Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #40783
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,165
Steve and Annie.

Congratulations on the one year together.

Mel,

Just got word from upper NY

Our two friends there are actually contemplating the big step but it will be a small celebration and we may not get to attend. That SC decision a while back is the greatest news for them.

Congratulations on your two years also.

Denise and I celebrated our tenth a couple of years ago at the place were we got married. I managed to hide that little thing from her when we went to celebrate our anniversary a couple of days early. Love surprising her like that.
__________________

__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #40784
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,322
Steve and Annie,

Congratulations on your first of many anniversaries. Have a most fun day!
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #40785
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,894
Blog Entries: 1
Mel and Kate, we all feel your disappointment, not only because Bow has an issue, but the fine gift you intended got interrupted too.
Aw shucks!
Best wishes
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #40786
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Now for the latest on Bow ....

Niece Allison, hubby James and 8 yo stepson Gardner took off in Bow on Friday afternoon around 4:00, headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. They called us around 6:30 to tell us they were dead on the side of the road about 4 miles from the state park entrance. James said all of sudden Bow started losing power, like it was running out of diesel. He said engine would crank, but then nothing. Would not run. He wondered if the fuel pump has gone out.

I called Good Sam's Roadside Assist & learned Kate or I had to be with the coach in order for them to have it towed. We each got in our own car and headed north. (Needed to leave a car for Allison & James.) Got there around 9:30. Good Sam told us it would be 11:46 before a tow truck could get to us. But, he came at 11:15 and towed Bow to the commercial campground 6 miles back, near I-27. Pulled her into the site Allison had arranged for by phone. Helped the kids set up then took off. Got home at 2:30am today.

Before they took off in Bow, I had discovered that the front roof AC was blowing air that was not cool. On monitor panel, noticed that it kept cycling between the red "Shed" light and the green light. Rear AC was blowing cold.

On Monday morning, Good Sam will have Bow towed to the nearest diesel mechanic shop that will work on RVs. Unfortunately, I fly to California on Sunday for meetings on Monday/Tuesday and don't get back until Wednesday at 5pm. I'm just sick. Kate is going to have to deal with the shop by phone. Not a good situation.


We are experiencing some of the trials and tribulations most of you have already dealt with. "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, Mama said. ....."

Any words of wisdom? Ideas? Thanks, everyone.

Mel

PS - This was our wedding gift to Allison, James, and Gardner. I'm just sick they didn't get to camp down in the canyon, that they had to deal with this breakdown, etc. But they are being such good sports about it all. They have Kate's car and are in the park now. Went on a horseback ride this morning. Go to the show at amphitheater tonight. Ohmmmmms to them for no more problems and Woots! for being such great sports!
OMG, Our hearts go out to all of you... Ohhmmmms to all for a quick repair & continued enjoyment of the trip...
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #40787
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Mel,

Just got word from upper NY

Our two friends there are actually contemplating the big step but it will be a small celebration and we may not get to attend. That SC decision a while back is the greatest news for them.

Congratulations on your two years also.

Denise and I celebrated our tenth a couple of years ago at the place were we got married. I managed to hide that little thing from her when we went to celebrate our anniversary a couple of days early. Love surprising her like that.
Dennis, thanks so very much. You are a thoughtful, big-hearted guy, no matter what Wayne, Steve and Dave say about you! (Hee hee hee)

It's just great that you celebrate your friends! You don't have to be there in person for them to know you love and support them. They are blessed to have y'all in their corner!
__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #40788
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Mel and Kate, we all feel your disappointment, not only because Bow has an issue, but the fine gift you intended got interrupted too.
Aw shucks!
Best wishes
Thanks, Dave. Such is life, huh? The Rainbow doesn't shield us from the rain ... Just helps us see the sunshine while it's raining. 😊
__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #40789
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89
 
MPH's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
OMG, Our hearts go out to all of you... Ohhmmmms to all for a quick repair & continued enjoyment of the trip...
Thanks, Richard. We accept all ohmmmms
__________________
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #40790
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,654
Thanks again to all for well wishes on our 1st Anniversary!
Mel - were sending Omms to Bow. Hopefully it's fuel delivery related. Bow will be back better than before! Keep smiling!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #40791
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Thanks, Dave. Such is life, huh? The Rainbow doesn't shield us from the rain ... Just helps us see the sunshine while it's raining. 😊

And buying new isnt a guarantee of no issues either... Total shame that we accept inferior products... But hopefully it will all work out..... Good thoughts for you....

happy Anniversary to Steve and Annie.

Hugs to everyone else...



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #40792
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Now for the latest on Bow ....

Niece Allison, hubby James and 8 yo stepson Gardner took off in Bow on Friday afternoon around 4:00, headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. They called us around 6:30 to tell us they were dead on the side of the road about 4 miles from the state park entrance. James said all of sudden Bow started losing power, like it was running out of diesel. He said engine would crank, but then nothing. Would not run. He wondered if the fuel pump has gone out.

I called Good Sam's Roadside Assist & learned Kate or I had to be with the coach in order for them to have it towed. We each got in our own car and headed north. (Needed to leave a car for Allison & James.) Got there around 9:30. Good Sam told us it would be 11:46 before a tow truck could get to us. But, he came at 11:15 and towed Bow to the commercial campground 6 miles back, near I-27. Pulled her into the site Allison had arranged for by phone. Helped the kids set up then took off. Got home at 2:30am today.

Before they took off in Bow, I had discovered that the front roof AC was blowing air that was not cool. On monitor panel, noticed that it kept cycling between the red "Shed" light and the green light. Rear AC was blowing cold.

On Monday morning, Good Sam will have Bow towed to the nearest diesel mechanic shop that will work on RVs. Unfortunately, I fly to California on Sunday for meetings on Monday/Tuesday and don't get back until Wednesday at 5pm. I'm just sick. Kate is going to have to deal with the shop by phone. Not a good situation.


We are experiencing some of the trials and tribulations most of you have already dealt with. "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, Mama said. ....."

Any words of wisdom? Ideas? Thanks, everyone.

Mel

PS - This was our wedding gift to Allison, James, and Gardner. I'm just sick they didn't get to camp down in the canyon, that they had to deal with this breakdown, etc. But they are being such good sports about it all. They have Kate's car and are in the park now. Went on a horseback ride this morning. Go to the show at amphitheater tonight. Ohmmmmms to them for no more problems and Woots! for being such great sports!
Fuel filters are usually the first culprit. 2nd one is low oil. Down 2 quarts, might not start because low oil pressure kills fuel pump.
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #40793
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,804
Happy Anniversary Steve & Annie!
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:50 PM   #40794
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Happy Anniversary Steve & Annie!
Thanks Dave.

Hi Deb!

So when do you two head toward Arizona?
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #40795
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,654
We are at the OK RV Park in Holbrook. It is an expansive gravel lot and the folks are very nice. It's about to rain buckets.

The park is 24 miles from the Petrified Forest and 30ish to Winslow. We were about to head to Winslow when the storm began to brew.

They have a mini petrified forest next to the office here. If they had a pool it would be great but believe it or not, it's too cool to swim. Lol.

The drive from Abq today was great. Not a lot of wind. Traffic was light. The Rainbow is treating us right!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267470037.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	100516   Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267494706.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	100517  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267510410.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	100518   Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267528847.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	100519  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267549312.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	100520   Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267562838.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	100521  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1437267579159.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	100522  
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:04 PM   #40796
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Obviously you are not one to rush a decision. I can't imagine how long it takes you to decide which television show to watch. By the time you decide ... the show has been cancelled.

Just joking, of course. Congrats on a full year of wearing a wedding ring.
Annie had an engagement ring about 6 months after we met.... that sealed the deal. Time just flew by! And here we are. But ya got me. I am a channel hopping remote nut.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (6 members and 2 guests)
bokobird, DCHeck, geocacher, Papawto5, rezman, Wayne M
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.