Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 10:45 PM   #42295

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mel, you seem to have fixed many things, spending huge sums of money. Why spend $2000 for easy A/C when you have good overheads and a Genny. It actually uses no more fuel to run the Genny than to turn on the dash unit. The added benefit is the overhead units cool better.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #42296

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ you know where to find us. A Curiosity is better than counselling. Just sayin...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:05 PM   #42297

Wayne, bearded Santa is don of course. He hasn't shaved or trimmed since GCCL redux
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:07 PM   #42298

Annnnd, Steve is giddily awaiting his muties.......see you soon!!!!!
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:11 PM   #42299

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Wayne, bearded Santa is don of course. He hasn't shaved or trimmed since GCCL redux
I can't believe he's let himself go like that!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:20 PM   #42300

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Does this look familar???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439615987994.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	103368  
Old 08-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #42301

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Annnnd, Steve is giddily awaiting his muties.......see you soon!!!!!
Who you callin' giddy pardna...
Yes the excitement is building... !!

And I'm just not sure about this bearded mutant trend. Hmmm.
So - do you run the generator at night at Malmart?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439616342055.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	103369  
Old 08-15-2015, 06:38 AM   #42302

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Who you callin' giddy pardna...
Yes the excitement is building... !!

And I'm just not sure about this bearded mutant trend. Hmmm.
So - do you run the generator at night at Malmart?
We do, unless I've passed up a fuel stop and the tank is to low to run the generator! (See post 2 weeks back)
Old 08-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #42303

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We do, unless I've passed up a fuel stop and the tank is to low to run the generator! (See post 2 weeks back)
Wakey...Wakey... get up lets go. It's day 1 of the GC at Bryce Canyon got to get there.

With these cool nights we have not run the genny, only a fantastic fan to create a nice breeze.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #42304

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Wakey...Wakey... get up lets go. It's day 1 of the GC at Bryce Canyon got to get there.

With these cool nights we have not run the genny, only a fantastic fan to create a nice breeze.
How far out are ya'll?
When do you plan on arriving?
Found my reservation confirmation said check in is noon, I called yesterday, before I found the confirmation e-mail and was told 4pm. I knew that couldn't be correct. We're about an hour out, will hang here till Pobah comes along or run off by this park.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #42305

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
How far out are ya'll?
When do you plan on arriving?
Found my reservation confirmation said check in is noon, I called yesterday, before I found the confirmation e-mail and was told 4pm. I knew that couldn't be correct. We're about an hour out, will hang here till Pobah comes along or run off by this park.
My guess is 12:32... we are in Richfield and plan to leave at 10:39.

I had noon as the check in time marked on my calendar....

Will take some time this morning to load up the weapons...

May want to practice my drive by squirting.....
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #42306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
My guess is 12:32... we are in Richfield and plan to leave at 10:39.

I had noon as the check in time marked on my calendar....

Will take some time this morning to load up the weapons...

May want to practice my drive by squirting.....

Gonna leave Jacobs Lake about 10. Shop in Kanab. Arrive at 1231 to beat Ed to the check in, but dry and unarmed.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #42307

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evenin Muteys!

Dang there must be sumpin in the air cause we've been sitting in a hotel room for four days waitin on Cummins to get Jenny runnin again. This trip has just about eaten our lunch. First it was a freak water leak from the grey tank where the drain hose clamps into the tank which just happens to be right above the inverter. Yep, inverter gets wet and fries. GSEW says they won't cover it. That was $2500 in Colorado Springs shop. I wasn't a happy camper because that inverter was only 8 months old and because of a freak leak, manufacturer will not honor any warranty. Then we roll on towards Yellowstone from SLC and 13 miles short of our destination Jenny overheats on flat ground. I unhook Jeepy, drive in to get some coolant but she only takes a gallon. Start her up, straight to red she goes in no time. It took us three hours to limp into West Yellowstone on a Saturday afternoon. Starting goin maybe a mile then shutting her down to cool off. Called GS Roadside and had her towed to Bozeman where we have been all week. Should be done tomorrow and another $3900 until I see what GSEW will cover. Fan Shroud sheared off all bolts but one and shroud dropped against the fan causing it to barely turn. Had to pull the radiator to tap out sheared bolts. Then found the fan clutch leaking oil. Now that has to be ordered and put in. Finally got her buttoned up and crank her up yesterday... But wait..... Now we hear a new exhaust leak. Pull her back in and sure nuff, we got a rubber hose on top of the engine that look like it started melting and had a hole. Sooooo ordered part yesterday, should be in tomorrow. My question.... How the Hoo doo does a fan shroud shear off all the bolts? Cummins sure doesn't seem to know.
Mel I feel your pain! My Jenny only has 32K on here and I've replaced the water pump, now all this. I know these Moho's are expensive to maintain but this is ridiculous! I don't skimp on routine maintenance but geesh!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Herb & Mel,
So sorry to hear of the problems, expenses, and frustrations, I can empathise with you.

Herb, I had learned the hard way about Cummins vs. Freightliner. Not to offend Ed, but Cummins knows nothing about the diesel pusher cooling systems on Freightliners. Cummins simply delivers an engine to Freightliner, and then Freightliner installs their own radiator & cooling systems, to include the shrouds and fan clutch. So, taking Jenny to Cummins for a radiator/cooling system/fan clutch is like taking your Jeep to a Polaris dealership. This lesson cost me over $2500.00 last year.
Additionally, all Cummins are NOT created equal. As Ed explained to me, [if I remember it correctly] some are owned/operated by Cummins, while others are part of a Franchise. However, all have the same Cummins sign outside.
As to the bolts, I remember that when I did some research on my overheating problems with my Cummins 340 hp Turbo, I believe I read something about Freightliner having some problems with the bolts shearing off particular fan clutches. What stuck with me was that there was not a recall on them, only a technical bulletin. You might want to give them a call at 1-800-FTL-HELP (1-800-385-4357). I have read that they have been extremely helpful and aren't afraid to tell the customer that this & that needs to be done, on THEIR DIME [but you need to ask for it], even if out of warranty. Just have your chassis & other coach #s.

Mel,
Frustrating, disappointing, and depressing!!!! It will put you in the what the h#@@ is going on and why me? I cannot put up with it anymore!!! Is this what I signed up for? Do I just need to get rid of this MH to get rid of all of the problems? Is this dream really costing me all of that money, money that I really cannot afford to pay out?
Well, there are many, many answers out there, but they can only be answered by you. Your rational inner thoughts & judgement will eventually rise to the top. You cannot answer these questions while all of this is happening to you. Will it all pass? YES!!!! Will you be able to sit back one day, and say it was worth fixing it and putting out all the money [that you hadn't planned for]? Only fond memories of the journeys and places visited will be able to answer that one.

Bottomline, only you and Kate can make these decisions. Only you two can answer the questions, BUT only when rational reasoning kicks in!!!!!

Larry
Old 08-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #42308

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ great post Larry.