Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 01:30 AM   #41679

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herbie.... chop chop!

See ya there!

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:33 AM   #41680

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
No rise here. It looks like something we'd see here in Idaho.
Oh yeah... I just like to poke the jeepers cause they think I don't underatand. I do understand fully. Lol.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:43 AM   #41681

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Oh yeah! Out our back door and deeper than the grand canyon. Dale has been from Hells Canyon Dam to Pittsburg Landing on raft and we both have been from Lewiston, ID/Clarkston, WA on Jet Boat to where the Salmon River comes in. We have also driven into Pittsburg Landing in our rigs from White Bird, ID. We have also gone in on 4 wheelers from Lucile, ID to Kirkwood Historic Ranch. They have a mail box on the river there and the mail is delivered by boat. There is a museum there too. I have the trip shared on everytraildotcom. Kirkwood ATV Ride - trip | EveryTrail Each of those little pins is a picture that was taken at the location of that pin.
Hmmmm... I was looking at the jet boat but got sucked in by the small mouth bass guide - sounds like something Annie would like. I'm working the angle on spending a month in McCall - it's about 75 miles to White Bird as I recall... would make for an early morning to fish - but that's usually the case....

The drive sounds a little ominous - but I haven't read the Mountain West guide yet. 8,000 foot drop to the bottom.... wow!

I'll follow the link tomorrow.
Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:11 AM   #41682
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Gary! Lisa found you a new rainbow rider yet? Sure wish you two could join us at Bryce. They do have a hotel ya know... lol.
And cabins and teepees as part of the campground!

Bryce Canyon Lodging | RV Park / Campground - Bryce Canyon Lodging |
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:32 AM   #41683

Quote:
Dwayne, find a place... throw it out there. It's not required that Dave and I be there.... we both sort decide where we're going (he toward his family - us toward Annies family.) Then we see if we can cross paths. If we can - we have the luxury of inviting other mutants to join us and call that a GC, cause we're sort of the original nuts, I mean mutants. Any other curiosity is either a Mini a Midi and I believe there will one day be a Jumbo Midi... bigger than any GC ever - and neither Dave nor I will be there. We will hire people to portray us....

As for $ exclusionary - it's unintended. Some of us want full hookups, even demand it. Some of us want other amenities. Some want to be in the woods. And some of us are old and retired like Tim and Wayne and need to keep things simple. Many of us have spent a lifetime not keeping up with Jones so we can do what we do now. If that makes us Joneses to be kept up with then I guess I'm guilty. But it is pretty funny cause we were never Joneses before, and don't care what others do or how. We don't try to keep up with anything but ourselves.

Another thing that influences location is time. We who full time don't need to maximize out time. But Ed is working, Herb is working, as are many mutants near and far. This often means being at the doors of Bryce - or other attractions. It's just easier and quicker. Then there's size - we have folks up to 45 feet. It's hard to please everyone.

So did you make it to Sturgis?
Like I said steve I was not trying to get anyone upset. It was a simple question. I'm sorry if it upset you that was not my intention at all. And almost there steve. Good day to all.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #41684

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Like I said steve I was not trying to get anyone upset. It was a simple question. I'm sorry if it upset you that was not my intention at all. And almost there steve. Good day to all.
Dwayne - you can't upset me brother - and I'm not upset. I was just stating the facts as I see them. You seem to find nice places and if you find one that you think would work for 10 to 20+ coaches of all sizes you should post up.

Even through Rubys is a little pricey - it's got things some of us are interested in. Helicopter and air plane tours, the Ebenezers Barn and grill, ATV rental etc. There are parks in Brekenridge and other places that run $80 to $100 a night. Few can afford to do everything but one part of this for many mutants is vacation time and activities. That varies but having those things is a draw. Seeing and meeting other mutants is a bonus. When we compare full time spending to vacation spending - the vacationers will always out spend us.

I can't stress enough - find it and if we can, we will make it. Dave and I both scout for other places wherever we are and I routinely come up with little or no places I would suggest for a group of 10 or 20+. I guess we just don't go to the right places.

The only thing I can say is that I and some others have 20+ years on you. Having just retired with 27 years at the same company, I don't feel a bit of guilt for the way we roll. We paid it forward for our retirement. We traded a 20 and 17 year old Jaguar in when we bought our car. We spent a long time living below our means to make this possible and have no regrets, and no animosity toward anyone.

Other mutants suggested some places back a year or two ago and I have the locations on my laptop. If I stop having fun long enough to set it up, I will take a look. I think there were some COE places mentioned.

Next year the plan is to go to the Maritimes. That will cost us but at first count I think there were 10 or so up for that. Since it will be $$$ maybe someplace state side in the vacintiy will work. Problem is - New England isn't cheap either and reservations need to be made in advance. That's the other thing - we have to be able to lock in spaces. We can just show up.

Again - not upset - and it's harder to pull these together than you might think. Give it a try, cause it is rewarding!!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #41685

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hmmmm... I was looking at the jet boat but got sucked in by the small mouth bass guide - sounds like something Annie would like. I'm working the angle on spending a month in McCall - it's about 75 miles to White Bird as I recall... would make for an early morning to fish - but that's usually the case....

The drive sounds a little ominous - but I haven't read the Mountain West guide yet. 8,000 foot drop to the bottom.... wow!

I'll follow the link tomorrow.
Thanks!!
People take their travel trailers in there, and we have been to Pittsburg in our car. It's not as bad as it sounds. They have improved the road from McCall to White Bird too. If you want company, we could meet you at Hoots Cafe and go with you.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #41686

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
People take their travel trailers in there, and we have been to Pittsburg in our car. It's not as bad as it sounds. They have improved the road from McCall to White Bird too. If you want company, we could meet you at Hoots Cafe and go with you.
Sounds like a hoot!
So what do you think the latest date to head south for AZ would be...
Old 08-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #41687

Greetings folks from 35,000 ft over the Irish Sea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438707038.696992.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	102058

'Twas a good smooth flight but not much sleep though and a little delay over the 'Watford Stack'

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438707171.803473.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	102059

Sue and I are now recovering in a hotel near LHR before setting out tomorrow on the first leg of our adventure to a cozy little cottage near Bristol.

Will stay in touch with pics!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #41688

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Greetings folks from 35,000 ft over the Irish Sea.

Attachment 102058

'Twas a good smooth flight but not much sleep though and a little delay over the 'Watford Stack'

Attachment 102059

Sue and I are now recovering in a hotel near LHR before setting out tomorrow on the first leg of our adventure to a cozy little cottage near Bristol.

Will stay in touch with pics!
Hi Martin... Hi Sue!
That loop d' loop looks like my GPS...

Have a great time! We miss you guys.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #41689

For your viewing pleasure

Gary
gwlaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #41690

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Once again - the pool is our oyster...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1438711462766.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	102066  
Old 08-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #41691

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Old 08-04-2015, 01:31 PM   #41692

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
August Birthdays
1 - Art Redmond (#94.5)
2- Jan Marrocco (#28,5)

11 - Marty and Bob annuversary (#45)

Happy Days all

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Hey, Di
Here's another Aug birthday:
1 Aug RVM 118 Jerry
Also
12 July RVM 118.5 Jan

sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote