Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4215
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Send up a smoke signal.

TWo long puffs for M
Two short and one long for U
One long for T
One short and one long for A
Two long and one short for N
One Long for T

"Pause"

Three short puffs for S
One long puff for T
3 long puffs for O
1 short, two longs, one short for P

You will have mutated.
You know I had a 58 ford that sent up signals much like that. Who knew it was trying to communicate?
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4216
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Anyone wanna know why Denise and I just cut up our sears cards? BTW we do not owe them a dime.
Sure.
__________________

__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #4217
Senior Member
 
HerbnBarb's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,558
Ditto brother! But I had to learn the hard way . When I was younger I got myself chained to them suckers. I cut em up into little pieces and paid em off finally vowed never again. If I can't pay cash.... I don't need it. Coach is almost paid for then I'm home free!
__________________
'08 Winnebago Journey 39Z 350 Cummins w/ Freightliner Chassis, '14 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Herb n Barb, Abby, Molly, Gidget
HerbnBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #4218
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So I accidently got to the first post in this here mutant thread of ours and was laughing by the time I got through the list....
[/SIZE][/FONT]


Have none of that but a spare tire and the only fridge/freezer we have is pretty mini... 3ftx4ft maybe? I think I'm the dishwasher...I don't even know what scan Guage and diamond shield are... it all just hit my funny bone this time... that's all. Just thought I'd tell ya.
Hi Marty,

So how did things go with your Honey project today ? Marcia and I are wishing you the best on it.

As far as the list of have and dont have's well some things I have and some I dont, the ones I dont have I dont miss. I think thats why I began reading this thread in the first place and how I ended up becoming RVM 39, this is a fantastically mutated group of mutants.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #4219
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

The temps sound great for April, is there a place where we can get firewood for campfires, since Marcia and I dont do a lot of campfires it sounds very relaxing to be able to have one, and besides what better way to while away the evening hours with an adult beverage and the company of good friends and talking about different places we've been to.

Cheers !!!
Campfires! Each site does have a fire ring maybe 3 ft round with shelf for cooking. Problem may be the amount of lawn chair space surrounding the campfires may not accommodate our full group. I ask about a area near the pavilion that we could use for a campfire and was told it was possible that one may be built by April but not probable. The pavilion does have grills that can be moved around.they are low round grills, see pic in one of my previous post.

They have firewood for sale at camp store. Unless we have a horrible winter I should be able to bring over quit a bit of firewood for group use!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #4220
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Campfires! Each site does have a fire ring maybe 3 ft round with shelf for cooking. Problem may be the amount of lawn chair space surrounding the campfires may not accommodate our full group. I ask about a area near the pavilion that we could use for a campfire and was told it was possible that one may be built by April but not probable. The pavilion does have grills that can be moved around.they are low round grills, see pic in one of my previous post.

They have firewood for sale at camp store. Unless we have a horrible winter I should be able to bring over quit a bit of firewood for group use!
Hey Tim !!,

I saw the low round grills from your photo's, and a 3 foot fire ring maybe a bit to small its hard to say, who knows how the evenings will end up, but I'm hopeful we will have a good sized meet and greet where we can get everyone together.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #4221
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
For anyone thinking about volenteereing as social coordinator I will gladly help in any way.
There are lots of interesting things to do in and around Hot Springs and good day trips to areas outside of HS. Did you know that AR has the only Diamond mine in the continental US? There are miles upon miles of bicycle trail that cross the AR river over ped/bike only bridges. One such bridge is built over the lock and dam and is referred to as "The Big Dam Bridge". Believe in the healing power of quartz? There are several mines nearby!

I've heard several say that this will be there first trip to AR I will do all I can to make this a positive trip for all!

You PM me with areas of interest and I'll research it.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #4222
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,149
Sears Canada Scam.....
Our dear friend who passed away was very cognizant of her failing health and had all her credit cards covered by insurance.

DW called Sears on Monday to inform them of the death of her friend and asking for a fax number to send the relevant papers, death certificate, page one of will naming DW executor, tc etc.

On the Tuesday we finally got through to the fax in their head office to send said pages.

The following Friday (all the same week BTW) we got a letter from Sears addressed to the deceased thanking her for her business and asking why she cancelled her insurance on her account. The day they claim she cancelled the insurance was two days after she died and two days before we contacted them.

can someone please spell, "slime buckets" and all this for a measly $646.00 outstanding.

Our letter from our lawyer was sent registered mail this morning.
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #4223
Senior Member
 
Oldme's Avatar
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sears Canada Scam.....
Our dear friend who passed away was very cognizant of her failing health and had all her credit cards covered by insurance.

DW called Sears on Monday to inform them of the death of her friend and asking for a fax number to send the relevant papers, death certificate, page one of will naming DW executor, tc etc.

On the Tuesday we finally got through to the fax in their head office to send said pages.

The following Friday (all the same week BTW) we got a letter from Sears addressed to the deceased thanking her for her business and asking why she cancelled her insurance on her account. The day they claim she cancelled the insurance was two days after she died and two days before we contacted them.

can someone please spell, "slime buckets" and all this for a measly $646.00 outstanding.

Our letter from our lawyer was sent registered mail this morning.
Sorry to hear about all the problems, especially under those circumstances.

It is amazing the stories about sears.

I sent a certified letter to sears CEO on August 30,2012.
I have the signed for receipt. They still have NOT replied.
I hope daily, that they will soon follow Montgomery Wards
and JM Fields down the same path.
__________________
We are K&K for Kathy & Ken - Both retired.
She accounting, he Law Enforcement
Oldme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #4224
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,874
Blog Entries: 1
Howdy folks!!!!

We are back among the connected and have caught up with family.
In our fav Prescott camp, Point of Rocks. Tired of driving for a while. About 6000 miles since July. 2 weeks here, then.....?

Smoke signals? Tried to send some back in 1967 at university. Got no replies. ;-)

Tried to catch up here. Impossible! How about we are very much. looking forward to April?

And then there is the North Rim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-706162357.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	47065
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1189741213.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	47066  
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #4225
Senior Member
 
Toyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
Strange it shows up on mine.

Maybe I did something wrong, I'll try again.

11-06-2012 002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Now I see it... forgot what I was supposed to see though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Had a huge thunder storm here on Sunday night. Trees down. Power outages. Huge hail.


Attachment 47011
I hope you wern't flying any kites..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
My new stress relief tool. Prepping for day two of not working. LOL
A man powered shuttle for the Enterprise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Ok my Fellow Mutants,

I have a question, I have a florescent light in the coach that doesnt want to work all the time, I have a switch on the light, and another switch for the same light on the wall. For a time using the wall switch the light wouldnt come on, my remedy at the time was, leave the wall switch on and use the switch on the light itself, well now the problem is that when I turn the light switch on, I have to give the light a small tap of the fingers and it will light.
Now its not that I need this light to work, there are plenty of other lights, but I would like the light to work properly since I have it, could it be just the Thin-Lite bulbs are getting bad ? or would it be the exciter thats getting bad ?. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Cheers !!!
I ended up moving the bulbs around and determined it was the light fixture, not the bulb(s), usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Howdy folks!!!!

We are back among the connected and have caught up with family.
In our fav Prescott camp, Point of Rocks. Tired of driving for a while. About 6000 miles since July. 2 weeks here, then.....?

Smoke signals? Tried to send some back in 1967 at university. Got no replies. ;-)

Tried to catch up here. Impossible! How about we are very much. looking forward to April?

And then there is the North Rim.

Attachment 47065
Great photos!
__________________
Don (RVM19) & Mary,
Furry friends Sophia & Zander
2006 Coachmen Freedom 289QB | 2004 Jeep

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #4226
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,328
Well no hogs but got back and the peoples next door dogs got a hold of a deer so i grabbed my bow to shoot the deer good shot but she ran across the road tried to get it and the woman across the street said no you can't come over here and track it. What is this world coming to? The right thing to do is find the deer not let it lie
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #4227
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

Hi Marty,

So how did things go with your Honey project today ? Marcia and I are wishing you the best on it.

As far as the list of have and dont have's well some things I have and some I dont, the ones I dont have I dont miss. I think thats why I began reading this thread in the first place and how I ended up becoming RVM 39, this is a fantastically mutated group of mutants.

Cheers !!!
No work on roof...replaced tail light cover that someone broke...not the woman driver...when she does damage....she does it in a big way....put tarp back on as 'they' are predicting wet stuff falling from overhead.
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #4228
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed
Well no hogs but got back and the peoples next door dogs got a hold of a deer so i grabbed my bow to shoot the deer good shot but she ran across the road tried to get it and the woman across the street said no you can't come over here and track it. What is this world coming to? The right thing to do is find the deer not let it lie
Perhaps she found it for herself.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
huntnski
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.