Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #38249

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
You lot are a bunch of nutters.
My wife Pat and I along with our Bassets Stan and Gus will be hitting the road in about 6 months. Easy enough just got to find a suitable DP, drive up 95 to 10, take a left and go from there.
I feel we have suitable attributes to join in with you guys....questionable sanity, laugh until it hurts, a sometimes twisted and very irreverent sense of humor and in my case a great intolerance for PC, oh, and a general dislike of most people if you know what I mean.
Pat enjoys a wine or 6, I prefer coffee and cigars.
We live in Florida now, France for 7 years ( that's where I developed my dislike of people) She's a Chicago girl originally and I'm Welsh although I've been a very proud American Citizen for over 30 years.
We've been known to throw outrageous party's so watch this space.
Barry, AKA Le Cochon Volont

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
You have what it takes to be a mutant - RVM114 in fact. Just make the two declarations above...
RV doesn't have x,y,z and don't miss it and The Journey is the destination. The keys to the RVMdom await - the rainbow is yours for the asking.

Better hurry though cause numbers are being issued all the time...

Get ready with the mop, broom and dustpan 113 - a prospective mutant has taken the bait.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:08 PM   #38250
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok where do I start thank you just don't say enough. I love y'all. Transmission is out going to the shop tomorrow morning. I know pics or I didn't happen. Well here you go. We have what we need to get it done thanks to y'all
So glad y'all are finally able to get the tyranny to the shop! Woot x10! 😊
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #38251

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

Tyranny the Tranny?
Or
Tranny is Tyranny....
You are showing your rainbow colors... Colours.... Colurs.... Colores.... HUES...

Night all

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #38252

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Sound perfect! I have a kitchen aid but have had a cutter for years and can't seem to part with it ;-)
We really need to have a mini c Di, we would have a great time cooking together.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Can I join ya? I don't want to cook, just be the official taste tester. Yummmmm, I can almost smell it now. I could do some of the prep work and promise to stay out of the way of you pros.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #38253

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Lol... payback brother.. I sat idlely by for a long time watching you and Nola have a blast on the rainbow. We're just getting started. So come on mutants - let's fill The Grand Poobahs dance card with nifty places to see and things to do - as in Journey!!!

My new hat and T-shirt.... fitting in a way... and if you didn't catch it above.... look again at what someone who neither travels nor works is...
Gosh Steve, according to that you are a tramp. It would appear that Hobos were a sexist lot. We're there no female hobos?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #38254

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Gosh Steve, according to that you are a tramp. It would appear that Hobos were a sexist lot. We're there no female hobos?
I have indeed retired. Somehow we didn't get a pic of the females. There were several there but it was a challenging life and different times. Each year there is A King and Queen at the convention.

Stole this ethical code of the Hobo from the wiki...

An ethical code was created by Tourist Union #63 during its 1889 National Hobo Convention in St. Louis Missouri.[17] This code was voted upon as a concrete set of laws to govern the Nationwide Hobo Body; it reads this way:

1. Decide your own life, don't let another person run or rule you.

2. When in town, always respect the local law and officials, and try to be a gentleman at all times.

3. Don't take advantage of someone who is in a vulnerable situation, locals or other hobos.

4. Always try to find work, even if temporary, and always seek out jobs nobody wants. By doing so you not only help a business along, but ensure employment should you return to that town again.

5. When no employment is available, make your own work by using your added talents at crafts.

6. Do not allow yourself to become a stupid drunk and set a bad example for locals' treatment of other hobos.

7. When jungling in town, respect handouts, do not wear them out, another hobo will be coming along who will need them as badly, if not worse than you.

8. Always respect nature, do not leave garbage where you are jungling.

9. If in a community jungle, always pitch in and help.

10. Try to stay clean, and boil up wherever possible.

11. When traveling, ride your train respectfully, take no personal chances, cause no problems with the operating crew or host railroad, act like an extra crew member.

12. Do not cause problems in a train yard, another hobo will be coming along who will need passage through that yard.

13. Do not allow other hobos to molest children, expose all molesters to authorities, they are the worst garbage to infest any society.

14. Help all runaway children, and try to induce them to return home.

15. Help your fellow hobos whenever and wherever needed, you may need their help someday.

16. If present at a hobo court and you have testimony, give it. Whether for or against the accused, your voice counts!

Hmmm...
Old 06-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #38255
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok where do I start thank you just don't say enough. I love y'all. Transmission is out going to the shop tomorrow morning. I know pics or I didn't happen. Well here you go. We have what we need to get it done thanks to y'all
Don't go breakin' it again or we are coming after you!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #38256

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Can I join ya? I don't want to cook, just be the official taste tester. Yummmmm, I can almost smell it now. I could do some of the prep work and promise to stay out of the way of you pros.

Of course you can anyone that wants to come is welcome. Just have to see if Di is in and figure out a time. We will be there around the 6th of July on a permanent basis. I will scope out the RV parks when we arrive.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:21 PM   #38257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Not GF, but good... Made homemade noodles yesterday....

Attachment 95875 Attachment 95876

Nope no pasta roller... Had to use my pizza cutter..... Maybe one day i will get one....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Mmm-mmm! No cutter? Who cares? Those are lookin so good I can smell em from here!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #38258

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Most is behind glass and little hard to get the right angle.

Did you happen to see any hobo nickels? They carved coins into all sorts, many using the buffalo, but also characatures and other subjects.

Looks like a fun museum. Good pics.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #38259

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
You lot are a bunch of nutters.
My wife Pat and I along with our Bassets Stan and Gus will be hitting the road in about 6 months. Easy enough just got to find a suitable DP, drive up 95 to 10, take a left and go from there.
I feel we have suitable attributes to join in with you guys....questionable sanity, laugh until it hurts, a sometimes twisted and very irreverent sense of humor and in my case a great intolerance for PC, oh, and a general dislike of most people if you know what I mean.
Pat enjoys a wine or 6, I prefer coffee and cigars.
We live in Florida now, France for 7 years ( that's where I developed my dislike of people) She's a Chicago girl originally and I'm Welsh although I've been a very proud American Citizen for over 30 years.
We've been known to throw outrageous party's so watch this space.
Barry, AKA Le Cochon Volont

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Well hey, Barry! You got us pegged about right. Now, if someone else hasn't already tole ya, go back and read a few of the very first posts on this thread. Membership requirements are tough but I'm confident you can make the grade. Dues and fees to me, please.

Cheers,
Sue #36
Old 06-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #38260

Whee! Ketched up yet again. Now c'n I go to bed? Thanks, I will. 😘😴😴
Old 06-02-2015, 03:18 AM   #38261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Yep.... Wish ya were here,,,, would much rather pay you than CW to put new ac unit in.... Oh well....
Glad you got enough to get it fixed...

If you could wait I'd do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Woot x 1000:Smiley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Don't go breakin' it again or we are coming after you!!
I'll try not too but I broke the transfer case also but I can rebuild that.. so it's all good.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #38262

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Did you happen to see any hobo nickels? They carved coins into all sorts, many using the buffalo, but also characatures and other subjects.

Looks like a fun museum. Good pics.
Sue... the museum is in an old theatre and we could have spent several hours there. As it is, the museum is actually closed.

From the Hobo Grapevine on their website....

"Regrettably Linda and Mary Jo Hughes have resigned from the
Hobo Foundation. At this time the Hobo Museum is closed until we have hired a new staff.
We wish Mary Jo and Linda all the best in the future.
5/11//15"

http://www.hobo.com/museum.html

However - a very nice guy - and long time - 40 year veteran of the Annual Convention was there and kind enough to let us tour it on our own. He was not a tour guide but was very knowledgeable. He was busy unpacking hats and things. So we tried not to bother him and hurried a bit.

He didn't even charge us to visit - normally $3 per person I believe. We asked if we could contribute and he came up with a can for contributions. We dropped 10 in the bucket and he found the prices to sell me the shirt and hat. It was well worth the visit. We will plan to return one day - maybe even to attend the Convention. It would certainly be something to see. Music - poetry - art and probably a darn good time. It's a small town and it would be interesting to see it with 20 k hobos and folks celebrating the life and times.

Most of their items were collected locally from past conventions back to 1900. He said they are looking to acquire items at a more national level. They want to document the whole hobo experience.

He did tell us about the current hobos - there are some that are still riding the rails and have gotten good and not getting caught. Even Gen Xers are riding the rails - this is one of those places that gets 5 mutant monkey recommendations. Very mutant and the Hobo Code of Ethics could very well be ours.

So what shall we see today... so many things - so much time... it's great to be on the outer rainbow. So glad we went full time and jumped to the outer rainbow!