Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #3977

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

That is just a bad display of food. They should have had bacon strip across the top of that meat!! Just a sayin'.
They used cloves of garlic pressed into the mutantlicous prime. Not too much - just right. Garlic isn't a substitute for bacon but it is a flavor this mutant loves. Could have had garlic mashed taters but opted for baked sweet potato, another favorite! The dinner salad was huge and I ate the whole thing.

Not frugal I suppose but a 10 and 12 oz + bakes, salads, 2 iced teas and a Pinot Noir was $63 with tax and before gratuity. It's vacation - it was raining and we felt like treating ourselves.

The good news is we both have a great lunch left over - so divide $$ by two - mutantnomics is hereby entered into the RVM Lexicon -

Mutantnomics: the study of the RV mutants allocation of scarce resources and the resulting supply and demand transactions in the RVMdom.

The mutating is good but it looks like rain again - skies cloudy and gray. The River Rock Saloon is outdoor seating - so hopefully weather cooperates for under the stars mutation and a cold one in the next few days.

If the sun comes out, we may see our 3rd rainbow of the journey!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2604775356.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	46849
More rustic digs here. Awning won't fully open without hitting a half dead tree.

Name:	image-1565067770.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	46850

RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #3978

We were in that park last year. Didn't get a "tree" spot though. Cat was not happy. He lives for trees with bird, and squirrel events. After we got parked I wanted to see the river. Walked down through the trees, but didn't see water. Just a nice wide sand strip. Apparently the water is under the sand bar at that point. After we departed to go on the next leg of the journey, I was kicking myself for not dragging out the metal detector and sweeping that sand bar. Everybody knows that there are gold nuggets on the inside bend of streams, eh?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #3979

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Thanks! My tablet sent my note before I finished, so I don't even know what I said. Glad it got through. Next is, do I just call CL and reserve, or what? There were enough back and forth posts that I'm not sure. I don't care about pull through; I'll just drop the toad and back in. Either way is all right. We're looking forward to meeting the group. Tom & Jan

Just call CL and give them your lot # and let them know your withRVMGroup
Old 09-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #3980
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club

Name:	image-3301327228.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	46852
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #3981

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Just let me know what site you want.....sites 101-105 are spoken for

Morning,

Can you pencil us in for # 107?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #3982

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
Morning, Can you pencil us in for # 107?

You got it
Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #3983

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The good news is we both have a great lunch left over - so divide $$ by two - mutantnomics is hereby entered into the RVM Lexicon -

Mutantnomics: the study of the RV mutants allocation of scarce resources and the resulting supply and demand transactions in the RVMdom.

RVM2
Mutantomics 101 suggests a further saving is made if you eat next door for two of your three meals. 102 suggests eating the third meal next door on the other side of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That is just a bad display of food. They should have had bacon strip across the top of that meat!! Just a sayin'.
Easy peasy just carry an emergency strip in you shirt pocket. I thought you wuz a Marine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
What could possibly be better than the dinner I ate about 1/3 of last night...
Attachment 46848
Waking up to a detailed list of more than a dozen RVMs signed up and many with site selections already made!! And - learning that Herb has excellent delegation skills as well.

It's a cool and cloudy morning here in Kerrville. Not sure what the day will being but yesterday's rainbow portends great mutations lie ahead.
You don't have to eat yourself out of the ultralite ride just gracfully decline.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #3984

Newmar Owners Club
Doesn't matter what site for us, just hope work cooperates and we get to come play.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #3985

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Possum - don't think for a minute I've forgotten the Possum family Easter reunions and eating under the family big top - not the first time you have hinted at using the campground as your personal buffet. Or was it the other way around and grazers were dining with you....

Mutantnomics is a fascinating study. While we've pondered frugality - I know there are other areas of study to explore. Mutantmedics comes to mind. Home remedies and potions. I bet Possum has a Bloody Mary recipe for every ailment. I have several myself. Lol.

Wifi is letting me down.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #3986

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
How about I cut the difference and chose 109 about half way down the line between grand poohbah and KSCrude...
Hey Marty,

Marcia and I are going to be in #110, Howdy Neighbor !!!

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #3987

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
gentle giants they are... my boys used to toss grasshoppers into their webs for them... grew them up big. Also they would touch her on her back and she would swing her web back and forth...gave them a cheap thrill....LOL

Hi Martha,

Thank you for the information on that spider, we didnt feed it it looked like it was very well fed as it was, but it was well hidden as you could tell from the photo, but since I knew it wasnt going to go to the supper table there was no reason to harm it. But isnt it amazing how some critters can hide in plain sight.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #3988

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Keep chatting Denise and I are discussing the possibilities as long as the legal stuff gets outta the way in time for us to leave. After due deliberation I can give our attendance as being a definite maybe.
Possum,

If that legal stuff is still going on in April, you will deserve a long vacation from it. Take a month off and let the heirs fight amongst themselves for a while. With any luck you'll have fewer to deal with when you get back home. I doubt your wife's deceased friend expected you to give up your lives for this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #3989
KAS

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Have you rated this thread? Just below the page numbers at the top you will see 5 gold stars. If you click on the down arrow to the right of the stars you can vote.
I didn't realize until you posted this, so now I know and have given our RVM thread five stars.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #3990
KAS

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

Okmunky, I have joined the yahoo group. Awaiting approval.
Yahoo group?? I thought I'd managed to read everything but I seem to have missed this reference.

If someone could tell me what to seek out, I will happily join up!!