Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #40069
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
2008 Bounder...
So turning the key on, depressing the accelerator pedal 3 times all the way to the floor in 5 seconds, turn the key off, then start the engine - doesn't reset it?

Hmmm!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #40070
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
So turning the key on, depressing the accelerator pedal 3 times in 5 seconds, turn the key off, then start the engine - doesn't reset it?

Hmmm!
I thought it was the brake pedal

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #40071

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
So turning the key on, depressing the accelerator pedal 3 times in 5 seconds, turn the key off, then start the engine - doesn't reset it?

Hmmm!
Well it just might. I could pull out the manual and look I guess. Haven't read it since 2012. I've always had the oil and filters changed before the beep. Freightliner just north of Dallas told me to have them call him and he'll pay for it. So what the heck. I'll let him do it since I paid for it already - and they broke my wodden dash ledge, and have yet to send me my oil analysis. Pretty soon I'm gonna start naming names... lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:04 PM   #40072

Quote:
Well it just might. I could pull out the manual and look I guess. Haven't read it since 2012. I've always had the oil and filters changed before the beep. Freightliner just north of Dallas told me to have them call him and he'll pay for it. So what the heck. I'll let him do it since I paid for it already - and they broke my wodden dash ledge, and have yet to send me my oil analysis. Pretty soon I'm gonna start naming names... lol.

That's why I've become my own mechanic for anything except total engine rebuild. I got tired of paying to have one thing fixed only to find out the "experts" broke something else in the process.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #40073

Monaco Owners Club
We have arrive in Van Horn; staying at what used to be a KOA. Really nice people and a great spot too.

We drove through Roswell....my fathers family was from there and it's been 20 years since I have been there. Of course today was UFO Celebration lol. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435896164.116287.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  151.2 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435896187.615890.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435896206.199576.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  111.0 KB

The desert drive on 54 was beautiful - wild flowers and beach grass blowing in the wind. The rain has been here as you can see. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435896288.729046.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435896305.513447.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  81.9 KB

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #40074

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
That's why I've become my own mechanic for anything except total engine rebuild. I got tired of paying to have one thing fixed only to find out the "experts" broke something else in the process.
to your mastery of many things....

Me. I'm pretty much finished with w**k of most sorts... for the time being anyway. Next change can we drive to your place and watch you do ours?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #40075

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Talking of roundabouts and speaking as an ex-pat Brit, I can tell you that you won't have seen anything as exciting as the magic roundabout in Swindon, UK. There are several others like this and essentially it is a roundabout with two way traffic circulating it. Each of the feeder roads are attached to it by a mini roundabout and so, if you were heading for what would normally be the third or fourth exit, you can now enter, turn the other way and make your intended exit the first exit. I tell you it works very well.

We lived in Alconbury UK for 4 years and I became quite good at the round abouts after 4 years. There are a few near our old home and we found them very useful.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #40076

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
We have arrive in Van Horn; staying at what used to be a KOA. Really nice people and a great spot too.

We drove through Roswell....my fathers family was from there and it's been 20 years since I have been there. Of course today was UFO Celebration lol. Attachment 99030Attachment 99031Attachment 99032

The desert drive on 54 was beautiful - wild flowers and beach grass blowing in the wind. The rain has been here as you can see. Attachment 99033Attachment 99034

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Looking Good!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:36 AM   #40077

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
...have yet to send me my oil analysis...
You pay to have them tell you that it is used oil????

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:42 AM   #40078

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
You pay to have them tell you that it is used oil????
I did indeed. And I'd love to actually see the results... I'm going to have Moonrover take a sip of it on the next oil change to see how it compares - assuming I ever see the report.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:32 AM   #40079

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Roudabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
We lived in Alconbury UK for 4 years and I became quite good at the round abouts after 4 years. There are a few near our old home and we found them very useful.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
I'm ex-pat UK too.roundabouts are a great way to keep traffic moving. I lived in Clearwater FL where they built one, not a great idea as it was usually chaos as most drivers had no idea how it worked. To top that they installed a large fountain in the middle of it which hit unsuspecting approaching drivers like a rain storm resulting in many fender benders. At night the fountain was lit up which made the whole thing a debacle. I don't know if it's still there.
TGA2016 Barry and Pat
Old 07-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #40080

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants near and far. Have finished the morning read and a few sips into the first cuppa. A little more wakey waykey and we will be on our way.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #40081

Quote:
I did indeed. And I'd love to actually see the results... I'm going to have Moonrover take a sip of it on the next oil change to see how it compares - assuming I ever see the report.

I will use the magnet method. Dip a magnet in a cup of oil and see how many ball bearings are picked up.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #40082

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
I will use the magnet method. Dip a magnet in a cup of oil and see how many ball bearings are picked up.
Just thinking about your two stroke boggles my little mind. You da, I say, you da man.