Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #40615

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A light moment.
My jury duty has
been CANCELLED!!!
An "Oh Yeah"?

I lived most of my life in IL...never got a jury duty notice. Less than a year in SD...yep...got one. But...they quickly removed me off the list once I said I live on a rainbow and they thought I was too nuts. LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #40616

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I followed some information and downloaded the Firefox HTML.5 version of flash and everything is cool. Thanks for the help everyone.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 PM   #40617

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I dorked around and was going to go camping this weekend with my sister, and then she backed out... wedding and reunion stuff... and ended up getting a goat milking critter care gig this weekend... but it's only 1x a day... so I might drag Bob out anyway! Milking goats is relaxing, but not quite the same as camping and I think I could feasibly do both if we take a second vehicle so I don't have to break camp to go milk. We'll see, it's supposed to be a scorcher weekend... I'll take that over rain right now...mosquitoes are murderous right now. The goat isn't far from where I like to go camp at Lake LaCygne. Good fishing there too!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #40618

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, I dorked around and was going to go camping this weekend with my sister, and then she backed out... wedding and reunion stuff... and ended up getting a goat milking critter care gig this weekend... but it's only 1x a day... so I might drag Bob out anyway! Milking goats is relaxing, but not quite the same as camping and I think I could feasibly do both if we take a second vehicle so I don't have to break camp to go milk. We'll see, it's supposed to be a scorcher weekend... I'll take that over rain right now...mosquitoes are murderous right now. The goat isn't far from where I like to go camp at Lake LaCygne. Good fishing there too!
Take the goat with you!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #40619
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaeb View Post
Well we heard the "Song" couldn't believe my ears!!
Lisa walked down the aisle at our wedding to that song!!!
See, I knew you would like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I need a tad of computer help. For whatever reason I cannot open anything requiring flash player and I cannot upgrade the flash player on my machine. Anyone know what the heck is going on?
You are not holding your mouth right.

Quote:
Not here. I have kept my updates..um...updated.
Firefox runs most of our stuff.
X#
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #40620

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty - forgot to ask - is Honeys generator working. I have an appointment for oil and fuel filters and fluid changes in Albuquerque on Thursday. 318 hours on the clock.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:35 PM   #40621

Vintage RV Owners Club
yes... Bob checked the fuel for water which he does for his magical mutation machine, and then ran the fuel through a special filter he has for his plane that takes water out of it... not sure why we had water in the fuel... but now it works. I'm guessing it was water, might have been alcohol...but I would think a genny would work on gasohol.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #40622
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
A light moment.
My jury duty has
been CANCELLED!!!
An "Oh Yeah"?
That's one advantage to being a South Dakota resident when you are a fulltimer. SD allows automatic exemption from jury duty if you FT. I also got a jury duty notice soon after getting my SD driver's license. I just had to return the notice with a letter stating I wasn't in the state and was a FT RVer. They must be short on jurors.

I've only had 1 other jury duty notice after living in Oklahoma for 9 years. I got excused then because I had 2 foster daughters who were profoundly disabled and I had to be home by 2 pm to meet the school bus.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #40623
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Mel, we can't always understand the decisions that our loved ones make. Sometimes I think that there's too much ME and not enough US in a relationship nowadays.

The expectation of perfection in a relationship will cause folks to keep "movin' down the highway of love" never finding a perfect mate. Call your DIL. Share with her your feelings of love for her and suggest meeting with a marriage counselor.

I always wonder how a marriage-ending time comes without each knowing it was coming and signs of discontent being obvious to both. Hiding such feelings from a person you live with is tough to imagine. If it really did "come completely out of the blue", then I suspect that the person who wants out is making a rash, childish, selfish, and/or somewhat ignorant decision to end the marriage. JMHO A marriage that ends after considerable effort to "make it work" is understandable.
They were in marriage counseling for 8 months and each was seeing an individual counselor. They are both educated, intelligent, good people. Michael thought it was getting better. But she just decided she didn't want to work at it any longer.

He is not going to "snap out of it" tomorrow. It will take him time to heal. He loved his wife deeply. He's dealing with the death of plans and dreams they had together. We will do everything we can to support him on this journey. Right now his self esteem is in the toilet. I appreciate all ohhhmmms and prayers for him.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:38 AM   #40624

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve, Mary Ann you and family have our prayers.

Thinking of you & your family in this challenging time. Hugs!!
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #40625
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
yes... Bob checked the fuel for water which he does for his magical mutation machine, and then ran the fuel through a special filter he has for his plane that takes water out of it... not sure why we had water in the fuel... but now it works. I'm guessing it was water, might have been alcohol...but I would think a genny would work on gasohol.
Hmm, I wonder if the 10% ethanol in today's unleaded gas has enough water to mess up generators? I've never had a problem with my generator, but it is a 2011 model.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #40626

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Been a while. I'm like 100 pages behind. Read back a few pages, though, and learned about Steve's sister and nephew. What a difficult and sad situation for you, Steve and Mary Ann. You are in our thoughts. Many ommmms for strength and wisdom for you and your family.

We are in need of healing ommms, as well. I'm up at midnight thinking about my eldest son, Michael (32), who called earlier to tell us that his wife of 4 years told him she wanted a divorce. He's just devastated. He could hardly talk for weeping.

I feel so helpless. They're in Michigan. So far away. My heart is breaking for him and a strong sleeping pill at 10:00 still hasn't knocked me out. We love our DIL dearly. It seems surreal that we are losing her ... that Michael is losing her .... It's heartbreaking. Please pray for Michael. He is in such a vulnerable place right now.

Hope alll you Mutants are faring well. Miss y'all. Will be back a lot more frequently after Sept. 23 knee replacement. 6-8 weeks of recovery at home. I need a new recliner. Wore mine out with 3 ortho surgery recoveries already. Sigh.

Mel

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending peaceful thoughts & prayers your way
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #40627

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It is a good thing that there is a vast reservoir of OHHMMSSS along the rainbow. We all need them in various portions along the way.

Best wishes to all in need. Sometimes the need is great.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #40628

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Starting day 2 back on the road:

We ended up boon docking in a Walmart just west of Dayton, OH. The temps were cool enough we didn't need the AC. The AGS kicked in after about 10 hours so that relatively new system is working great.

We have had a new revelation about coach placement. LOL So, were we are right next to I-70...I mean right next to it. We fired up the fantastic fans and opened a couple windows. The most effective one in the bedroom of course is on the side of the coach facing the interstate. Nope...won't do that again. LOL At least if we are stuck with that again we will just close the windows and run the genny for AC as needed.

Sometimes the rainbow is just noisy!

Onward to Nitro, WV (just south of Scary, WV ) for another RON. What a blast! BAAAAAD joke/pun but I couldn't resist.