Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #40615

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It is a good thing that there is a vast reservoir of OHHMMSSS along the rainbow. We all need them in various portions along the way.

Best wishes to all in need. Sometimes the need is great.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 06:38 AM   #40616

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Starting day 2 back on the road:

We ended up boon docking in a Walmart just west of Dayton, OH. The temps were cool enough we didn't need the AC. The AGS kicked in after about 10 hours so that relatively new system is working great.

We have had a new revelation about coach placement. LOL So, were we are right next to I-70...I mean right next to it. We fired up the fantastic fans and opened a couple windows. The most effective one in the bedroom of course is on the side of the coach facing the interstate. Nope...won't do that again. LOL At least if we are stuck with that again we will just close the windows and run the genny for AC as needed.

Sometimes the rainbow is just noisy!

Onward to Nitro, WV (just south of Scary, WV ) for another RON. What a blast! BAAAAAD joke/pun but I couldn't resist.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:50 AM   #40617

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don I got a bang out of it!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 AM   #40618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I lived most of my life in IL...never got a jury duty notice. Less than a year in SD...yep...got one. But...they quickly removed me off the list once I said I live on a rainbow and they thought I was too nuts. LOL

After 28 years in PA, it was my 1st summons.
Recieved it while in Hot Springs, told them I would be out of town on vacation but available 5/1 to 8/1. Just doing my duty.
Our itch for the road will get scratched starting 7/31
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:30 AM   #40619

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's a beautiful morning in LV NM... currently 58 degrees, sun shine and blue skies. A little more coffee and wake up time and then on to Albuquerque. I haven't made the drive thru the Pecos wilderness down to Santa Fe and Abq in years. Looking forward to seeing the area from the big picture window.

Pueblo to Las Vegas was a nice drive and Raton Pass was no problem for Bonita. She purred right along.

Maybe I'll hear something today from the pathology / doc on the neck thing. Would like to know exactly what I'm dealing with. But for now - rainbow and oh... lookie - squirrel!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #40620

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BTW - this overnight KOA is no resort - but sufficient. But I have to say - a dirt road would be fine when you're facing this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1436967405279.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	100196  
Old 07-15-2015, 08:09 AM   #40621

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
They were in marriage counseling for 8 months and each was seeing an individual counselor. They are both educated, intelligent, good people. Michael thought it was getting better. But she just decided she didn't want to work at it any longer.

He is not going to "snap out of it" tomorrow. It will take him time to heal. He loved his wife deeply. He's dealing with the death of plans and dreams they had together. We will do everything we can to support him on this journey. Right now his self esteem is in the toilet. I appreciate all ohhhmmms and prayers for him.
With you and Kate in his corner I'm sure he will sort things out. I'm sending ohms your way and to him so that the best possible outcome can happen for everyone.

I hope that my diatribe on modern marriage and relationships was read as my personal outlook on way too many relationships ending far to easily and often for the wrong reasons. As many of you know "If you can survive it, it only makes you stronger". That's true for surviving the "rough spots" in a relationship. Sometimes it's impossible to make it work when only one person is working at it. I'll shut up now.

Love ya all.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:44 AM   #40622

It was just reported on the news that Google and Firefox have disabled Flash due to security concerns.

Gary
gwlaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #40623

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaeb View Post
It was just reported on the news that Google and Firefox have disabled Flash due to security concerns.
Thanks, I did find the way around it that works everywhere but facebook. I also am getting notices that my adobe writer is now suspect when I try using it to make things for the groups I belong to, and that is annoying having to run everything throw detectors for computer virii etc.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #40624

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
BTW - this overnight KOA is no resort - but sufficient. But I have to say - a dirt road would be fine when you're facing this.
hmmmm so where's the squirrel??

We will be contemplating the rainbow from a picnic table every morning starting sometime this coming weekend. Can't remember if Cluxewe Resort has wifi out where we booked but if it does we will send pictures.

Last week we had friends visiting from Australia and Casa Grande Arizona. We went for a hike out to Stamp Falls. In the pictures the first three pictures have ten to fifteen pound Sockeye Salmon swimming threw them and the last one is of Izzy playing king of the castle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6622.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	100203   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6623.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	100204  

Name:	IMG_6624.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	100205   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6628.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	100206  

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #40625

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
It's a beautiful morning in LV NM... currently 58 degrees, sun shine and blue skies. A little more coffee and wake up time and then on to Albuquerque. I haven't made the drive thru the Pecos wilderness down to Santa Fe and Abq in years. Looking forward to seeing the area from the big picture window.

Pueblo to Las Vegas was a nice drive and Raton Pass was no problem for Bonita. She purred right along.

Maybe I'll hear something today from the pathology / doc on the neck thing. Would like to know exactly what I'm dealing with. But for now - rainbow and oh... lookie - squirrel!

Steve,
Sounds like you had a good drive. I didn't think you would have any trouble with Raton Pass.

Take care,
Jim

Jim, Ginny & Abbie Carter
RVM 58
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #40626

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Steve,
Sounds like you had a good drive. I didn't think you would have any trouble with Raton Pass.

Take care,
Jim

Jim, Ginny & Abbie Carter
RVM 58
Thanks Jim.

I have yet to hear from doctor - so I just called and left message. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know.

Hi Ginny! We are so sad we didn't make Gunnison. Another time. Promise.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #40627

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've journeyed to Albuquerque without issue. Feeling good - sitting in the shade feeling like an Explorer. Should see an old friend or two over the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1436989124986.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	100223  
Old 07-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #40628

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
We've journeyed to Albuquerque without issue. Feeling good - sitting in the shade feeling like an Explorer. Should see an old friend or two over the next few days.
Steve what campground you at? Wel'll be coming through in about two weeks!