Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #4019

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Going over near CL in next couple of days, depending on the rain, anyone have any questions for me to ask or check out?

I'll check post before I go!
Hey Tim,

Well hopefully none of the lake side sites are low or prone to muddy conditions, I would hate to sink up to my axles, but I'm sure I could get a low cost pull out if such a travesty did occur, and hopefully we wont be walking or slogging through muddy grounds as well, great scott we will need to have fires a burning, and stories a telling for days to come.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #4020

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
No worries Jeff you will be on a concrete pad and have real grass around your site. All paved streets and impressive amenities. ... Dude my rep is at stake here! I wouldn't steer ya wrong. LOL
Old 09-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #4021

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Jerry - Dave is RVM1, this makes you RVM3. Who knows. Maybe one day there will be an RVM rally and we all get together and share adventures in like minded journeys! Look forward to that day.
The above quote is post #5 that was sent on the afternoon of 4/14/2013. Be careful what you wish for on these, so far, 400+ pages. There's magic happening here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #4022

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Before selecting my site at CL, I googled it. (1700 Shady Grove Rd 71901). If shade is important, 101-103 and 68 might want to move. I'm 105. There's a great satellite shot of the park just south of the road a ways. The lake is at least 25' from the sites.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #4023

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

The above quote is post #5 that was sent on the afternoon of 4/14/2013. Be careful what you wish for on these, so far, 400+ pages. There's magic happening here.
Two excellent history lessons on a single page - and the 4,000th post. A mutant hat trick.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #4024

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We need 101 to be close to the dog run. Abbey and Molly have to run off their excess energy or they drive Barb and I nuts wanting to go run. My awning will provide the necessary shade plus it is April so weather will be pleasant.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #4025
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Tim,

Well hopefully none of the lake side sites are low or prone to muddy conditions, I would hate to sink up to my axles, but I'm sure I could get a low cost pull out if such a travesty did occur, and hopefully we wont be walking or slogging through muddy grounds as well, great scott we will need to have fires a burning, and stories a telling for days to come.

Cheers !!!
Here is site 117, on the water.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #4026
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
To my fellow Mutants, this is something to think about,

Absolutely riveting!

They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot & then once a day it was taken & sold to the tannery.....if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor" But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot.....they "didn't have a pot to piss in" & were the lowest of the low. The next time you're washing your hands and complain because the water temperature isn't just how you like it, think about how things used to be. Here are some facts about the 1500s:-

Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May, and they still smelled pretty good by June. However, since they were starting to smell . ..... . brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odour. Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting Married.

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children. Last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it.. Hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the Bath water!"

Houses had thatched roofs-thick straw-piled high, with no wood underneath. It was the only place for animals to get warm, so all the cats and other small animals (mice, bugs) lived in the roof. When it rained it became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof... Hence the saying "It's raining cats and dogs."

There was nothing to stop things from falling into the house. This posed a real problem in the bedroom where bugs and other droppings could mess up your nice clean bed. Hence, a bed with big posts and a sheet hung over the top afforded some protection. That's how canopy beds came into existence.

The floor was dirt. Only the wealthy had something other than dirt. Hence the saying, "Dirt poor."

The wealthy had slate floors that would get slippery in the winter when wet, so they spread thresh (straw) on floor to help keep their footing. As the winter wore on, they added more thresh until, when you opened the door, it would all start slipping outside. A piece of wood was placed in the entrance-way. Hence: a thresh hold.

In those old days, they cooked in the kitchen with a big kettle that always hung over the fire... Every day they lit the fire and added things to the pot. They ate mostly vegetables and did not get much meat. They would eat the stew for dinner, leaving leftovers in the pot to get cold overnight and then start over the next day. Sometimes stew had food in it that had been there for quite a while. Hence the rhyme: Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot nine days old.

Sometimes they could obtain pork, which made them feel quite special. When visitors came over, they would hang up their bacon to show off. It was a sign of wealth that a man could, "bring home the bacon." They would cut off a little to share with guests and would all sit around and "chew the fat".

Those with money had plates made of pewter. Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach onto the food, causing lead poisoning death. This happened most often with tomatoes, so for the next 400 years or so, tomatoes were considered poisonous.

Bread was divided according to status. Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf, the family got the middle, and guests got the top, or the upper crust.

Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial... They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake.

England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive... So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered a "dead ringer". And that's the truth...

Now, whoever said History was boring?

Excellent Trivia PTJeep!

One to add I learned a while back.

When the railroads were put in, the steam locomotive engines needed water approximately every 8 miles. Water towers and stations were built approximately every 8 miles. Towns grew up around the stations. That's why you will see a town about every 8 miles along a rail line.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #4027

Interesting. Almost every cross street in Phx is 8 blocks apart. 51st, 59th, 67th, 75th, etc.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #4028

Add us to the list in AZ after meeting flagship yesterday I can't miss this. very good people thank's for stopping by. Wish you had more time.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #4029

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
We need 101 to be close to the dog run. Abbey and Molly have to run off their excess energy or they drive Barb and I nuts wanting to go run. My awning will provide the necessary shade plus it is April so weather will be pleasant.
I will be looking into getting site 96, 97 or 98 for similar reasons.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #4030
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Before selecting my site at CL, I googled it. (1700 Shady Grove Rd 71901). If shade is important, 101-103 and 68 might want to move. I'm 105. There's a great satellite shot of the park just south of the road a ways. The lake is at least 25' from the sites.

I'm in 106 and if you lose signal, just don't go checking the connector on the MH - it may have an additional 50 foot of cable attached.

Actually I use the Carryout and it is very portable. (I do lock it down!)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #4031

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Okay Mutants listen up! Here is the current roster of attendees and the so far spoken for sights:

Site #. Mutant Name

101. HerbnBarb
102. Flaggship
103. Campdaven
104. huntnski
105. okmunky
106. WayneM
107-108. Open
109. MartySQ
110. PTjeep
111-118. Open
119. kscrude

Oldme. Need to pick a site
Sky boss. Same
Wthur. Same
Cnkinthebus Same

Forgive me if I missed somebody but that's why I wanted to post now. Let me know if your coming and not on this list. Also the four that haven't picked a site yet can chime in when ready. There are ten lakeside spaces and six across from lakeside still available so let's fill em up! You will need to call and post one day deposit($28) to hold your spot. Deposits are fully refundable up to three days before. Identify yourselves as part of theRVM group. Please confirm with me or Tim aka. Huntnski. Again for those who haven't decided the dates are April 24-30, 2014 at Catherine's Landing, Hot Springs AR. I would suggest you msg. the Most Illustrious Potentate
aka. Steve aka. Flaggship with suggestions for pot lucks and such. (Steve don't ya just love how you became activities co-ordinator?) or I might also suggest okmunky take that ball and run with it. See how good I am at task designation and that not even my job? LOL

107 = Oldme

SORRY,
I Got lost re-reading everything.
You already had us down for 107.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #4032
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Done with DesignPro (Free program) and business card stock.
Anyone interested in the file?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVMutant.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	46920  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote