Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #39481
Senior Member
 
rezman's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Anyplace Rainbow, USA
Posts: 650
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
There's a trick I need to learn. $500 deductible on car, $400 on Bonita Bounder.
Yea..we had $250 on Jeep and $500 on MH. DD finaly got her own coverage so when I took her off my policy the monthly decreased... Took the Jeep to zero deductable and got glass covered 100 percent on MH. Rate still $30 less per month $145 for the three vehicles.
__________________

__________________
Ed H
The "Wife" Jackie, and the dog Sheba (RVM51)
2000 American Eagle ( Jenny), 2013 Jeep Wrangler
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #39482
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
There's a trick I need to learn. $500 deductible on car, $400 on Bonita Bounder.
Progressive on MH with diminishing deductible. After 5 years of no claims it is $0 deductible. Car is with ANICO and has $100 comprehensive deductible so it did cost me $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Dang. Sorry, Wayne and Earlene.
Thanks. It to shall pass. Glad no one was hurt during the storm(s).
__________________

__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #39483
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Progressive on MH with diminishing deductible. After 5 years of no claims it is $0 deductible. Car is with ANICO and has $100 comprehensive deductible so it did cost me $100.



Thanks. It to shall pass. Glad no one was hurt during the storm(s).
X2 on the storms and no one hurt!

I think I asked about a vanashing deductible but agent did have one to offer on a full timer policy. Which does include the 100% windshield replacement.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #39484
Senior Member
 
Cart's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 281
Colorado Sky tonight


Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435120079.988936.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  79.4 KB
__________________
Jim,Ginny and Abbie (schnauzer)
RVM 58
Thor Hurricane MH - Jeep Wrangler
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 PM   #39485
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 31
I'm so technologically challenged that I'm having a time trying to figure out my new phone. The last one I had was from 2003 and when people saw it they laughed. I don't care, it worked fine and all I wanted to do was make calls. Well, a friend of mine got a new smart phone and asked if I wanted her old one and I thought I was in high cotton. Now I find I'm too ignorant to use it.

When I used my little camper to make my first couple of trips and hadn't had it really checked out (well, I had all the important stuff like the engine, transmission, brakes, etc. all re-done) but I mean the interior things, I just had to find a way to get around it. And I was happy to find I did just fine without it. I found a pair of these reading glasses with tiny headlamps at each corner of the glasses, you could click them on, and at night boondocking I'd just light a Yankee Candle and click on my glasses and read until I got sleepy. For coffee in the morning I just walked inside the Cracker Barrel and there it was. I never felt deprived of anything and when I got to my son's house he said "You know, Mom, you'd have a better time if you'd learn to use the stove and hot water heater."

Yes, I KNOW that, but I wasn't sure I wouldn't blow myself off the map and take someone else with me, so, when in doubt....

When I pick it up I'll get a couple of days to be taught the right way to do all of this stuff from a couple I've known all my life and who've been RVing for 30 years, and they know what they're talking about.
GA Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:00 PM   #39486
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,585
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
And then there's your drive from AZ in the howling wind with the new coach... awning flapping in the wind.
Apparently me and wind have a thing going!

That trip from AZ just outside of Mountain Home (just east of Boise) I had to climb up onto the roof of the coach to baton down the main awning. As I just bought it, I had not tools or supplies and had to be inventive....so....I took my belt off my pants and strapped the awning arm against the coach. On exiting the roof going down the ladder, my pants fell down cause I had used my belt for the cause.

I got 4 honks from on-coming traffic by the time I reached the ground.
Good thing I always follow my Mom's advise to wear clean underwear whilest on the road.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella, Shelby & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #39487
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,286
Les, you certainly do a lot of "flashing."
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:31 PM   #39488
Registered User
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Peach View Post
I'm so technologically challenged that I'm having a time trying to figure out my new phone. The last one I had was from 2003 and when people saw it they laughed. I don't care, it worked fine and all I wanted to do was make calls. Well, a friend of mine got a new smart phone and asked if I wanted her old one and I thought I was in high cotton. Now I find I'm too ignorant to use it.

When I used my little camper to make my first couple of trips and hadn't had it really checked out (well, I had all the important stuff like the engine, transmission, brakes, etc. all re-done) but I mean the interior things, I just had to find a way to get around it. And I was happy to find I did just fine without it. I found a pair of these reading glasses with tiny headlamps at each corner of the glasses, you could click them on, and at night boondocking I'd just light a Yankee Candle and click on my glasses and read until I got sleepy. For coffee in the morning I just walked inside the Cracker Barrel and there it was. I never felt deprived of anything and when I got to my son's house he said "You know, Mom, you'd have a better time if you'd learn to use the stove and hot water heater."

Yes, I KNOW that, but I wasn't sure I wouldn't blow myself off the map and take someone else with me, so, when in doubt....

When I pick it up I'll get a couple of days to be taught the right way to do all of this stuff from a couple I've known all my life and who've been RVing for 30 years, and they know what they're talking about.
Not to worry, my wife Denise was terrified of the gas appliances when we started camping in a tent. I had to setup and ignite everything. After two tents, a popup, a small trailer, a C class and now our A she works wonders in the unit.

You'll learn as well and once you state the "journey is the destination" you will be endowed with your official RVM number and a sorta secret decoder ring place where we meet to chat.

I hopefully will be back on e-mail by the end of the week so I probably have a few hundred messages to catch up on the OMOC (other means of communication) G'nite all.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:19 AM   #39489
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,231
Big moving day! After 5 weeks we've kind of grown roots here but today we start a new adventure, 40 miles down the road is another lake and another State Park.

Just hoping to have a good cell signal there and satalite reception!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:20 AM   #39490
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,231
Great pic Jim!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #39491
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,090
Fun Day

Today I got to drive the RV over to the Spartan dealer for annual oil change/checkup. Still have to do the dirty deed while here, but the service manager says after I signed the form for the work "OK, you're set and you brought your own waiting room"

I also get to see lots of fire trucks as most are built on Spartan chassis.

On the way home I'll stop and refill the propane as its almost empty. Even though it's a short 15 mile ride or something, it's better than no ride!
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:55 AM   #39492
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Today I got to drive the RV over to the Spartan dealer for annual oil change/checkup. Still have to do the dirty deed while here, but the service manager says after I signed the form for the work "OK, you're set and you brought your own waiting room"

I also get to see lots of fire trucks as most are built on Spartan chassis.

On the way home I'll stop and refill the propane as its almost empty. Even though it's a short 15 mile ride or something, it's better than no ride!
Journey onward young mutant!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:09 AM   #39493
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
I see Tom and Jan are posting on the forum. Give us an update folks. How's it going?
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #39494
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Waking up and pondering the anxiety of checking out the repairs on CR-VMutant today... it's hard to believe the final bill is over $11k. Yikes.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.