Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #41749

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh lucid one...
Sorry I had to cut the call short - but the weed eater and mower were just too loud. We got the bike moved to the other end of the picnic table lol. Annie almost rode it...

It already hotter than a firecracker here. Geesh. See you soon!

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #41750
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Ta Da ! Got our coach back from the dealer. Seems shipshape and eager to head for Bryce on Saturday a.m. Itchin' to hit the rainbow. Can't wait to see our next 4,000 to 5,000 miles of these beautiful United States.

Bad news - - sorta. Doctor has put me on a fast acting insulin at meal times along with my once-a-day shot at night. Monitoring my levels that often may be enough to encourage me to seek alternative diet options.

Tomorrow we are taking oldest GS to a Cincinnati Reds game (that 3 GS's and 5 games this summer). He's 12 and was the leader in all the offensive and defensive stats on his travel team. He's a catcher. He's grown around 7-8 inches in the past year.

Wish us "happy trails to you" as we ease on out to Bryce. Ohms to all that need them (health related and mechanical).

Papa Steve..... Getting used to the fast acting Insulin is a trick..... Do not take your shot until you have food in front of you.... Larry has had sugar drops by having to wait in restaurants...
Also IF it does... Your best bet is appke juice with sugar added to it.... Faster than anything else... In fact now we keep bottles stashed near him...
You will have to be more diligent on eating the right number of carbs for the insulin....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #41751

Vintage RV Owners Club
Where's Barb and Sena... they haven't posted in a bit...wondering if they are ok.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #41752
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Wayne we have had some pretty wild lightening hits in our area. The one fire at Dog Mountain (about 10 miles west south west of us is almost out and lightening started another big fire west north west of us but the wind is blowing this way. Still its quite a ways off and we should fare well.

The news is claiming a big low is causing warm moist air to come out of the north and swirl around the hot high between us and Washington and may cause violent lightening and thunder in the Seattle area.

Best I can do being I was watching the news through almost closed eyes.
We are watching the fires all along the route. We still have several days here so maybe it will be more contained when we start North. Smoke is not something we want to be in. Funny that the wind is blowing it to the West according to State web reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Well if it wasn't for bad luck we would have none. The transmission in the rv blew no forward gears. And in reverse it locks down and kills the engine. Oh well we will make it.
Oh no! So sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Dwayne, we feel your pain. Ohmmmmms heading your way.

We picked up Bow at the Cummins shop. $4600. Ouch. But she's running like new now .... after they jumped her. They had turned on both coach ACs and left em on. (What the hey???!!!) Batteries were stone cold dead. I think everybody in that shop went in Bow to look around. When I paid out, the woman at the register said, "I like that your motorhome has laminate flooring instead of carpet. Looks nice."

Paid Freightliner $2,700 for the new compressor they installed. But, the dash AC is not blowing cold at all. Do I have any recourse except to argue with with them if they try to charge me again to fix it properly? I need to find out if there is any warranty on their work.

Wayne, how is Citrus behaving? Ohmmmmms for continued healthy RV running! (I think Bow must be older sister to Citrus.) Y'all are in one of the most beautiful places n the country right now. Know you are enjoying it. Post more pics, please!

Time to get ready for w#@k! Hope all Mutants everywhere have a happy day on the Rainbow!

M
Well, we are still having that "drop-down-jack" on the left front. Fortunately we are in a fairly level site so I just have to bump it once in a while. I hope we continue to get level sites.

Regarding Freightliner, there should be a 30 day guarantee, but read the paper work they gave you or give them a call.

It is 72˚ at 10:00 a.m. and just wonderful sitting here with the windows open and a cool breeze blowing. If anyone wants to escape the heat for the summer, the Left Coast is the place to do it. One just has to get used to the high $$ RV parks. I'm in a military park right now at less $$ a night so that is not bad. Next stop is for 2 nights up the highway at $115 for the 2 nights, but then military again with just WE at considerably less a night. Just lucky we can stay at those parks.

Since we coined the name "Citrus," you can use her cousing, "Lime."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #41753

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Where's Barb and Sena... they haven't posted in a bit...wondering if they are ok.
I've been e-mailing with her so she is OK probably just busy.

Steve is this Nevada Northern Railway Museum Historic train ride what we were chatting about?
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #41754
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Just lucky we can stay at those parks.
I don't think it's luck Wayne, sort of a deserving benefit for your fine service…I'm just surprised not all veterans are aware those exist. When I was in FL over the winter, I met a guy across from me (we went motorcycle riding) and he (Marine) wasn't aware of that benefit. Made sure he was and places he should consider. He's going back this winter to the same place however, he has a good deal there based on his usage.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #41755

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I've been e-mailing with her so she is OK probably just busy.

Steve is this Nevada Northern Railway Museum Historic train ride what we were chatting about?
I found the members name - Inyo Driver - he did not join the mutants - but this is the link to the train he was associated with in some way.

http://www.nsrm-friends.org/inyo22.html

Need to do a little more digging...

Edit... 400+ miles away in Carson City...
Old 08-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #41756

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I don't think it's luck Wayne, sort of a deserving benefit for your fine service…I'm just surprised not all veterans are aware those exist. When I was in FL over the winter, I met a guy across from me (we went motorcycle riding) and he (Marine) wasn't aware of that benefit. Made sure he was and places he should consider. He's going back this winter to the same place however, he has a good deal there based on his usage.
Wayne deserves it! But for all his talk of great weather... not 1 picture....
Old 08-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #41757

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I found the members name - Inyo Driver - he did not join the mutants - but this is the link to the train he was associated with in some way.

V&T #22 "INYO"

Need to do a little more digging...

Edit... 400+ miles away in Carson City...
I would love to see that thing but on their home page I found a calendar of running dates and if you and Annie would like to take a steam train ride check out steam days (yellow on the calendar) then it ain't all that far to Carson City is it?

http://www.nsrm-friends.org/
Old 08-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #41758

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I would love to see that thing but on their home page I found a calendar of running dates and if you and Annie would like to take a steam train ride check out steam days (yellow on the calendar) then it ain't all that far to Carson City is it?

http://www.nsrm-friends.org/
It will have to remain on the list... not the distance so much as the time now. Leaving Saturday for St George for 5 days - then on to Bryce!!

If you make the AZ journey for winter... you could go through Truckee in the snow!
Old 08-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #41759

It is indeed a cozy little cottage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438797500.290484.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	102141

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438797543.651351.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	102142

I'm getting reacquainted to driving on the correct side of the road in a stick shift Audi A4 diesel. It has this quirky fuel saving system of turning off the engine whenever you stop at a light - the first time it happened I thought I had stalled it. The other thing I'm having to get used to is the local high banked roads that are not much more than 10ft wide. Passing bays are provided every 200 yds. or so.

Sue and I are now settling in and working out what to do and where to go over the next week we are here.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #41760

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post

Attachment 102141

Attachment 102142

I'm getting reacquainted to driving on the correct side of the road in a stick shift Audi A4 diesel. It has this quirky fuel saving system of turning off the engine whenever you stop at a light - the first time it happened I thought I had stalled it. The other thing I'm having to get used to is the local high banked roads that are not much more than 10ft wide. Passing bays are provided every 200 yds. or so.

Sue and I are now settling in and working out what to do and where to go over the next week we are here.
It took me a while to get used to driving from where the passenger is supposed to sit too.

If you are going to be anywhere near Devon try taking in the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway run. The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway | The Last Narrow-Gauge Railway Adventure Happens to be my favoritest railway in the world. From what I hear its the most scenic area of the UK.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #41761
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Thanks, all one has to do is be retired military or 100% disabled. I prefer my status of retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne deserves it! But for all his talk of great weather... not 1 picture....
Would you like a picture of the blue sky? Maybe Earlene has some pictures she will share. I'll ask her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post

Attachment 102141

Attachment 102142

When we were in the Far East we had to drive on the "wrong" side of the road and sit in the "wrong" side of a car for 3 years. In the learning process my biggest problem would be pulling out of a parking lot. For some odd reason I always wanted to turn into the right hand lane. It was sure funny and odd when we returned to the states and the same thing applied.

I feel your 10ft widths, although that may be a little wide. I can remember traversing down streets and there was a 1/4 inch of clearance and then sometime you had to maneuver the mirror around the other cars mirror. I would go real real slow but the natives zoomed around like it was nothing.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #41762
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Approximately 40 years ago we started our camping lives in this:

1972 Chevy Sportvan 20 equipped by TravCo. Slept 4 - two adults and to children (or small persons) in a bunk above the bed in the rear. The bed served as a daytime table. Two burner propane stove. Propane furnace for heat (and did it heat) Sink with the gray water drain a garden hose connection to the outside. A porta-potty that was a box with a padded lid that opened to a toilet seat and a bucket underneath that (with chemicals). Air conditioning was two windows down and speeding down the highway (top closed of course).

Those were the days, and now are the days.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	img001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	102164