Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #3767

My Trane worked it's butt off this summer. It was the hottest on record for AZ.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #3768

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
There is a copy of RVM News Vol. 1, Issue 1 posted on the RVM2RVM website. Here's a link

Yahoo! Groups

You'll find it under Messages

Oh, but you'll need to join the group in order to read the archives. Just click the "Join Group" button and I'll approve all current RVMs ASAP.

You see this is a place where we can say anything we want without fear of moderator censorship, or Spam mongers. There is also a community calendar, a place to store photos, a group chat feature, a group Poll feature and all sorts of useful tools.

Come join us. When we get closer to the Spring Curiosity, I know it will be important that everyone be connected and it is as easy to use as sending an email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ok, it seems like the best way to get on the list is to send me a PM thru irv2. Just include the email address you want your messages sent to in your PM.

Growing pains are tougher the older we get.
OK, rejoined Yahoo...now known as Toyduck.RMV19..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #3769

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Have you noticed that the thread is moving so fast now it is requiring more and more post that reply to post by various posters?

Looking good Davedeb1.

Thanks for the warning Toyduck.

Your right, we do need our own logo OKmunky

Good luck on the blue flame Dunner!

See what I mean!
Yea, I discovered that MULTI+ thingy...otherwise I would forget

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #3770

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Davdeb1, is that supposed to be one of those quizzes where you find 10 things that are different between the two pictures?
Nope, just trouble posting:-) :-) :-) it accidentally posted twice.
This was a treacherous drive, on the way, and in the park also.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #3771

Quote:
My Trane worked it's butt off this summer. It was the hottest on record for AZ.
What a bummer! I hate high AC utility bills. Usually why we spend summers up north. Was the wettest for us here. Lived through 33 straight days of rain in Ohio, when we came back to vegas... whoopee...more flooding to wash all the ash off the mountains into our front yards...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #3772

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
Seems to me since we all met and meet on iRV2 that logo should be included as a base and just add a littl mutant to it or something... just an idea popping around although I am hardly crafty.
I think they are incorporated and copywrited - and don't want to entangle with that. Besides - when we incorporate and copywrite - don't them honing in our action.

I know my early and hurried logo attempt wasn't up to snuff but the constructs need to be there in part at least - methinks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-252514688.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	46637
We don't have to use pictures
We can have a caricature of Sena - I think we need a rainbow, we initially had the wave of greeting and good bye - and the handshake of friendship. Should have The journey is the destination and RVM.

I still have some credit at iStock photo from another venture and can look for a nice rainbow background - perhaps "the journey quote" will fit / follow the curve of the rainbow - perhaps a Sena at one end of the rainbow and something else on the other end. With RVM under the rainbow. Just throwing it out there as an idea.

Anyone is welcome to whip something up - and submit. Last time the quest got away from us. Maybe we have a contest - submit your logo by Dec 31st and we vote. As they come in - I'll capture them and get them out in newsletter so their in one place - and on the group serve and we vote. That gives us several months to incorporate into things before the CL Curiosity.

Don - Toy Duck - can ya give us a copywriter ruling etc on borrowing the forum logo? My sense is - some of us pay to support iRV2 - but they don't support - sponsor or affiliate with us in any way. That's why I think Bruce retired his RVM # when he became a moderator and why Sarah and Cliff wouldn't join us. The three of them and I suspect all the mods are mutants at heart - they just can't be associated formally in case a mutant or two runs amuck.

Ponder on the logo contest. Gotta grill some bird.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #3773

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I think they are incorporated and copywrited - and don't want to entangle with that. Besides - when we incorporate and copywrite - don't them honing in our action.

I know my early and hurried logo attempt wasn't up to snuff but the constructs need to be there in part at least - methinks.
Attachment 46637
We don't have to use pictures
We can have a caricature of Sena - I think we need a rainbow, we initially had the wave of greeting and good bye - and the handshake of friendship. Should have The journey is the destination and RVM.

I still have some credit at iStock photo from another venture and can look for a nice rainbow background - perhaps "the journey quote" will fit / follow the curve of the rainbow - perhaps a Sena at one end of the rainbow and something else on the other end. With RVM under the rainbow. Just throwing it out there as an idea.

Anyone is welcome to whip something up - and submit. Last time the quest got away from us. Maybe we have a contest - submit your logo by Dec 31st and we vote. As they come in - I'll capture them and get them out in newsletter so their in one place - and on the group serve and we vote. That gives us several months to incorporate into things before the CL Curiosity.

Don - Toy Duck - can ya give us a copywriter ruling etc on borrowing the forum logo? My sense is - some of us pay to support iRV2 - but they don't support - sponsor or affiliate with us in any way. That's why I think Bruce retired his RVM # when he became a moderator and why Sarah and Cliff wouldn't join us. The three of them and I suspect all the mods are mutants at heart - they just can't be associated formally in case a mutant or two runs amuck.

Ponder on the logo contest. Gotta grill some bird.
RVM2
It seems to me the purpose of a copyright is the ability to issue cease and desist notices, but would not prevent the loan of any said logo or other copyrighted item or parlance. In fact, as fast as RVMdom is growing it may be necessary to assume a Trademark status, which only requires that said notice be place next to the trademarked name or logo (RMVMutant (TM)).

I certainly understand the positions of the moderators; a degree of neutrality must be maintained to insure fairness to all concerned.

A logo contest would be most interesting; allowing us to see the excellent creativity us mutant possess

PS: I did like your logo.
PSS: I hope your refer problems are working out and not hindering your mutational travel!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #3774

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Don - refer is good - it's a mutantmiracle!

I just checked - you're 400 miles from Tucson - you may win the RVM Winter 14 Curiosity distinction - somewhere down those parts?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #3775

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's not Colorado, but it is the Colorado River between Kingsland and Llano Tx - where on one side of the road there is this Attachment 46630
and on the other side
Attachment 46631
Just a small hill but that's why it's called the Texas Hill Country and not Mountain Country. Gotta go further south to find what approximates mountains in Texas.
RVM2
that is between marble falls and kingsland not llano lol

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #3776

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Yes, I would like to know that also. It would be a 1400 mile trip, so some serious scheduling would be necessary with the DW...This is her busy season at her restaurant and I would hate to leave her behind... Scan alert! There has been a lot of that happening in the Vegas area recently, I would take the check to the bank and have them check and see if it's real.. and don't use a Nigerian bank... Yahoo canceled my account for non-use..now I can't get my beloved handle back.. I thought we pondered the "re" potential.. if you have ever had a train (model trains included) you can definitely be retrained! Now this is not to be confused with Trane, which is a whole other matter pertaining to staying cool... Love em! Particularly the vanilla ones...
Don and Judy the answer is yes the park will have availability for last minute bookings. The manager told me that the racing season ends the week before we show up so it will be a low period for them and he indicated he would work with us for last minute attendees to get you in our area of the park by saving close spots as long as he could which should not be a problem.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #3777

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
As for a logo... I personally love Don aka. toy duck's avatar. Would love to incorporate that into our logo......just like toyduck it just fits.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #3778

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed

that is between marble falls and kingsland not llano lol
We did the loop Marble Falls - Horseshoe Bay - to Llano - Llano to 29 - to Kingsland - Granite Shoals to Marble Falls. It was somewhere along 29 and before 1431. Don't have a GPS. But we're here!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #3779

Quote:
Davdeb1, is that supposed to be one of those quizzes where you find 10 things that are different between the two pictures?
I thought it was a stereo pic that would come to life if I focused my eyes between them.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #3780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey, glad you're back, even for a quick chat. How's that class going for you? It sounds time consuming. And brain draining. (DH used to speak of things giving him "brain ache".)Best if luck with it.

Keep in touch when you can.

Cheers!
Sue #36
thanks Sue!

So far it's just a review of binary math and base 16 math. Luckily teacher is pretty good and hasn't confused me.... when that happens I start fighting the curriculum. lol I am taking this for fun... so hopefully the Brain drain won't be too bad.