Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #40657

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ Steve... +1 and not so much.
I'm surprised that they didn't sedate him.... hey I'm sick and not being rational. Fine. Please leave??? Hmmm.

Good news on balance - and Ommms to all.

Can you say Bryce....

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #40658

Vintage RV Owners Club
Whoot Whoot! and happy dance! So happy she is doing better.... Now God... about that Nephew.....

MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:11 AM   #40659
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Sitting in Nitro, WV...no BOOM yet!

Almost had a BOOM on the way here. While negotiating some rather slow curves some idiot in a Newmar crossed over into my right lane before they were even half way past me. I grabbed some brakes and moved into the shoulder to make sure my paint stayed on my coach.

I bet I see them at the NKK rally in a couple days.

OH WELL! Sandee asked if I saw their license plate. I said no but I could read the date code on the tires. LOL
I have had that same thing happen with semi's crossing over into my lane when passing. If I had the window open I could scratch the paint off their rig with my fingernail. Scary? Uh huh? Glad you avoided the dreaded scrape.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:17 AM   #40660

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I have had that same thing happen with semi's crossing over into my lane when passing. If I had the window open I could scratch the paint off their rig with my fingernail. Scary? Uh huh? Glad you avoided the dreaded scrape.
How goes on mutant of girth and spreader of mirth...

Have been surfing yet?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 AM   #40661
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Good morning RVMs!
At the GC@CL, I related the story of my GS Bradley meeting 8 year old Jayla on his mission trip to the Pine Ridge Reservation last year, and that Jayla had passed away last Winter.
Brad is on the same mission trip right now, and met up with Jayla's mother.
I think this is grand!

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1437042519.256568.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  64.9 KB
Just thought that some of might like to know.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #40662
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's a beautiful morning in LV NM... currently 58 degrees, sun shine and blue skies. A little more coffee and wake up time and then on to Albuquerque. I haven't made the drive thru the Pecos wilderness down to Santa Fe and Abq in years. Looking forward to seeing the area from the big picture window.

Pueblo to Las Vegas was a nice drive and Raton Pass was no problem for Bonita. She purred right along.

Maybe I'll hear something today from the pathology / doc on the neck thing. Would like to know exactly what I'm dealing with. But for now - rainbow and oh... lookie - squirrel!
Steve, I'm behind. Ohmmmms for peace, healing and good health. Anxious to hear what the pathologist says.

If I had been reading posts, I would have seen that you were going through Santa Fe and I would have told you NOT TO MISS eating at Harry's Roadhouse!!! In fact, I suggest you hop in your CRV and drive back just to eat there. We have friends in Santa Fe who've seen Gene Hackman dining there, as well as Shirley McLain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
With you and Kate in his corner I'm sure he will sort things out. I'm sending ohms your way and to him so that the best possible outcome can happen for everyone.

I hope that my diatribe on modern marriage and relationships was read as my personal outlook on way too many relationships ending far to easily and often for the wrong reasons. As many of you know "If you can survive it, it only makes you stronger". That's true for surviving the "rough spots" in a relationship. Sometimes it's impossible to make it work when only one person is working at it. I'll shut up now.

Love ya all.
Thanks, Steve. Love to you and Mary Ann. Looking forward to meeting up again at a GC sometime, somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Vacation days earned...check
Vacation days requested for Bryce..check
Vacation days approved...woot woot
Good for you, Ed! I am SOOOO envious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Ohms please for both of them again and ohms for Mary Ann and I to attain some type of understanding of this bazaar affair and wisdom to offer the best advice to my sister.
Continue to send ohmmmms for you and Mary Ann and for your sister and nephew, as well. Will he be able to admit to a different hospital to finish treatment?

I have no idea how that purple frowny face got there at the top of this post! I can't get it off!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:06 AM   #40663
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

First knee replacement scheduled for Sept. 23. They'll do the second one 8 - 10 week after. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of nervous. The doc said there is a very high risk of infection in my right knee since I had an open fracture last summer. Barb, I am sure I'll be calling you in October for some moral support! You know you're the role model for all folks facing knee replacements.

I think I posted about Bow's AC going out and her engine overheating if I pushed the speedometer over 60. (This was on our 4th of July trip home from a ranch near Hamilton.) We put her in the hospital on Monday. She needed a new AC compressor. $1,890 for the compressor and labor. Ouch. But, the AC is ice cold now. And they gave the radiator a thorough cleaning and high pressure spray wash. Now she is running cool at 65.

Next up: 1) have solar panels put on her roof to charge the house batteries. (When he sold Bow to owner number 2, the first owner took off the factory installed solar panels to put on his new coach.) and 2) find and buy our toad before the end of July. Base plate, tow bar, and all other necessities purchased and installed before the end of August.

Just finished replacing all her interior lights with LEDs! Yea!!!

RVMS, you are our inspiration!
Old 07-16-2015, 07:10 AM   #40664
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Good morning RVMs!
At the GC@CL, I related the story of my GS Bradley meeting 8 year old Jayla on his mission trip to the Pine Ridge Reservation last year, and that Jayla had passed away last Winter.
Brad is on the same mission trip right now, and met up with Jayla's mother.
I think this is grand!
Attachment 100262
Just thought that some of might like to know.
It's grand, indeed, Dave! Very touching story. So glad for Brad to have the experiences he is having. He is in his formative years, and this will have such a positive impact on him!
Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #40665

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yesterday while driving through SE OH and into WV we saw evidence of many rainbows. Lots of flooded areas and folks using boats to get to their homes along HWY 35. It seemed all those hollows were full of water. Our best wishes to those affected.

We are sitting up on a hill top in Nitro doing the Walldocking thing. It was my turn this morning to let Zeus out to do his dooty and as I stepped out of the coach I was greeted with a pretty neat view. The clouds/fog hung heavy over the taller hilltops and down into the valley below. It may have been grey but it was pretty damn cool. Its not like we don't see fog in the flatlands of IL but watching the fog slowly dissipate over the hour or so since I first saw it was like peeling back the layers of an onion as more hills and valleys became visible.

It should all be gone before we finish our breakfast and head on to Lewisburg, WV where we will be for the next 10 days.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #40666
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
It's grand, indeed, Dave! Very touching story. So glad for Brad to have the experiences he is having. He is in his formative years, and this will have such a positive impact on him!

Thank you, Mel!
RVMdom surely sends ohms and best wishes for your knees and your projects. And "woot" for Bow
Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #40667

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
First knee replacement scheduled for Sept. 23. They'll do the second one 8 - 10 week after. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of nervous. The doc said there is a very high risk of infection in my right knee since I had an open fracture last summer. Barb, I am sure I'll be calling you in October for some moral support! You know you're the role model for all folks facing knee replacements.

I think I posted about Bow's AC going out and her engine overheating if I pushed the speedometer over 60. (This was on our 4th of July trip home from a ranch near Hamilton.) We put her in the hospital on Monday. She needed a new AC compressor. $1,890 for the compressor and labor. Ouch. But, the AC is ice cold now. And they gave the radiator a thorough cleaning and high pressure spray wash. Now she is running cool at 65.

Next up: 1) have solar panels put on her roof to charge the house batteries. (When he sold Bow to owner number 2, the first owner took off the factory installed solar panels to put on his new coach.) and 2) find and buy our toad before the end of July. Base plate, tow bar, and all other necessities purchased and installed before the end of August.

Just finished replacing all her interior lights with LEDs! Yea!!!

RVMS, you are our inspiration!
Mel - you're doing most excellent at writing your very own RVM Inspirational story! It's great to watch others transition toward living life on the rainbow. You're doing great, taking hiccups with Bow in stride, taking care of your health and family, making your rainbow rider yours, and moving at a comfortable and planned pace!

Many Omms to you for good character, strength, health and recovery. It will all work out and we will all travel the road beside you as you journey along. What a great group, eh... and you and Kate are definitely mutants of the Grand order.

Hope to see you soon.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #40668

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Annie has had stomach problems since eating sliders at the KOA in LVNM. Hard for me to watch her feeling bad. :-(
Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #40669

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Whoot Whoot! and happy dance! So happy she is doing better.... Now God... about that Nephew.....
Well said! When people are sick and have a parent at risk of loosing their lives I would think the staff would have sedated him more and thought that all through. Prayers and oooms still going out.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #40670

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Annie has had stomach problems since eating sliders at the KOA in LVNM. Hard for me to watch her feeling bad. :-(
Oh so sad... get better quick Annie.

MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote