-tiss, very common for boaters.

So we woke up at 2:00 AM, hit the road a little after 3 and pulled into the dealer at 10:15. I told them to expect us around 10:00. They get a gold star for having the 2008 Fleetwood Revolution inside for us. But it would have been a little better if the rear half of the interior lights worked. Dark bedroom and rear bath hard to see. Engine still had the orignal air filter, air dryer cartridge orignal, bottom of water filter laying in wet bay(froze?), pealing clear coat, fogged windows, batteries not secured, oil leak... just for starters.
No residental frig, no frig outside, no ladder extension, no windows on kitchen wall. Fairly low ball trade value so needless to say this is not the one.

Currently at a high school graduation party in Burlington Iowa.
Bummer, that was a lot of effort for that.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #37711

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok Ed, now you know what you don't want, good luck finding what you do. I almost think that if I were looking for a newer coach I might start looking at those for sale by private owners. But they usually not won't take your current coach as trade.

A friend of mine bought a 3 year old luxury RV that originally sold for $1.5 million for only $189,000 cash. The guy passed away and his son stuck a for sale sign on it because he had no interest in RVing. My friend and his buddies took a few trips in it and he made a bucket load when he sold it.

Have you thought about shopping on the obituary page?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #37712

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ed and Jackie... I know you're on a short vacation leash but give a call if ya have any time to visit. Maybe we can find a place...
Old 05-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #37713

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So in mutant fashion we went roaming today. Found a nice 50 amp electric only park - with dump station. It's first come first serve and was pretty busy for the holiday. Picnic tables and fire rings and max 40 foot. It looked like that could be stretched a little. Wooded and beautiful. Followed the park road past many open picnic areas. All very nice. A few pics of the place to go and sit... and a few kids were swimming at the beach...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432426010398.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	95026   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432426038247.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	95027  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1432426077596.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	95028  
Old 05-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #37714

R U an RV Mutant too?

Ed, bring it to Dwayne for a week. No issues!
Jackie, you're not giving up, me thinks.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #37715

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So in mutant fashion we went roaming today. Found a nice 50 amp electric only park - with dump station. It's first come first serve and was pretty busy for the holiday. Picnic tables and fire rings and max 40 foot. It looked like that could be stretched a little. Wooded and beautiful. Followed the park road past many open picnic areas. All very nice. A few pics of the place to go and sit... and a few kids were swimming at the beach...

Swimming? Musta been from Kanukistan.
Looks really nice.
Di and Larry, be proud of your four-door brown. Got a name for it?
Old 05-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #37716

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Hope the Field of Dreams is cool. Arizona sounds great! We are officially moving to a little town near El Paso called Van Horn. We leave Bonney Lake on 30 June.
Signing the closing papers on our stick and brick in a few minutes. Them heading to Brazels for a engine chip upgrade. Then off for 2 weeks vaca after all of those surgeries and a thumbs up from my Dr.

Stop by anytime and visit!

Texas here we come....

You are making a giant leap into a wonderful realm, youse two!
Ride dat Rainbow, STMs.
Congrats, and watch out for incoming RVMs! One day we shall pounce.