Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #38711

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
CR-V Mutant is in the shop! estimated out 6/29 :(

They may get it out early but for now the 29th looks like the day. Now to figure the escape plan that will get us to Vegas by 7/20...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #38712

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

They may get it out early but for now the 29th looks like the day. Now to figure the escape plan that will get us to Vegas by 7/20...
South to Omaha, west to Salt lake City and south west to Vegas. According to my plod-o-meter that takes 4 3/4 days at 60.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #38713

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Someone , keeps poking me with a stick to see if I am alive, lol. That's OK, it's nice to be thought of!

Trying to get the trailer roadworthy. A shut-off valve to the heater cracked in the -40 temps this winter and it has to be repaired so we can have water. I have not been on the net so much, as our service is basically c**p now. Every time it rains we lose both phone and internet when the phone lines get wet. I am having to use our wireless hotspot to work from home, so trying to protect the bandwidth and not go over our allotment. We are trying to sell our little bit of paradise and move into the local small town in order to be closer to services and get better internet. We have an offer on a gorgeous old brick home, the kind with foot high wood baseboards, front and back staircase, etc. conditional on our selling here. We did have our place sold (we thought) last week, but the deal fell through because the purchasers did not qualify for financing. Hoping to do lots of more local trailer trips this summer. If we don't sell here, then we may be looking for a park model in an RV park in Florida when we go down for a month in November. Lookin' forward to better internet someday.

So glad to hear from you! I had asked a couple times, but never thought about poking you. So that eventually works, does it? Hmmm.

Lousy Internet sure messes with your mood. Been there. Even now, signal is better at one end of the house than the other. Makes me nuts. ...er. Nutser.

Best of luck on the house exchange. The one you've put an offer on sounds a bit like our Victorian. They're wonderful places.

Keep us posted when you can. We are the rest of your family, ya know!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #38714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
And Jade looks a bit puzzled. Was there water in the bowl??? Cat. Water. Don't generally mix. Color me puzzled too. 😳
Yes she likes water ??? She is black with blue eyes

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #38715

Wayne it's called a high lift jack

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #38716

Quote:
And

Like your hometown park. Love the rocks. Looks a bit like Marble Falls on steroids. Sioux Falls sounds as if they should be mine, so your new hometown is now on my list.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #38717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Yes she likes water ??? She is black with blue eyes

Part Panther? Amazing cat!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #38718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Salt lamp, Himalayan pink salt, pink rock salt...they go by different names. Amazon and Google both get you there. Make sure it's the lamp, not the culinary salt (for this purpose).

It sounds like snake oil, but truly is not: heating the salt releases ions into the air. The ions, being charged particles, attract pollens and dust particles in the air and bind to them. The particles are now too heavy to float, so they settle to the floor.

My symptoms disappeared w/in 2 days. Others I loaned my lamp to have said they were much improved in that time. Now, who was it at ReduxCL? Mel? Jackie? (Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!)
It was me, Sue. Now I have one in Kansas, and two here in Vegas!
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #38719

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Oh HAIL...that's a long time!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #38720

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lol... it's hailacious is what it is!
Have to drive around in a used Hyundai Santa Fe... when did Enterprise start putting dirty cars on the road. Eek... we've all heard that rving beats sleeping in another rented bed while traveling. I am adding rental cars to the list... not certain it's wide spread, but I may be spotting a trend???
Old 06-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #38721

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
It was me, Sue. Now I have one in Kansas, and two here in Vegas!

Sorry for my loss of memory!!!

Folks, there's a testimonial for you! She even ordered the first one before leaving CL, to make sure they arrived home about the same time.

My neighbor here used my lamp for a couple of days, then ordered two for her house and several for gifts, including one for each of her daughters. You reckon she's convinced?

I should claim a commission! I don't have to tell 'em I licked their lamp, do I?
Old 06-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #38722

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tell who? What? Sue???
Old 06-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #38723

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

Ouch, sounds similar to my "repair time" that went from 4 days to three weeks!

Quote:
Lol... it's hailacious is what it is!
Have to drive around in a used Hyundai Santa Fe... when did Enterprise start putting dirty cars on the road. Eek... we've all heard that rving beats sleeping in another rented bed while traveling. I am adding rental cars to the list... not certain it's wide spread, but I may be spotting a trend???
Fortunately for me, the dealership has arranged to provide me a free loaner car which hopefully won't be like that. I wound up renting a Ford Focus from Enterprise prior to them discovering things were more involved and I'm like you, what a piece of trash that thing was. Glad I only got stuck with it for going home and then going back to get the car back while waiting for parts.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #38724

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wayne, I erred. Pushed a button. Sorry pal.
You two get a room...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433796804580.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	96666   Click image for larger version

Name:	1433796885879.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	96668