Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #40979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Those toenails are going to go well with your Western skirt.

Well done my friend, well done.

A well done to you Les, well done.

The only way to live. What goes around, comes around.

Here is my story of the day. As we were driving into the RV park we stopped at the ice machine. I put my money in and nothing happened. Hmmm! Put a little more money in, just in case. Nothing happened. I pushed a few more buttons and finally the "Change" button. You would have thought I hit the jackpot. Quarters kept filling the coin return, then nickels. I told my neighbor what happened and he had the phone number for the owner of the machine. I called him, told him what happened and that after removing the money I put in he had $15 and some nickels coming to him if he would like to pick it up. He was very appreciative and is making arrangement to come get his money.

Found out he is a Wounded Warrior and he and his wife went into business supplying ice machines around the area.

Feels good.
That's wonderful. See if everyone did something like any of the stories just once a week people would be happier and no more hate. Well I can dream. After all I live on the rainbow.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 AM   #40980
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I didn't normally keep it like this, was mainly in a pony tail, but I took this pic the day before I got it cut And come to think of it, haven't gotten it cut since This was actually the longest I ever had my hair even though I used to have it long when I was a teenage rebel…
Now that you mention it, I do recall you having a ponytail when we went to the RV show in Tampa last January. So Carl, when will it be long enough to donate again?

I wish I could grow hair that anyone could use. Even back in the days when long straight hair was "in" my ponytail was about as big around as my pinkie. In the 40 years since my follicular count has dismissed significantly. If I grew it long today I imagine it might only be pencil size.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #40981
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Now that you mention it, I do recall you having a ponytail when we went to the RV show in Tampa last January. So Carl, when will it be long enough to donate again?

I wish I could grow hair that anyone could use. Even back in the days when long straight hair was "in" my ponytail was about as big around as my pinkie. In the 40 years since my follicular count has dismissed significantly. If I grew it long today I imagine it might only be pencil size.

When I was 7 years old i had long THICK hair and the braids were 15" That was long, my grandmother cut them off at the top. I still remember feeling liberated..... My mother packed them up.... About 6 years ago she found them, i took sent them to Lock of Love. They were still usable, even though they were 50 years old....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #40982
RVM1

Bryce Canyon off road info:
Some roads are ATV/UTV only, and some are also for OHVs (Jeeps, etc).
I think if we talk to the folks at Rubys we will find enough off road to suit us.
These will help:
http://www.utah.com/offroad/bryce_area.htm
http://www.utah.com/offroad/bryce_tr...TRAILS_MAP.pdf

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #40983
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
When I was 7 years old i had long THICK hair and the braids were 15" That was long, my grandmother cut them off at the top. I still remember feeling liberated..... My mother packed them up.... About 6 years ago she found them, i took sent them to Lock of Love. They were still usable, even though they were 50 years old....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
That's really neat. Hair is dead anyhow so I guess it would last…
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #40984
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It took close to 3 years to get it long enough to donate. Not sure I'm going to go that long again without cutting it…it's a lot of work having longer hair Heck, Tim was busy most of the night brushing his!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #40985
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
That's really neat. Hair is dead anyhow so I guess it would last…

Since they were still braided they said they were ok.... I would have never thought.... But glad they were saved all that time....

Btw.... Never again for me.... My hair is thick, which us good, but it gets heavy really fast.... Headachey heavy....

Tim.... Is that what you are doing.... If so kudos too. If not, kudos anyway... Smile.... Carl, you too....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #40986

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Since they were still braided they said they were ok.... I would have never thought.... But glad they were saved all that time....

Btw.... Never again for me.... My hair is thick, which us good, but it gets heavy really fast.... Headachey heavy....

Tim.... Is that what you are doing.... If so kudos too. If not, kudos anyway... Smile.... Carl, you too....

I actually brush it as little as possible. Every time a brush goes through it all kinds of critters fall out and more turns loose!

This summer it has stayed back in a ponytail or with a bandana ties around forehead, hence the Duck Dynasty remarks.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #40987

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carl, finally decided who you look like with the long hair. Malcolm Young (AC/DC)
Old 07-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #40988

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
If your in Kingman you need to drive a little southeast to Oatman it's awesome with live shoot outs and wild donkeys that walk in the stores.
Oatman is on the bucket list but will happen next time!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #40989

I believe the only way to the canyon bottom is donkey or hike
Outside there are hundreds of miles of 4 wheel opportunities. But since Bryce is a federal park. Very restricted.
If you need a fantastic day trip go to Zion.

Gary
gwlaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #40990

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
OK mutants... those headed to Bryce...

We're keeping it loose but...
Marty and Bob are planning to arrive Bryce 8/19. Weather permitting Bob may be ready to fly 8/20... he has a spot picked out about an hour from Rubys. Takes a 1/2 hour to set up and off they go into the wild blue younger. May fly other days and it's a morning and / or evening thing. We will work that out as we go.

I would like to make reservations for Ebenezers Friday 8/21 and will need a head count. Will send an email to the group on that.

As for Jeep trails - and rentals - Jeff - for the unsupervised jeepers - you, Dave, Ed, Dwayne etc... can you (Jeff) look into trails for the Jeep owners...

Tim - are you still thinking of renting a jeep. We probably need to look into that.

I'm still thinking I might want to do the supervised ATV rental - 1 hour ride - right out of Rubys - or maybe the sunset ride.

http://www.rubysinn.com/activities-i...ded-atv-tours/

Then of course there's the park itself. Not sure of the best way to see the park... tour or let's all caravan...

More to come... and it's real mutants! Bryce is upon us....
Hey Steve !!!

I think between Dwayne, Dave, Ed and myself we should be able to come up with an exciting trail or two for a Jeep trip with seating for non Jeep owners included, also it would work for other stock 4-wheel drive vehicles. Remember wheel placement is a key factor for any off-road trip.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #40991

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
It took close to 3 years to get it long enough to donate. Not sure I'm going to go that long again without cutting it…it's a lot of work having longer hair Heck, Tim was busy most of the night brushing his!
I'm with you Carl. What hair I have is longer than it has been since I was a teen. I considered having it cut yesterday. It hasn't been a year yet and I'm not sure I can keep it up. It's a noble cause and I would like to do it, but....

As for Tim and his constant primping at One Hail of a GC, I saw him too. He denies it now, but every time he walked by Bonita, I caught him looking in her mirrors - both of them as he walked by. And then the next coach, and the next. Primp Primp Primp. Lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #40992

I messed up that message thing again!!!

Gary
gwlaeb is offline   Reply With Quote