Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 10:00 AM   #43331

Jellied eels, or what Martin calls Eels in Aspic (sounds posh, doesn't it?), a description follows for those who are interested. Look away now if you don't wanna know!

The aspic is basically a gelled clear salty (sea?) water. The eels themselves are like small fish steaks, crosswise cut into inch thick slices with the skin on. The meat is white, soft, and fine textured, sort of sweetly salty. The skin is softer, almost gelatinous.

My little pot of half a dozen pieces was enough for a good seaside snack. Crazy about them? No, I guess not, but I liked them well enough to repeat some other time. Maybe with a skinful of likker, I might feel differently.... Possum?

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #43332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

So what's the EM supposed to do ?

Numb the brain of your fancy smart phone, it will. At least an EMP (electromagnetic pulse or burst) will render yuppies totally speechless. No way to communicate, unless they resort to verbal one-on-one interfacing. The BMW won't start. Electronic latte makers will fall dormant. Back to the Stone Age of attempted vocalization by the campfire.

No television, no endless political yammering! Hmmm ... bring on that EMP, I say ... it might clear things up.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #43333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Numb the brain of your fancy smart phone, it will. At least an EMP (electromagnetic pulse or burst) will render yuppies totally speechless. No way to communicate, unless they resort to verbal one-on-one interfacing. The BMW won't start. Electronic latte makers will fall dormant. Back to the Stone Age of attempted vocalization by the campfire.

No television, no endless political yammering! Hmmm ... bring on that EMP, I say ... it might clear things up.

Yikes! Pretty drastic, that! Verbal tete á tete? Vocalization? Oh lordy, is that what all these mutants have been doing around their primitive campfires? Back to the dark ages!

Bring it on!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #43334

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yikes! Pretty drastic, that! Verbal tete á tete? Vocalization? Oh lordy, is that what all these mutants have been doing around their primitive campfires? Back to the dark ages!

Bring it on!

When do you come back to the dark ages...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #43335

Vintage RV Owners Club
Count me in the salt lamp club....didn't bring one in the Honey this trip as we were heavy enough fully locked and loaded so to speak....but I have 2 in my stick and brick.... Anything to help get the dang dust out of the air!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #43336

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When do you come back to the dark ages...

Soon, Kemosabi, soon. Wednesday Heathrow, overnight O'Hare, Thursday home.

We saw a highly controversial exhibit at the Turner Contemporary Gallery in Margate today (before having jellied eels on the seafront) and had a pleasant drive back past hops nearing harvest, apple orchards, and huge greenhouses full of organic crops. Naps this afternoon and sharing curries with the kids tonight.

Campfires some other time.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:49 AM   #43337

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh, and here's a ponder for those who still call their stick and brick 'home'.

Do you get a bit grouchy on your way home, and is this phenomena common to all who wander? (Or is this just my family???)
Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #43338

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Count me in the salt lamp club....didn't bring one in the Honey this trip as we were heavy enough fully locked and loaded so to speak....but I have 2 in my stick and brick.... Anything to help get the dang dust out of the air!
We have ours out and glowing. They are attractive and put off a nice golden glow. If that's all it did it would be worth it. But I suspect they do more. Nothing scientific, but that doesn't matter to us. Today eggs are good for us. Yesterday, not so much. Tomorrow who knows. I like eggs and eat them often, with bacon of course.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #43339
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Not yet, too much fun ahead. Look at all of the smiles in the bus pic^. Even the tough guy in the blue shirt has smiling eyes.....
Aw, he's a pussycat, or something like that. Now watch out for the guy with the hat and bandana - sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
STEVE...... Are you texting the temps asking if they are ever gonna update the website?

These are wonderful pics.... What kinda camera and lens?
He's texting Annie and when he hits send he looks up and says, "Did you get it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Sue, we have two new converts to the salt lamp society: Marcia & Jackie each got one at Bryce!!!!!
We have one at the S&B. It's all wrapped up in a plastic bag until we get back.

Quote:
Since heretofore, I've been in the dark about Himalayan Salt Lamps, I thought it prudent to self-educate prior to flapping my beak.

Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp Benefits - Why You Need One In Your Home

So much for being "informed". I still did not see unbiased research data to support the concept. OK, file my unwashed thinking under the skeptics category. The one benefit that got my feathers bent was the claim to eradicate electromagnetic radiation (EM). Seems that the promotors of salt lamps assume such radiation is thwarted by a cube of salt that is warmed by a tiny bulb (environmentally small bulb at that). Were it only that simple!

Yeah, I'm just agitating here, for the heck of it. Those who swear by the various benefits will take the opposite view.
ROLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Peppercorns or course ground. The latter gives off more aura.
Ghost peppers are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Sit beside Larry when he eats... Pepper in the air makes me sneeze every meal.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Been there did that and it really depends on what he has been eating, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequrtzl View Post
What A Beautiful Morning, The Air Its Crisp, Sun shining, Blue Skies. Looking Forward To Another Wonderful Day, Just Wish A Couple More Of my Mutant Friends Could Be Here. I Wish Everyone A Glorious Day!

(Sorry About The Caps, My Phone Thinks Everything I Say Is Important Lol)
Well hello there Miss Shara!

Quote:
Jellied eels, or what Martin calls Eels in Aspic (sounds posh, doesn't it?), a description follows for those who are interested. Look away now if you don't wanna know!

The aspic is basically a gelled clear salty (sea?) water. The eels themselves are like small fish steaks, crosswise cut into inch thick slices with the skin on. The meat is white, soft, and fine textured, sort of sweetly salty. The skin is softer, almost gelatinous.

My little pot of half a dozen pieces was enough for a good seaside snack. Crazy about them? No, I guess not, but I liked them well enough to repeat some other time. Maybe with a skinful of likker, I might feel differently.... Possum?

What crature from the ocean is not eatable?

Quote:

This time: ROFLMAO

Quote:

Do you get a bit grouchy on your way home, and is this phenomena common to all who wander? (Or is this just my family???)
Earlene says I never change! (You read that the way you want to.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #43340

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
You could be considered a "no-timer". Have you narrowed the search for an RV? Brand, style, length, interior layout, etc. Maybe build your own out of scraps like I did.
I have a good idea of what I want and the only hurdle is getting rid of all this "stuff" and the S&B to begin the journey. Just little ol' me doing it all. And perfecting procrastination does speed that process.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #43341

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:

YES... it was rough going back "home".... missing the mutants and looking forward to w**k (NOT).

Cleaned the Bryce dirt off the Jeep Saturday...now its on the drive for a little while. Sad sad indeed.

Mowed grass Sunday oh how fun that was...

If only we could leave now for full time... we are ready.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #43342

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
YES... it was rough going back "home".... missing the mutants and looking forward to w**k (NOT).

Cleaned the Bryce dirt off the Jeep Saturday...now its on the drive for a little while. Sad sad indeed.

Mowed grass Sunday oh how fun that was...

If only we could leave now for full time... we are ready.
I do believe you are!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:09 PM   #43343
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
We're in Pahrump
I I had to look that one up! But found it.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #43344
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
I have a good idea of what I want and the only hurdle is getting rid of all this "stuff" and the S&B to begin the journey. Just little ol' me doing it all. And perfecting procrastination does speed that process.
Yep, Ken, it helps having a "motivator". Kate keeps pushing me to get all my junk given away, sold or thrown away. We're making progress. Should have everything disposed of and cleaned out by the end of January or mid February. It's hard to keep at it, but just keep that Rainbow in mind and then you can pack the next box. You can do it!!!!

Knee replacements later in Sept will set me back for a while, but I am keeping my eyes on the prize. 😉 Keep YOUR eyes on that Rainbow prize, too.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote