10 REASONS WHY WE LOVE VISITING THE MINERS!
Originally Posted by Wayne M
It happened. Mini-C with Jeannie and Dave. Bob and Stephanie could not make it today. Stephanie had her eye surgery.
(And a great time.)
1. They eat at the best places and have really cool electronics.
2. Their canine companion Miya is entertaining, and despite what you may have otherwise heard, she is the true ruler of the abode. This is as it should be.
3. There is fun artwork on the walls, include an original "DI", one of the pretty pepper ones.
4. And since I carried out the dirty old printer, there is not a speck of dust in that house.
5. Wayne has a real family, (both ancestors and descendants) as substantiated by the photographs placed strategically around their home. This is proof positive that he was birthed and not hatched, thus relieving a fear shared by many of us mutants.
6. Earlene's berry cobbler-like stuff? I wish I could spell scrumptious! I haven't done my oral hygiene so the flavorful blackberry seeds that are caught in my teeth do not become dislodged.
7. The tree in their backyard took my breath away. My chin dropped and I just stood there, awe stricken. "Wow".
8. There's vodka in their orange juice. Wayne calls it a smoothee, but I called it "yummy" before my words began to slur ... then it was more like "yoooomeeee", burp. "gimmemour".
9. Earlene's car (see photo below): That IS the BEST ride in America. It's like sitting in your living room and watching street signs go by.
10. Galveston Bay's sunset? Only a picture will do that justice.
Anyway, they said to come back soon, so Dave and I are planning to go see them again tomorrow ... and the next day ... and the next day ...