Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2015, 04:31 AM   #41511
MPH

Bow isn't ready. Amarillo Cummins shop called today. Will likely be Tuesday before we can pick her up. No stay at Palo Duro SP this weekend for us ... even if they had a site open -- which they don't. Tim and Mary, hope y'all can get in on your trip home!

About the time y'all are headed home from Bryce, I'll be with some gals from work at Lake Alan Henry. One of them has a beautiful boat she's bringing, another has a TT, and I'll have Bow there. Six of us and plenty of adult beverages. Took this same bunch to our mountain home in Ruidoso several times. We always have a great time. Every one of them is a Mutant at heart. Two of them just recently purchased TTs. (Guess I started a thing!)

Hope all y'all going to Bryce have a wonderful time and great (as in hail-free) weather. Sounds like it'll be a real "wet and wild" experience. Wish we could be there to see what will likely be the largest water-gun shootout in the world. My money's on Tim. With a tag like HUNTnski, all y'all better watch out. No one is safe.

M
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2015, 04:49 AM   #41512
MPH

Forgot to mention that we signed up for a Verizon plan with 10 gigs of data. Also, rather than a Jetpack at $20 per month, we got their LG tablet for $10 a month. It has a much stronger battery than our iPhone and we'll use it as a hotspot for the laptop.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:27 AM   #41513

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Not now, I haven't made up, I mean layed out all the facts!

It's like a chain reaction!
Miss a fuel stop- no problem- another one just down the road!
Fuel getting lower, bladder getting fuller!
Wreak on interstate delays us, traffic tied up, did I mention bladder getting fuller!
Finally rain and darkness sets in! I decide to pull in short of the second fuel stop.
Rain stops, heat comes back, tank so low the gen won't run!!
DW and I are Wallydocking, drinking cold ones till bedtime! Thankfully the super fans are working!
Good thing you didn't run out of fuel... bad things happen with a diesel....

What happened to stopping every couple hours to stretch?
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #41514

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hi Herb - do you have a place in mind. I have heard the same thing... looks to one beautiful place.

Steve I do not have a place in mind. My brother told me about this place but beyond that I will have to do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #41515
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
This is a picture of the lake I live above in the summer sun.
The color is real!
The minerals in the lake make it that color.
We boated on this lake for ten years till we put in a pool and the boat didn't get used enough to keep it.

Many call Kalamalka Lake the "Jewel of the Okanagan" and is why National Geographic named it as one on the "Top Ten Most Beautiful Lakes in the World".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	101748  
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #41516

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wow Les that is beautiful! Can't imagine waking up everyday to see that if I lived on that lake.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #41517

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve you and Annie come join us at Cor D' Lane ( prolly botched that spelling) cause I've heard that place is beautiful!
LOL. Yep, ya prolly botched that spelling. Coeur d' Alene. And it is only about a 3 hour drive from our home so we'll come visit too!

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #41518

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That would be great! So where do you recommend we stay?

Old 08-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #41519
MPH

Oh, forgot to say "Happy 39th Birthday" to you, Earlene!!!! And many more!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #41520

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So even when driving down Las Vegas Blvd. in CR-V Mutant, Annie and I are mixing it up with the big boys.
Neat trick getting the CRVMutant up the side of that building! That is you ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Bow isn't ready. Amarillo Cummins shop called today. Will likely be Tuesday before we can pick her up. No stay at Palo Duro SP this weekend for us ... even if they had a site open -- which they don't. Tim and Mary, hope y'all can get in on your trip home!
Boo on Bow not being available to meet Arrow.
Quote:

About the time y'all are headed home from Bryce, I'll be with some gals from work at Lake Alan Henry. One of them has a beautiful boat she's bringing, another has a TT, and I'll have Bow there. Six of us and plenty of adult beverages. Took this same bunch to our mountain home in Ruidoso several times. We always have a great time. Every one of them is a Mutant at heart. Two of them just recently purchased TTs. (Guess I started a thing!)
Lets see here... You are a mutant and you hang with some other undeclared mutants and you haven't started them on the right path to mutantcy? Oh the humanity.
Quote:

Hope all y'all going to Bryce have a wonderful time and great (as in hail-free) weather. Sounds like it'll be a real "wet and wild" experience. Wish we could be there to see what will likely be the largest water-gun shootout in the world. My money's on Tim. With a tag like HUNTnski, all y'all better watch out. No one is safe. M
They better not want me to make the great GC as I'm from the great northwet and know a lot of things about water and getting it all over other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
This is a picture of the lake I live above in the summer sun.
The color is real!
The minerals in the lake make it that color.
We boated on this lake for ten years till we put in a pool and the boat didn't get used enough to keep it.

Many call Kalamalka Lake the "Jewel of the Okanagan" and is why National Geographic named it as one on the "Top Ten Most Beautiful Lakes in the World".
OK Les Fess up and tell them that the lake is the outfall of the secret BC nuclear project.

I will second Les' claim of the Lake being absolutely beautiful Denise and I (pre mutancy days) camped there in our TT for a weekend. It is everything Les claims.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #41521

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
That would be great! So where do you recommend we stay?
Unfortunately...We have never camped there. We do spend quite a bit of time up that way geocaching and Dale has a brother that lives there. We have always stayed in motels when there.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #41522
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thank you all for Earlene's birthday wishes. I took her to dinner last evening for Japanese teppanyaki. Ummm! Good!

Dennis, Sorry to hear about the finger. Hope it was not the one you use when driving and waving to other drivers.

Herb, leaving here and heading North. Yanks RV Resort for two days, the Petaluma, CA for 4 days, then heading North again. We don't expect to start heading back until some time in September. October is a nice time to return home.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #41523

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Unfortunately...We have never camped there. We do spend quite a bit of time up that way geocaching and Dale has a brother that lives there. We have always stayed in motels when there.
I was looking at McCall RV park again - and monthly there is $600 + electric. That might be an option for us. Really ready for an extended stay and the area has a lot to offer as well. Then maybe move somewhere in the Core D Alene area. Still time to figure it out. And Bryce is going to be off the charts, Mutant Style.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #41524

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
OK Guru's I'm using XP and Firefox. How in heck do I get the flash player reinstalled so i can view video again? Suddenly quit a couple of days ago and it has me mystified?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote