Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #4131

Not to change the subject abruptly, but there is a thread going concerning government shut down impacting Corps parks and National Parks. Just do an iRV2 search for "closure". It will point to the hot topic.

This is a game changer for us right now since we were all set to do a long series of visits to Corps parks. Holy smokes, I wonder if the shut-down will kill our planned trip down the Natchez Trace too !! Now I am bummed. There is a private park at one entry/exit in the Trace that we had made tentative reservations with. Ironic since we normally don't reserve ahead for anything. Now I may have to call and cancel.

For now, I guess it is "holding pattern" for us in our home driveway parking lot. Have two full hook ups. Any fellow mutants care to stop in? It can be like work camping. You wash and wax my bus ... I give free parking! LOL. Just joking, I really don't expect a guest to wax the bus.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #4132

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Moonrover - I read that thread as well. Did see the mods quickly get to the no politics rule - but the politics of it suggests to me it won't last long. The stand has been made on both sides satisfying fractions - the longer it goes the more folks feel it and the louder the hum gets.

Cliff indicated on the other thread and I concur - email your congress critter - they all have a way to be contacted online. This too shall pass. And while I have been wrong before - I suspect it will pass rather quickly.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #4133

Yes, it is in the "scare tactics" phase now. We've all seen this type of thing before. The sun will appear over the east horizon tomorrow right on schedule. Ready for the next rainbow. There always is a rainbow after a dark rainy day, eh? Us mutants are too old and wise to let a little political fuss inside the beltway keep us from enjoying the next rainbow.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #4134

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Once the Argentines get inside, you can get sticky fly paper stuff that lays down on window sills, under cabinets, hidden crawl-ways, etc. However, this may not turn out well with a curious monkey on board.
Luckily, we don't have ants. I was just giving Steve a possible solution. Ants and earwigs are the only 2 bugs that Sena won't eat. Sticky paper and Sena. I could win the $100,000 with a video of that, but also be charged with cruelty.

Boric acid powder is also effective against ants. Despite the warnings on the bottle, it is only slightly more toxic than common table salt. BUT... It is ineffective if it gets damp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #4135
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Since the C word came up.... Some, but not all know this.

Sore throat wouldn't go away, so I went in for a throat biopsy. It found throat cancer last January. Almost daily visits with different Dr. 6 weeks daily radiation (only took 15 minutes) and Chemo every Thursday for 6 weeks. Didn't get the nausea, but taste buds took a vacation and are just now coming back. Lost ~30 lbs. I'm around 104 right now. Extreme dry mouth. Energy level sucks and I get tired easily. Hair has grown back except below the chin line I always kept trimmed real short anyway. I know I should be exercising, but I've always been lazy. Some of you already knew, but now everybody does. Ask away... I have nothing to hide. Now all of you know how much a mutant I am. It showed clear May 13th. I still have to go for follow-up PEP/CTI/MRI scans. in Nov.

Thanks for all the good words and prayers.

I've cut down smoking from 3 packs a day to , <1 cigarette a day using the patches and putting the smokes out of site did it.
Glad to hear that you are doing better, bud. I wish I could get my hubby to stop smoking.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #4136
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The Grand Curiosity Jockeying has taken over and filled my email. Had to bow out for a while.
Not to mention I am a bit preoccupied with finding out my Mom has cancer and been dealing with that. Flew home to be with her for a few days to find out what's what and what's to come. Lots of tests right now.
Sorry to hear this, DP. My very best wishes to your mother and family.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #4137

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
...Us mutants are too old and wise to let a little political fuss inside the beltway keep us from enjoying the next rainbow.
As long as the rainbow doesn't extend to some unknown destination without a pot of gold at the end. LOL

I just bought me a new road race bicycle, heading to the bike shop to fine tune the fitting and I'm gonna enjoy my day off. I've got a 30 mile, stress relief ride just waiting to be done.

Ah...but it is practice in mutating into a lower income, retired free bird.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #4138

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think we all would agree that in a smack down between Dunner and almost any opponent, Dunner always wins.

Glad you are better, my friend, and I hope the taste buds are back in time to enjoy that luscious melon growing in your yard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #4139

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Does this look familiar to anyone? LOL

Attachment 46946
Hello Herb,

Just a quick note to let you know we put our deposit down today at CL for site #110. The staff were real friendly and helpful.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #4140

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I think we all would agree that in a smack down between Dunner and almost any opponent, Dunner always wins.
Dunner is the man.....
Quote:

Glad you are better, my friend, and I hope the taste buds are back in time to enjoy that luscious melon growing in your yard.
I send along the same sentiments. I look to Mike as a good friend I need to meet face to face. Barb you are a joy to chat with on and off list and so is Wayne. I am looking forward to eventually meeting more of you face to face.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #4141

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The Grand Curiosity Jockeying has taken over and filled my email. Had to bow out for a while.
Not to mention I am a bit preoccupied with finding out my Mom has cancer and been dealing with that. Flew home to be with her for a few days to find out what's what and what's to come. Lots of tests right now.
Hi Les,

Marcia and I are sorry to hear about your Mom and we hope that the Dr's can find a good solution for her Cancer, we will keep you in our prayers for a good outcome from the tests.

Dunner we are wishing you the best as well, I know it seems difficult now, but it has to get better, we are keeping you in our prayers as well.

The big C has touched on both my and Marcia's family as well, so we well understand the anxiety it causes.

Wishing you both the best,
Jeff
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #4142

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
As I explained to Les on the phone my sister-in-law (Denise' youngest sister) has been cancer free for 26 years and she had the operation when cancer was still to be feared.

The world of medicine has come a long way and most of the people we (Denise and I) know who were afflicted with cancer are all still alive. We have only lost one friend to the fight with the big C and that gentleman died over 15 years ago.

We send along our best wishes and everything for Les' mom, dunner and everyone afflicted that we know about.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #4143

Vintage RV Owners Club
OK...here is pic I could get...hubby took the ladder and put it away...so o climbed the back ladder and hung on for dear life and did best I could for now.... too close for good perspective.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131001_125114.png
Views:	106
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	46984

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131001_125140.png
Views:	96
Size:	456.1 KB
ID:	46985
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #4144

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Herb, Just a quick note to let you know we put our deposit down today at CL for site #110. The staff were real friendly and helpful. Cheers !!!
Thanks jeep!