Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #39019

Fleetwood Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Leaving Monday for Waldport Oregon and then Canada. Out until November so we hope to meet some mutants while touring. We will attend the iRV2 national rally. Walking the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day with friends from the UP, I am a YOOPER born in Ontonagon. Installed an IKEA computer desk and chair today in place of the Love seat, a useful addition to some wasted space. Posted pix on the Fleetwood owners page. Under $200 so an affordable upgrade. Alan and Linda

Everything is small stuff

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #39020

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Leaving Monday for Waldport Oregon and then Canada. Out until November so we hope to mee

Hey look e eyeryone... RVM21 is on the rainbow again and so excited he could hardly finish his post. That's true mutant!

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #39021

Fleetwood Owners Club
Got to love how touching the iPad screen has unintended consequences. I edited the post so you now can partake in my entire post and wisdom of the day.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #39022

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Got to love how touching the iPad screen has unintended consequences. I edited the post so you now can partake in my entire post and wisdom of the day.

My computer desk install. Alan
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434241633.361078.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	97184

Old 06-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #39023

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
My computer desk install. Alan
Attachment 97184

Looks great! And functional which is a bonus!

Maybe you'll be able to meet Possum and Dogpatch in Canada... here there's only about 500 miles between them... lol.

Or some of us in Bryce in Aug... or Idaho in Sep... or AZ in winter... or elsewhere on the rainbow. Seek and yee shall find mutants...
Old 06-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #39024

Permit me, dear friends, to quote to you excerpts from an article in the July issue of MotorHome.

The author is Alan Rider. He is pondering that motorhome owners are, by nature, a diverse and independent bunch but if it were possible to get all of us to agree on any one thing, he’d like to think it might be that Woody Guthrie’s “This Land is Your Land” would be a fine official ode to our favorite mode of transportation.

Alan goes on to say that after 50 years of traveling, he’s still so smitten with life on the road that he’s generally not picky about the final destination. “Because, as Robert Louis Stevenson put it ‘I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move’ ”

Later on in his piece, Alan says he’s discovered something else we share – something quite unexpected that explains this boundless enthusiasm for travel. “I’m talking genetics here, people” he says.

He had recently read that scientists have found a gene that might help explain our wanderlust. It’s essentially a variation of a gene named DRD4 that controls dopamine, a neurotransmitter that stimulates the reward and pleasure centers of the brain. “Researchers say that some 20% of human beings have a version of that gene known as DRD4-7R that’s linked to restlessness and curiosity, leading those of us blessed with it to regularly crave new sights and experiences.”

Alan then suggests those of us who are in the minority and who understand this urge to wander need to stick together because, frankly, not everyone gets the fact that ‘any day on the road is a good day’.

Finally, Alan calls us to raise a toast to Woody Guthrie who reminds us that this land truly is our land and to genetic mutations that make us eager to get out and explore it.

Thank you, Alan, for that article – it made me smile.

Martin (36.5)
(I wonder if Alan Rider is already signed up as a mutant)
Old 06-13-2015, 08:53 PM   #39025
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Permit me, dear friends, to quote to you excerpts from an article in the July issue of MotorHome.

The author is Alan Rider. He is pondering that motorhome owners are, by nature, a diverse and independent bunch but if it were possible to get all of us to agree on any one thing, he’d like to think it might be that Woody Guthrie’s “This Land is Your Land” would be a fine official ode to our favorite mode of transportation.

Alan goes on to say that after 50 years of traveling, he’s still so smitten with life on the road that he’s generally not picky about the final destination. “Because, as Robert Louis Stevenson put it ‘I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move’ ”

Later on in his piece, Alan says he’s discovered something else we share – something quite unexpected that explains this boundless enthusiasm for travel. “I’m talking genetics here, people” he says.

He had recently read that scientists have found a gene that might help explain our wanderlust. It’s essentially a variation of a gene named DRD4 that controls dopamine, a neurotransmitter that stimulates the reward and pleasure centers of the brain. “Researchers say that some 20% of human beings have a version of that gene known as DRD4-7R that’s linked to restlessness and curiosity, leading those of us blessed with it to regularly crave new sights and experiences.”

Alan then suggests those of us who are in the minority and who understand this urge to wander need to stick together because, frankly, not everyone gets the fact that ‘any day on the road is a good day’.

Finally, Alan calls us to raise a toast to Woody Guthrie who reminds us that this land truly is our land and to genetic mutations that make us eager to get out and explore it.

Thank you, Alan, for that article – it made me smile.

Martin (36.5)
(I wonder if Alan Rider is already signed up as a mutant)

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434246750.648363.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  106.1 KB

MY GENES ARE GETTING TOO TIGHT......

In the same issue was a write up on one of the sister campgrounds to Catherines Landing, where Ed went after he left us, i think.....

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434246774.796333.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  113.9 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434246803.084153.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  106.6 KB

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #39026

Lol. Actually he was nominated for best supporting actor in the theater group and...won! We are both so happy to be back. Celebrating Grands graduations are wonderful but the delayed rainbow riding is hard. I will try to remember to map us on the village as we go.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #39027

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Attachment 97189

MY GENES ARE GETTING TOO TIGHT......

In the same issue was a write up on one of the sister campgrounds to Catherines Landing, where Ed went after he left us, i think.....

Attachment 97191 Attachment 97192

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Does it hail there?
Old 06-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #39028
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Alan,

I know that trick only too well. I have a monkey and a hyperactive little dog who have helped send premature messages from me.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #39029

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ Martin... Ya don't post often, but when ya do...!

So something we mutants recognized back in 2013 and in fairness to all - long before that, is now being confirmed by science. Well bless their hearts lol.

Yep - they're almost there. They know it's in our genes. They know we go for the journey. They know the mutation. They know the curiosity. Seems they're short 1 that I'm not sure they'll catch on to. Unless of course they actually get an RV and don't miss what they don't have.

Great find Martin.

Edit... he may not be a mutant - but he may well be a lurker. Lol.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #39030
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Monkey has landed

RVM Central, this is Okmunky. Roger RVM Central, we hear you loud and clear. RVM Central, Okmunky wishes to inform you that the monkey has landed in Seattle as scheduled.

Okmunky, over and out.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #39031
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
RVM Central, this is Okmunky. Roger RVM Central, we hear you loud and clear. RVM Central, Okmunky wishes to inform you that the monkey has landed in Seattle as scheduled.

Okmunky, over and out.
Congrats and I bet you're glad to be in a place to rest!!!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:44 PM   #39032
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
There are two sizes most are the smaller of the 2. What the diameter is I'm not sure.
Either 0.445 to 0.461" or 0.618 to 0.633" dia hole.

I believe that .453 is a more common diameter for autos.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote