Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #39117

Fleetwood Owners Club
RVM 66 checking in...

and, since it's 11:30, checking right back out and headed for bed...

Goodnight All...

Dave

(I do hang around here for a little while just about every night just to keep caught up, just don't have a lot to say most of the time)

Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
On the Go - Finally..
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #39118

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'm probably cowboy hat - which I have - and Marshall badge... .
Badges, we don't need no badges!
We don't need no stinking BADGES!

Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #39119

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
You can get em elsewhere and even in Texas - but they're proud of em $$

Oh trust me they are proud of them here too. But I know the grower do get good deals.......of course that will soon cost me to ship this like this too so maybe not such a good deal anymore. Lol

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:48 PM   #39120

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Rainer cherries were $5/pound near Yakima, WA but they don't keep long. I opted for the $3 jumbo sweets. Sena and I both have red tongues. Super yummy!

We love them both and are getting both this weekend. I love the red sweet cherries too.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Old 06-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #39121

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT........
first ever.... For us.... Camping World fixit....... In less than one day..

Larry had made an appointment for 10:30 today to get the front AC unit replaced...
He had bought the replacement prior to the holey HAIL.... It was just too heavy for us to lift it up there....
Our thinking was, we would be lucky to get the rolling condo back in a month.......

First CW called in Friday to confirm the appointment, we took it in at 10 today, they called us at 1 and said it was ready.
Still cannot believe it.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

WOW that's amazing Di!

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Old 06-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #39122

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
We love them both and are getting both this weekend. I love the red sweet cherries too.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Mee too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434427137169.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	97385  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #39123
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
#89 checking in. Family stuff has been going on so haven't been on the forum.

Kate helped officiate her niece's wedding at her friend's ranch that's 1&1/2 hrs from us. Bow took us down on Friday night. Wedding was Saturday at 4:00. After the reception, there was a big party in the barn. You would've sworn it was a bunch of RVMs! They served mesquite grilled steaks and quail. OMG. The best and most tender steak I've ever had. Mesquite smoked. HEAVEN. Great live music, dancing (nope, not me!) and a bar you would've been proud of, Steve.

I'll post a few pics of Kate and the wildflowers tomorrow. The wildflowers blanketed everything. Fields of them Stunning.

We met a woman the WA state side of the Columbia River Valley. She invited us to park Bow for awhile at her place (7 acres) when we're on our tour of the country. I believe we'll take her up on that offer! Want to visit some Columbia River Valley wineries.

Tim, we're supposed to have scattered thunderstorms. The playa lake near our house is close to overflowing. We've had more rain to date this year than we get in an entire year, normally.

Gotta hit the hay.

Take care, Muties. G'night.

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 PM   #39124
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Neat, looks pretty easy to launch a boat with the water table so high up like that
Trust me, you do not want to be on that side of the dike with the chop like that. It will whittle you down and beat you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT........
first ever.... For us.... Camping World fixit....... In less than one day..

Larry had made an appointment for 10:30 today to get the front AC unit replaced...
He had bought the replacement prior to the holey HAIL.... It was just too heavy for us to lift it up there....
Our thinking was, we would be lucky to get the rolling condo back in a month.......

First CW called in Friday to confirm the appointment, we took it in at 10 today, they called us at 1 and said it was ready.
Still cannot believe it.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Way to go CW! Our first experience with repairs at a camping world resulted in the same experience that you had. No complaints.

Quote:
Goodnight Di!
[...]
Wayne - how high's the water momma... 2 feet and risin' ???

[...]
Uh huh! Rising, rising, rising with an expected surge on the coast line of about 4-5 feet. Plus a deluge of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Wayne, serious for a moment, you be sure to get Earlene and Miya to higher secure ground! Praying y'all are out of harms way!

That also goes out to you other Texans, Jne, Dave, Stefanie and Bob and all others that may find themselves in this storms way! Mel and Kate not sure if your in the path.
Mel and Kate! If they get rising water from this here storm Arkansas is in trouble. They are 565 miles north of us here on the coast. Little Pebble is only 474 miles.

We are staying in place, hoping for the best. Storm starts around 4 a.m. tomorrow morning. Really to late to leave town then and to sleepy to leave now. Hoping for the best.

The landing is supposed to be in Matagorda, TX which is SW of us. Since we are on the West side of the storm we will be on the "dirty" side and expecting large downpours. Possibility of up to 8"-10" of rain. Now, let us hope that the storm system we have in place will protect us. There is a sea wall around Texas City that was designed to stop a 20 foot tidal surge. Galveston is a barrier reef for us and when Ike hit with 25' surge on Galveston, it was about 16-17 feet when it hit our sea wall. We also have 8 pumps, Archimedes principle, that will each pump 125,000 gallons per minute of rain/flood water. It's a slow process but it works. However when so much rain is expected to come all at once - who knows. We have had high water in the streets and up into the yard, but so far we have been very lucky and none in the house.

Pray please.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:23 AM   #39125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Deb, I resemble that remark. More than one of us could be the product model for that statue. Large size usually equals extra cost and that is why I am begging out of the "Bryce dude dress-up like a cowboy night". I know that Goodwill Stores do exist but have you seen anyd size 58 or 4x cowboy chaps, holsters, shirts, or vests? I looked on line and the cost of one night's dress up is mortifying.

I could dress up as Bernie as in "Weekend at Bernie's". I could just sit there motionless and appear mortified at my surroundings. Some of my fellow mutants would appear "mortifying" in chaps and vests. LOL

As for trail rides in Bryce, the trail horse union has certain by-laws that prohibit my participation. Their health insurance will not cover such a level of risk. And that's all I have to say about that.
Hay papaw if I make it there I'll bring you out in our jeep. It doesn't eat or drink. But there will be no wining or complaints. It's a hold on and watch this type of ride.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:10 AM   #39126

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

As for trail rides in Bryce, the trail horse union has certain by-laws that prohibit my participation. Their health insurance will not cover such a level of risk. And that's all I have to say about that.
Papa Steve I'm still looking for a trail ride company that has Clydesdales for myself. Maybe we can team up and find some of those 20 Mules Borax Mule Teams, then we can take many of the others riding with us!

That offer from Dwayne sounds like fun!

Have great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #39127

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - just read the 7 am warning on Bill... it looks like ya may get wetter but dodge a bullet. Sure hope for the best down there. Having grown up a few miles from you I know quickly things can change. Hopefully the surge is limited to the 2 feet or so the warning mentioned.

Be safe down there.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #39128

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
RVM 66 checking in...

and, since it's 11:30, checking right back out and headed for bed...

Goodnight All...

Dave

(I do hang around here for a little while just about every night just to keep caught up, just don't have a lot to say most of the time)
Are you sure you're reading... haven't ya noticed the rest of us don't have a lot to say either... lol.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #39129

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
First morning here that the picnic table wasn't covered in dew. Not sure what that means for the rest of the day, but the Weatherbug says cooler... hanging out 30+ miles from Sioux Falls is proving to be a good call for pleasant weather. I do believe the curse has been lifted!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434459676734.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	97403  
Old 06-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #39130
RVM1

1. Be safe. Don't mess with Bill.
2. Unseasonable low temps in SD.
3. Must find a way to breeze thru PA to far New England next year. Humidity too dang high here!
4. Jury duty starts 7/15
5. Have squirtgun will travel.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote