Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #39971

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Morning Di... I was actually suggesting AZ for this winter (cryptically) cause when I checked the KOA they stay at I got a little sticker shock. It looked nice and I considered it but opted for the closest "winter haven" of the RGV... lol. We all know how that worked out. This place is a KOA "Journey" CG. Which I have since learned is basically means "overnight" park. You get full hookups - and a fair amount of amenities but no space..

I need to start researching AZ for the winter. I know Papaw Steve has a place already. Not sure about the other mutants heading there this winter, but known there will be some mini and midi Cs going on. Looking forward to that. Maybe you guys can escape a little AR winter and join us!
Hey Steve we can discuss AZ in Utah there are plenty of places to choose from

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #39972

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Arizona places to try- Tucson---- Dustin's Diamond J, Desert Trails, Whispering Palms, South Forty RV Ranch, Rincon.
Check out Apache Junction, ton of good places.
Also, check with Campdaven & PTjeep. They both know of great places in AZ.

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #39973

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Arizona places to try- Tucson---- Dustin's Diamond J, Desert Trails, Whispering Palms, South Forty RV Ranch, Rincon.
Check out Apache Junction, ton of good places.
Also, check with Campdaven & PTjeep. They both know of great places in AZ.
Thanks Dave - sure wouldn't want to end up where those two are staying! Lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #39974

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Steve we can discuss AZ in Utah there are plenty of places to choose from

Cheers !!!
Yep we will certainly have to make time for that, somewhere between all the fun, gun fighting and cowboy whoopin and hollerin.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #39975

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
KOA parks are usually at least 25-100% higher in price than comparable private parks. They used to almost be worth it because of the high standards and conformity. Not anymore, the last 2 I've stayed at were run down but still expensive.
In case anyone on here hasn't done so already, get the app ALLSTAYS. It costs $9.99 but it is worth it to know every campground, fueling place, propane location, Walmart, big box stores, bridge heights, free parking sites, repair facilities, and anything else RV related.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #39976

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
KOA parks are usually at least 25-100% higher in price than comparable private parks. They used to almost be worth it because of the high standards and conformity. Not anymore, the last 2 I've stayed at were run down but still expensive.
In case anyone on here hasn't done so already, get the app ALLSTAYS. It costs $9.99 but it is worth it to know every campground, fueling place, propane location, Walmart, big box stores, bridge heights, free parking sites, repair facilities, and anything else RV related.
Yep. They're still a good option for us on occasion, but you're right on the consistency thing. They're often convienent and as good as the local private parks but not always. Sad what's happened to some of them. But we have the membership and that helps with the price. Have also found the Passport America parks are pretty hit and miss. If we're only overnight or 2 to 4 days - I don't really worry about it. Just looking for a place to stay and see the town. If it's a longer stay - I shoot for nicer places - and the weekly or monthly rates offset the nights in higher price parks. It's all good - but this is a little tight. Lol.

We have all the Allstays apps and many others.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #39977
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Morning Di... I was actually suggesting AZ for this winter (cryptically) cause when I checked the KOA they stay at I got a little sticker shock. It looked nice and I considered it but opted for the closest "winter haven" of the RGV... lol. We all know how that worked out. This place is a KOA "Journey" CG. Which I have since learned is basically means "overnight" park. You get full hookups - and a fair amount of amenities but no space..

I need to start researching AZ for the winter. I know Papaw Steve has a place already. Not sure about the other mutants heading there this winter, but known there will be some mini and midi Cs going on. Looking forward to that. Maybe you guys can escape a little AR winter and join us!

Dont forget the military parks.... tucson has a great one...

We would like to come out some this winter, but it depends upon the battery...... Until it is replaced, we will be within a days drive.... Have been out twice for month each and love it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #39978

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dont forget the military parks.... tucson has a great one...

We would like to come out some this winter, but it depends upon the battery...... Until it is replaced, we will be within a days drive.... Have been out twice for month each and love it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I can't believe they're making Larry wait around for the thing to beep - how much time after the beep will it continue to work? Can't they do it somewhere while you're on the road - or is that his choice to have it done there? Is it VA - or Tricare that has him cooling his jets? I only ask cause as a vet I'm curious about coverage on the road. So far I've managed to handle things pretty much anywhere - although when we passed through Dallas I did see the doc on general principle. I was there, so why not.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #39979

Vintage RV Owners Club
ewww... I stay away from the doc because in our family, it seems to cause a cascade effect. If one goes, the process seems to be at least 3 others will have a calamity to go see the doc about. We go for long stretches never seeing the doc and then, wham, we are all back there and they ask us if we are new patients or it's been so long we have to fill out new patient paper work again because it's been so long....LOL!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #39980
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
I can't believe they're making Larry wait around for the thing to beep - how much time after the beep will it continue to work? Can't they do it somewhere while you're on the road - or is that his choice to have it done there? Is it VA - or Tricare that has him cooling his jets? I only ask cause as a vet I'm curious about coverage on the road. So far I've managed to handle things pretty much anywhere - although when we passed through Dallas I did see the doc on general principle. I was there, so why not.

Tricare wont pay till it beeps... We see private doc, not VA... Their wait is too long, but his private cardiologist is over the VA cardiology too..... They have said they will get him in within a week.... Somewhere else? We would have to see a doctor and go through steps etc, so our choice to be here. Both sons went to this med school where we go, ALL of our doctors know them, so we have great contacts... When he got the other, he got the first wifi in the state..... It is just frustrating to wait on a beep.....

Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #39981

Vintage RV Owners Club
hmmm... must need more coffee... my sentence structures are weird today.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:32 PM   #39982
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Red face

To all the kanuckistanians!!

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #39983

Here ya go Steve. Some quick shots of McCall RV Resort in Idaho. Also a picture of Lake Payette just outside of town. The Dawgs loved Click image for larger version

Name:	20150701_114253.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	98877

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150701_114228.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	98878

Name:	20150701_114216.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	434.1 KB
ID:	98879

Name:	20150630_100517.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	98880it.
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #39984

As for wintering in AZ, we're going to stay at Voyager Resort, just out side of Tucson from 1 Dec until 1 Mar. Come join us.

Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote