Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'll stick with XP. Win7 and Samsung. linux, etc... thank you very much.
X 2 Dunner I really like Windows XP....
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #4286

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did you two post on the wrong thread? One minute we're 4 wheeling, then we get Windows XP!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #4287

We'er mutating. Do you mind? HuH?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
We'er mutating. Do you mind? HuH?
Dunner are you mutating to Arkansas in April? We all sure hope so. You got to!
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #4289

Steam Train

The railroad in New Mexico is call the Cumbres & Toltec. It runs from Chama, NM to Antonito, CO. I took the one day trip from Chama to Ozir, CO. Part of the fare includes a great meal at Ozir. They usually have about four entrees to choose from. Be sure to try the Buttermilk Pie.

These photos are from our 2007 trip.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C&T 22.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	47261   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&T 13.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	772.5 KB
ID:	47262  

Click image for larger version

Name:	C&T 26.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	47263  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #4290

No pics. but when in the army, severals of us to take turns riding in the box cars from Wagwan to the other army bases to protect the gas powered model airplanes when we went from event to event. Every time the train stopped, we would either switch or get fresh beers. One of the ones were were protecting was a 21 lb, scale, 9 1/2' wingspan B-36.

Trains were pretty much the same as in your pictures.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #4291

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo Driver
The railroad in New Mexico is call the Cumbres & Toltec. It runs from Chama, NM to Antonito, CO. I took the one day trip from Chama to Ozir, CO. Part of the fare includes a great meal at Ozir. They usually have about four entrees to choose from. Be sure to try the Buttermilk Pie.

Enjoy!
Inyo Driver - you have wandered onto the Rainbow thread of the RV Mutants. We appreciate your post and extend the offer to join us as a full fledged RVM. While anyone can post anywhere on iRV2 - we RVMs are a group of open minded, creative, free spirits. Some are vacationers - some are full time but all are mutants.

What joins us together is admitting that our rigs - whatever they may be - don't have some things and we don't miss them. We also make the journey our destination. If you'd like to join the curiosity of RVMs - tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss. And proclaim the journey is your destination.

If it all seems a little strange then perhaps go back to the first few posts in the thread and read how it all got started. You may find yourself laughing and wanting to join in the fun. You may not. Either way - thanks for the post - and welcome to iRV2 - seems this is you 4th post and you've come to the right place.

You may claim your RVM number with your next post. That would be... RVM51
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #4292

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo Driver View Post

Enjoy!
If you saw my pics then you recognized it as the same trip. We made that Jorney this summer. Your right, that was an excellent meal. I was willing to except so much less. Boy was I surprised. One problem with the big meal, made the afternoon ride very sleepy! Did you visit the sand dunes near Chama?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #4293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo Driver View Post

Enjoy!
Oh Geessshhhhhhh,

I just added that to the bucket list, it must be an interesting trip. thank you for posting the pics.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #4294

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Now that there looks like a great side trip, ya gotta love those old steam trains. There is supposed to be one in New Mexico that takes you up to Taos or something like that, but I dont have any of the particulars.

Cheers !!!
Was in Taos this summer, didNt see any train there. Closest was the one in Chama. There is one also that runs from Durango, Co to Silverton, Co. We didn't ride it cause that the portion of the mountains we rode the Jeeps in.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #4295

Trains

When I was a kid we lived in the country where a track ran right beside the house, only 2 trains a day. There was one in the early a.m. I used to wake up early to wave to the guy in the caboose from my bedroom window. During the winter when it was still dark, he would wave a lantern and I would use a flashlight! Once there was and amazing sounding whistle, and the train was being pulled by a steam engine. My grandfather was a railroad conductor. I have his railroad pocket watch.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #4296

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Choo Choo - mutant crossing..... My uncle worked his entire life for the Union Pacific RR - Ft. Smith to Kauffeville Ks (sp ?). When we would visit him he always took me to the train yard. He wore every hat from brakeman to conductor and everything in between methinks. The RVMdom is a place of many intersections.

Trying to catch a little nonsense on the TV before making the drive home tomorrow. Rainbow interruption ahead.

It has been a great journey. Looking forward to the next. I just want to say how much I appreciated knowing all the mutants were out there if I needed them. What a group - and what a Grande Curiosity we have ahead of us!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #4297

Fleetwood Owners Club
Safe trip Steve, you know you've got to get back so you can retire!

Bonita, take them on home.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #4298

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
When I was a kid we lived in the country where a track ran right beside the house, only 2 trains a day. There was one in the early a.m. I used to wake up early to wave to the guy in the caboose from my bedroom window. During the winter when it was still dark, he would wave a lantern and I would use a flashlight! Once there was and amazing sounding whistle, and the train was being pulled by a steam engine. My grandfather was a railroad conductor. I have his railroad pocket watch.
Great memories. Our first ride on a train was quit remember able. This was about 12 years ago, before long RVing trips, DW booked flight, I booked Hotel.
Problem arose when we realized the arriving airport was in Long Island. Too late to change flight I started looking for transportation to hotel in Manhattan. Quite by serendipity we rode a train we had heard about since children, The Long Island Railroad.