Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #40965

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK mutants... those headed to Bryce...

We're keeping it loose but...
Marty and Bob are planning to arrive Bryce 8/19. Weather permitting Bob may be ready to fly 8/20... he has a spot picked out about an hour from Rubys. Takes a 1/2 hour to set up and off they go into the wild blue younger. May fly other days and it's a morning and / or evening thing. We will work that out as we go.

I would like to make reservations for Ebenezers Friday 8/21 and will need a head count. Will send an email to the group on that.

As for Jeep trails - and rentals - Jeff - for the unsupervised jeepers - you, Dave, Ed, Dwayne etc... can you (Jeff) look into trails for the Jeep owners...

Tim - are you still thinking of renting a jeep. We probably need to look into that.

I'm still thinking I might want to do the supervised ATV rental - 1 hour ride - right out of Rubys - or maybe the sunset ride.

http://www.rubysinn.com/activities-i...ded-atv-tours/

Then of course there's the park itself. Not sure of the best way to see the park... tour or let's all caravan...

More to come... and it's real mutants! Bryce is upon us....

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #40966

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
MULLET!
Them there are fighting words Captain Forehead!
See you at noon! Don't make me come looking for you!
I actually have a skullet...

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #40967

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
If he does, he'll have to beat what I had last year…donated it to locks of love…
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #40968
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Pictures or it didn't happen!
You need at least 12" to get this Got it chopped off prior to the Hail of a GC…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Certificate Of Appreciation.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	100791  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #40969

We did Bryce several years ago. The donkey ride was very good down to the bottom or the canyon. Some of the finest atv trails are all around the area. Along with hikes.
Just jealous!!!

Gary
gwlaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #40970

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
You need at least 12" to get this Got it chopped off prior to the Hail of a GC…
Pictures of you and your hair! Geeesss
Old 07-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #40971

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaeb View Post
We did Bryce several years ago. The donkey ride was very good down to the bottom or the canyon. Some of the finest atv trails are all around the area. Along with hikes.
Just jealous!!!
Ha Gary, are there good roads that 4wheel drives can take and see the canyon? My Tahoe is 4wheel drive but not lifted any!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #40972
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Pictures of you and your hair! Geeesss
I didn't normally keep it like this, was mainly in a pony tail, but I took this pic the day before I got it cut And come to think of it, haven't gotten it cut since This was actually the longest I ever had my hair even though I used to have it long when I was a teenage rebel…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1025.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	100792  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #40973

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I didn't normally keep it like this, was mainly in a pony tail, but I took this pic the day before I got it cut And come to think of it, haven't gotten it cut since This was actually the longest I ever had my hair even though I used to have it long when I was a teenage rebel…
Well I think I've got you beat! Regardless not sure how much longer before it comes off. Locks of love will get mine donated in memory of my buddy that just died of CA. I did have to trim my beard since I last saw you. People kept thinking I was with duck dynasty.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #40974
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Well I think I've got you beat! Regardless not sure how much longer before it comes off. Locks of love will get mine donated in memory of my buddy that just died of CA. I did have to trim my beard since I last saw you. People kept thinking I was with duck dynasty.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #40975
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen!! echo, echo, echo
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #40976

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen!! echo, echo, echo
Well I'm sure I'll be on posters following the shootout at the canyon with dirty Dave!
Old 07-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #40977

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Dwayne, you're a good man. What a generous thing for you to do for a fellow human being. We Feel so much gratitude for all the RVMs who fixed Bow's broken parts. We're always looking for ways to pay it forward.

It's really nice to hear that you are feeling so happy these days! Prayers for continued peace, happiness and "Good, good, good, good vibrations ...." 😉
I always try to pay it forward and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
X2 Dwayne!
You have shown the goodness that many of us try to show: pay it forward.

Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
CR-V Mutant is going in for her second oil change. Driving around the other day the wrench lit up. Might as well get er done while in the city -

BTW - Kingman is a pretty cool town. Lots of Route 66 history here. May not get to see it all with the other things going on but it will be on the return list. The weather is much cooler and nice than I would have imagined. Been at the picnic table in complete shade since 7 am... breezy and very nice!
If your in Kingman you need to drive a little southeast to Oatman it's awesome with live shoot outs and wild donkeys that walk in the stores.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #40978
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Okay. How many guys are gonna step up and compete with this?
Attachment 100677
Those toenails are going to go well with your Western skirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Hello all stress is lower rainbow is bright with the love of my life. Helped a man stuck on mt antaro put a new clutch in for him. When I was done he said man I'll pay you back. As soon as I can i told him to just pay it forward. If you see a man or woman in need help them. Now he payed for the clutch but didn't have the tools or the know how to do it. God it makes me feel so good to help someone. When I can. Have a great night
Well done my friend, well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Good on ya Dwayne. The ability to give without expectation of return truly is is a great feeling!

My own recent story:

I was traveling down the highway and came across some commotion on the side of the road. As I slowly drove by, I saw a group of cyclists sitting on the road with a group of people huddling around them. I passed, turned around and asked if they needed First Aid (I'm a Level 1 First Aid), to which they retorted "Yes Please"!
Apparently, the woman was crossing some rail road tracks and got her front cycle tire in the rail crossing, did an end over end and landed on her shoulder, elbow and hip. Her skin was gashed open on her elbow down to the bone.
I took out my first aid kit, administered first aid. Someone suggested calling an ambulance, however we were about 15 miles from the city and likely it would take 25 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. I could see she was going into shock. and offered to drive her and her husband to the hospital right away. They agreed and I helped her into my truck, put their bikes in the back and drove them to the Emergency.
I waited for her husband to take her in and then I drove him and the bikes home to get his own vehicle.
He couldn't thank me enough times and offered me money for my troubles.
I refused and said "Maybe one day I'll be on the side of the road and in need of help and I believe someone will also stop for me". I gave him my card and said "Just send me an email and let me know how your wife is doing".
He welled up in tears, shook my hand and said "Thank you so much again" and commended me on my Good Samaritan act.

I left with a full heart!
It made my day and I know it was a good thing to do! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
A well done to you Les, well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
I always try to pay it forward and thanks
[...]
The only way to live. What goes around, comes around.

Here is my story of the day. As we were driving into the RV park we stopped at the ice machine. I put my money in and nothing happened. Hmmm! Put a little more money in, just in case. Nothing happened. I pushed a few more buttons and finally the "Change" button. You would have thought I hit the jackpot. Quarters kept filling the coin return, then nickels. I told my neighbor what happened and he had the phone number for the owner of the machine. I called him, told him what happened and that after removing the money I put in he had $15 and some nickels coming to him if he would like to pick it up. He was very appreciative and is making arrangement to come get his money.

Found out he is a Wounded Warrior and he and his wife went into business supplying ice machines around the area.

Feels good.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote