Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #42575
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Things somehow got outta hand and I don't belive we have pictures of dinner... but believe me, it was so good it's embarrassing. Look out Chopped, look out Iron Chef, beware the mutant chefs are coming.

I will say this - the venison chilis bested the beef. The pasta and fresh green salad were tied. The cheery desert (clearly a secret recipe) was perfect. Crudes (Mutant Award Winning) stuffed peppers were still just that. Jackie and Eds wings were top shelf. The Poobpah came through with an new mutant favorite grilled Hippie Hot Dogs wrapped with Hillbilly Bacon. I must be forgetting something and somone... it was 5 Muntant ☆
Yummy. Everything sounds great. Thanks for keeping us non-attendees updated on the fun.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 11:43 PM   #42576

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGM View Post
I don`t seem to have heard from OKMUNKY:nonono
Well I fell over on my gogo scooter and the arm rest got me in the right titty, could just barely breathe, week later i went to the Dr and was told that I had pneumonia and am still fighting it. Watch OUT when riding or the boogie man will get you
Hey Warren! Believe me, I am careful on my GoGo. Sorry to hear you took a spill.

I still have a happy meal with your name on it. Keep in touch friend. How was the wedding?

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:52 AM   #42577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Enjoy some pictures of the mutants that went Jeepin' today. Turn your screens while I figure out how maybe for next time.

Aaaack! All the pics are coming in as broken links this morning! Everybody's pics, not just these. Maybe it'll improve later on?

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 08-20-2015, 03:53 AM   #42578

Quote:
Woot! Woot! Look who's here everybody.... Richard and Ann made it from Arkansas!!

X 2! It's been a trip!

Old 08-20-2015, 03:55 AM   #42579

Quote:
Things somehow got outta hand and I don't belive we have pictures of dinner... but believe me, it was so good it's embarrassing. Look out Chopped, look out Iron Chef, beware the mutant chefs are coming.

I will say this - the venison chilis bested the beef. The pasta and fresh green salad were tied. The cheery desert (clearly a secret recipe) was perfect. Crudes (Mutant Award Winning) stuffed peppers were still just that. Jackie and Eds wings were top shelf. The Poobpah came through with an new mutant favorite grilled Hippie Hot Dogs wrapped with Hillbilly Bacon. I must be forgetting something and somone... it was 5 Muntant ☆

Here I am trying to lose weight and I've gained 5 lbs. just reading this! Thanks, I think!

Old 08-20-2015, 04:00 AM   #42580

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGM View Post
I don`t seem to have heard from OKMUNKY:nonono

Well I fell over on my gogo scooter and the arm rest got me in the right titty, could just barely breathe, week later i went to the Dr and was told that I had pneumonia and am still fighting it. Watch OUT when riding or the boogie man will get you

Need training wheels, Warren? (I would!)

Man, you really never know what's coming next! Hang in there, be faithful following dr's orders, and stay positive. We need to see you on the rainbow!

Old 08-20-2015, 04:37 AM   #42581

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quick, while I can get a word or two in edgewise! Hope I'm not waking anyone up!

In retaliation, Steve, here's our supper last night, served in the beer garden of The Jolly Fisherman in the small village of Craster. The view was north and east over the North Sea at low tide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440061404.126324.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	103936

That would be rock bass and fresh veg for Himself, and local crab on toast with mango chutney and apple/ pear salad with a bowl of sweet potato soup for me. Mmm!

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440063015.301048.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	103937

Way the hay off in the distance to the north are the spiky ruins of Dunstanburgh Castle.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440063100.672536.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	103938

The harbor village reminds us of the setting for "Doc Martin", BBC sitcom/drama. Bet this place is only for the strong and sturdy in the winter!

Old 08-20-2015, 04:57 AM   #42582

R U an RV Mutant too?

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440063781.486968.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	103939

I forgot to say, the reason we came to Craster was to get some smoked kippers from this place. Several years ago, our friends from near Newcastle took us there for a meal, and it was memorable. See the fish on the side of the smokehouse? Bigger than life size those are, but one real fish more than covers a large plate.

They seem to be smoking 24/7 and the air is frequently flavored with their smoke as the wind drifts it around. Unfortunately the Robson's restaurant was fully booked yesterday, but the shop was open. We brought back filets to grill. Mmmm!

Cheers!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:21 AM   #42583

R U an RV Mutant too?

More! There's more! Non-Bryce, that is.

BTW, there's a small CG (just an open hillside field, really) up a very narrow road about half a mile south of us, and a large RV park right across the valley. We'll go take a look in the next day or so.

Not far from Newcastle is Alnwick (pronounced Annick) and the castle that was used for Hogwarts School, but we've already been there. What our BIL recommended is the lesser known Howick Hall Gardens and Arboretum. No coaches, few tourists!

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440065388.583542.jpg
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	103940

This is where Earl Grey tea originated. A Chinese Mandarin was employed by the 2nd Earl Grey to develop a tea that would disguise the lime in the water and produce a tastier brew. The final combination includes bergamot. When the resulting tea was shared with friends in London, it became popular enough that it was eventually marketed. The family, not being business minded, didn't retain any rights to it and never received a penny from their tea's sales.

This particular Earl, Charles, was leader of the Whig Party and Prime Minister for 4 years early in the 19th century. Slavery was abolished during his tenure and the parliamentary reforms were instituted that eventually became the modern English democracy.

Today, there is a tearoom in the original ballroom, serving lunches, cakes and, of course, tea. The current owner, Lord Howick of Glendale (grandson of the 5th Earl Grey, and who works as an ENT) and his family live in one wing of the house and retain their private gardens, but the rest is open to the public. Sixty-four acres of trees with walking paths and several acres of various themed flower gardens are available.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440065703.016652.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	103941

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440065742.144960.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	103942

A lovely place to rest our bones for a while, benches at the back of the house.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440065788.694270.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	103943

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440065851.925888.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	103944

We saw only the one gardener, but you can bet there is an army of them keeping things tidy. Staff! We need staff! Something not needed in a fulltimer's budget!

Better send this off while I can and before y'all are totally bored with me. 😉 🙊. Love ya, every one! Cheers!

Old 08-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #42584

Carolina Campers
R U an RV Mutant too?

We have been traveling back to NC.

I saw a number of posts welcoming us to the group. We would like to thank you all for that!

T H A N K Y O U ALL FOR THAT...

We made it home safe and sound, but we are waiting for the next GC where we can meet you in person. From all the pic's and comments, it seems you all had a great Mutantly time at Bryce.

Again, thanks for the welcome (except for the one that told me about how the newbies get all the chores around camp)....

Thanks,

Ted & Kathleen
RVM121
Old 08-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #42585

Good Morning Mutants !!

Well I wanted to post a couple of pics from yesterday's Jeep trip. We found RD 540 and went to the very end. So that is where we had a snack lunch and took some pics of the area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1440072050101.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	103949   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440072136800.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	103950  

Name:	1440072229638.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	103951  
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:14 AM   #42586
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post

Spring in NE can be kind of iffy. Fall is waaaay better and weather is a bit more predictable.

NE in the fall is great. Highly recommended. So many choices of places to go as well.
Like the idea of New England or Pennsylvania in the fall of 2016 ... Maybe early October?
Old 08-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #42587

R U an RV Mutant too?

Oops! Ignore!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #42588

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
We have been traveling back to NC.

I saw a number of posts welcoming us to the group. We would like to thank you all for that!

T H A N K Y O U ALL FOR THAT...

We made it home safe and sound, but we are waiting for the next GC where we can meet you in person. From all the pic's and comments, it seems you all had a great Mutantly time at Bryce.

Again, thanks for the welcome (except for the one that told me about how the newbies get all the chores around camp)....

Thanks,

Ted & Kathleen
RVM121

Did anyone tell you the way to get rid of the broom and bucket? Recruit, dear boy! Oh no, actually not...we just wait for unsuspecting newbies to show up and sign on. Don't recruit, just live in hope ...the spider and the fly, mwaah hah, hah!