Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #3935
KAS

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
... It is, after all, the *rainbow* we're on!
hmmm, does this mean that our anthem is that lovely tune, Rainbow Connection, sung by Kermit the Frog in the original classic Muppet Movie? But also done beautifully by the Carpenters? (um, and am I dating myself?)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Me too so I went and played a bit. Hopefully this link will work. Catherine
Hey Dennis !!!

The link works fine, and looking at the spots we can do pull-thru or back in just as long as I can tuck all 40' in, I dont really need lake side although they do look nice, I have to say the DW and I are really looking forward to the Curiosity, and the chance to visit AR for the very first time as well.

And to chime in on wealth, wealth is a frame of mind, I have known people that had or earned twice as much as I ever did or ever will, but they were miserable and Ive known people that had less than I did and they couldnt have been happier. life is what you make it, stuff is just that stuff, and you really learn that when you begin to have garage sales to sell that stuff. You know what you paid for it or at least have a good idea, and then when someone looks at it and what you have it priced at, and then they offer you half.... .... it makes you realize that its just stuff and if you dont want to store it, then take what you're offered and save the memories of why you got it in the first place.

Personally I am quite happy and satisfied that we have gotten rid of most of the stuff that held us at the S&B, we still have the storage locker and most of that is going to our son that has no place to put it. I'll have to give him a time frame to collect it, so I can be rid of the storage locker.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #3937
KAS

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'll trade ya your 2 year old for my 16 year old monkey. And then neither of us will get anything done. .
Oh, that is quite the image!!

I think, in the world of toddlers, monkeys and macaws, that it is best to stick to the devil you know!

That is why I like dogs (though I MISS my macaw terribly). Put the time into them over the first two years to train companion dog work solidly, and then sit back and enjoy a well mannered buddy for the remainder of the 15 years.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #3938

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
LOL!!

Bacon, that marvelous slice of an amazing beast!

My hubby's favorite staple is my bacon and onion Quiche.

Cook bacon, drain grease into pot and save for making eggs the rest of the week.

Crumble the bacon.

Slice and carmelize onions in bacon grease. Cool the onions, adding in crushed garlic and mixing well.

grate cheddar and colby cheese.

Thaw frozen spinach

Beat eggs, add seasonings, add onions and cheese, and spinach.

Butter pans, place bacon into pans, ladle egg mix over the bacon, bake 250 for an hour and half.

It is never exactly the same twice. Bacon makes this dish!

I LOVE all the bacon talk!

WOW !!!!!

That sounds wonderful, I'll make sure my DW gets that recipe
Whoooo Hoooooo

Cheers !!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #3939
KAS

Smile

Quote:
Having lived in tornado alley my entire life up until I retired 2.5 years ago, I can tell you that tornado season is no reason to change any plans.
I am not into either earthquakes or hurricanes either. Give me a nice steel reinforced dome house and I'll not worry so much about tornados. Some fancy storms have gone by this place and it has been wonderful in that aspect.

Keep telling hubby I want a monolithic for the home base! Hubby keeps saying no more domes. Which is OK by me since he is doing all this work on the RV to make it ours!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #3940

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherine...ropertyMap.jpg I propose that we choose 103-111 as our lakeside spots and the pull thrus just across from them for the other spaces.
Actually we have 101 thru 119 blocked off for us and I will have to recheck the other six but they are right across from our block. 101 thru 104 are already set aside for grand Poobah and Most Illustrious Potentate and huntnski and Barb and I but no others are assigned as of yet.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #3941
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wow - just witnessed unleashed dog run from campsite, across road to attack leashed dog being walked. No need asking if they are RVMs.
That sort of thing burns me up. The ONLY dog who could be off leash and not act stupidly is one with very strict obedience training and since I know very few people with the self-discipline to train a dog that well, ALL should be leashed.

Even my best trained dogs stay on leash. On the other hand, my hubby's last dog was so obedient that hubby was accused of beating the dog because he was so obedient in all situations. Truth was, hubby won the dog over my crawling under the desk to sleep with him until he bonded, then took the time to teach him what he, hubby, wanted of him. They had a special relationship.

Was the dog on leash OK?

My aunt always says she pities the dog who accosts her big fluffy dog. Always forget the name, but they are white and fluffy, live with the sheep and are bred to kill wolves if they attack the herd. Heavy coat makes it hard for a bite to hurt them. Good kid dogs too.

I sure hope the leashed dog was OK. Uncontrolled dogs hurt all of us who control our pets.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #3942

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
WHO HOOO!!!! This place is awesome, To Fuller state park, just south of Memphis. $15 a night, water and electric. (That's with senior discount, normally is 20) What a gem. Going to do some MEMPHIS BBQ tomorrow.

Name:   summary_b5ebb4603994a149b3cd81204c83318d.png
Views: 72
Size:  7.5 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_164828.png
Views:	59
Size:	672.7 KB
ID:	46805  
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #3943
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Actually we have 101 thru 119 blocked off for us and I will have to recheck the other six but they are right across from our block. 101 thru 104 are already set aside for grand Poobah and Most Illustrious Potentate and huntnski and Barb and I but no others are assigned as of yet.
I have my site reserved!!!! So there.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #3944

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I have my site reserved!!!! So there.
Yeah right, in your driveway. We all know Earlene took away the credit cards.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #3945

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ Don - sorry to hear they took paradise and put up a parking lot.

I'm with you all the way. On swimming pools--While we're at a fancy place, the lake is the attraction and there is no pool. Having bruised my ribs pretty well - I would love to be at a place with a pool, hot tub, sauna and deep massage center. Sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.

Feathers: We stayed in Georgetown in a $26/night park - it was gravel and not quite wide enough to keep my tires out of the mud. It had a lovely concrete pad for a picnic table but they had apparently misplaced it. Saving that money cost me either time or dollars for the wash. I chose dollars. It was no bargain.

Chicken and Feathers: In 20 year of B Vaning we stayed in every kind of place imaginable. The little microlite generator was great and we loved setting up at trail heads and dead ends in forests and mountains. Sometimes we split time between the tent on backpacking trails - then washed the trail off in the little shower and topped that off with a night or two in a nice hotel. We mutated in all directions then, and plan to in the future.

When we picked 38' we knew we'd give up some of the options but we had certain requirements for living space and capacity which pushed us to a DP and accepted that going into it. We could have gone smaller but 2 X the B Van length seemed right to full-time in a while. We know life is change and have no idea what's next and we aren't wedded to anything but each other.

For all I know, another B Van may be in our future. But that's what's so great about being an RVM - the journey - not knowing what's next - around the next corner or over the next hill. The knowing that you're going is all that matters. That and having a great bunch of mutants to learn from, ponder with and meet on the rainbow. It doesn't get any better than that, no matter what ya journey in or where. It's all good in the RVMhood.
We have looked at some B Vans, but are really happy with our current MH, it's 'just right' and Goldilocks would say..

Here is a photo of the 'old' site, no frills, just nature at it's finest..

Name:	SNC00323.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	46812

Now they are removing all the tree's and shrubs and installing concrete pads...here's Zander's take on matters....

Name:	IMAG1962.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	46813

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #3946

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hi Herb,

What was the procedure for securing our reservation at CL again? I'll have to get it secured around the first of the month.

Cheers !!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3947

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just let me know what site you want.....sites 101-105 are spoken for
Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #3948

Barb if we could have site 119 that would be great. We will bring lots of bacon and jalapeņos and some Kansas homemade bread, and enough Kansas grown beefsteaks for everybody.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote