Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 08:22 AM   #43331
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
We're in Pahrump

I noted that when I saw your profile! We had a ball going off road up Wheelers Pass.
Welcome RVM123!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #43332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Make that two more SLS..... I got one a month ago, and might get another... Saw them at Home Goods last week.

Since heretofore, I've been in the dark about Himalayan Salt Lamps, I thought it prudent to self-educate prior to flapping my beak.

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/hi...lamp-benefits/

So much for being "informed". I still did not see unbiased research data to support the concept. OK, file my unwashed thinking under the skeptics category. The one benefit that got my feathers bent was the claim to eradicate electromagnetic radiation (EM). Seems that the promotors of salt lamps assume such radiation is thwarted by a cube of salt that is warmed by a tiny bulb (environmentally small bulb at that). Were it only that simple!

Yeah, I'm just agitating here, for the heck of it. Those who swear by the various benefits will take the opposite view.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #43333

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Since heretofore, I've been in the dark about Himalayan Salt Lamps, I thought it prudent to self-educate prior to flapping my beak.

Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp Benefits - Why You Need One In Your Home

So much for being "informed". I still did not see unbiased research data to support the concept. OK, file my unwashed thinking under the skeptics category. The one benefit that got my feathers bent was the claim to eradicate electromagnetic radiation (EM). Seems that the promotors of salt lamps assume such radiation is thwarted by a cube of salt that is warmed by a tiny bulb (environmentally small bulb at that). Were it only that simple!

Yeah, I'm just agitating here, for the heck of it. Those who swear by the various benefits will take the opposite view.
I'm holding off till I find a pepper lamp to go with it!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #43334
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm holding off till I find a pepper lamp to go with it!

Peppercorns or course ground. The latter gives off more aura.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #43335
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:

I also was very skeptical.... But it is like using a Neti pot.... It cleans my sinus... That is why i like it. Not the EM mumbo jumbo.
I can lean over it and take a deep breath and feel it.... Sometimes it is too strong, and we turn it off...

Plus it is a pretty glow.... And has been a conversation piece with my sons. Lol... Being as they are huge skeptics....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 AM   #43336
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Peppercorns or course ground. The latter gives off more aura.

Sit beside Larry when he eats... Pepper in the air makes me sneeze every meal.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 AM   #43337

What A Beautiful Morning, The Air Its Crisp, Sun shining, Blue Skies. Looking Forward To Another Wonderful Day, Just Wish A Couple More Of my Mutant Friends Could Be Here. I Wish Everyone A Glorious Day!

(Sorry About The Caps, My Phone Thinks Everything I Say Is Important Lol)
Old 08-31-2015, 09:43 AM   #43338

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequrtzl View Post
What A Beautiful Morning, The Air Its Crisp, Sun shining, Blue Skies. Looking Forward To Another Wonderful Day, Just Wish A Couple More Of my Mutant Friends Could Be Here. I Wish Everyone A Glorious Day!

(Sorry About The Caps, My Phone Thinks Everything I Say Is Important Lol)
You should of been at Bryce!
Those old hippies and jeep maniacs were in there prim there!

Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:07 AM   #43339

Anyone for Jellied Eels?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1441033573.657096.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	105334
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1441033609.760352.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	105335
In Margate on a typical English Bank Holiday - cold and wet!

Sue will describe the experience later.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #43340

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Anyone for Jellied Eels?
Attachment 105334
Attachment 105335
In Margate on a typical English Bank Holiday - cold and wet!

Sue will describe the experience later.
Woot!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #43341

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
When you go to post the photos Dave do it in the advanced window and use the "Insert image" in the tool bar (lower row looks like a photo or post card) and fill in with the URL of the photo. You will see the url in the advanced window and then just put your cursor at the end of the string, hit enter a couple times to give you a little space below that photo and type your message for the next photo. Repeat the above for the photos you're posting.

Hope that's clear as mud!

I use the app most times and have a different system:

1- Reply or quote a message to open your dialog box, put the cursor where you want your pic, then click the photo icon (postcard).

2 - That takes you to your photos, where you choose one and click upload. (You must have access to photos enabled.) It only takes one at a time.

Clicking the camera instead of the postcard allows you to take a pic right then and use it.

3 - Once the pic is uploaded, it shows as a code string and can be copied and moved if you need to change its position.

Hope this is useful!

Cheers!
Sue, RVM #36

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 08-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #43342

Quote:

For the unwashed, informed but feathers bent one(s), I don't even plan to proselytize. 😱 I'd never even heard of the EM stuff, just the ionization. The most important thing to me is that I don't have sudden episodes of nasal closure when the lamp is on. Three days into our trip away, I began to have them again.

Put me in the "I don't care how it works just don't take mine away" category. Not very scientific, am I?

So what's the EM supposed to do to one?

Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 AM   #43343

Jellied eels, or what Martin calls Eels in Aspic (sounds posh, doesn't it?), a description follows for those who are interested. Look away now if you don't wanna know!

The aspic is basically a gelled clear salty (sea?) water. The eels themselves are like small fish steaks, crosswise cut into inch thick slices with the skin on. The meat is white, soft, and fine textured, sort of sweetly salty. The skin is softer, almost gelatinous.

My little pot of half a dozen pieces was enough for a good seaside snack. Crazy about them? No, I guess not, but I liked them well enough to repeat some other time. Maybe with a skinful of likker, I might feel differently.... Possum?

Old 08-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #43344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

So what's the EM supposed to do ?

Numb the brain of your fancy smart phone, it will. At least an EMP (electromagnetic pulse or burst) will render yuppies totally speechless. No way to communicate, unless they resort to verbal one-on-one interfacing. The BMW won't start. Electronic latte makers will fall dormant. Back to the Stone Age of attempted vocalization by the campfire.

No television, no endless political yammering! Hmmm ... bring on that EMP, I say ... it might clear things up.